No more E-Mods at OSW

I think that the dirt guys are being a little sarcastic :smiley:

Fact is I have been to 2 different dirt tracks this past year with 80+ cars in the pits and they too are struggling to put fans in the stands on a consistent basis.

Going to dirt has been a persistent belief from many guys who think it will fix things. Fix it just like going to Saturday night was supposed to do.

It is a fact that the Volusia dirt track has blossomed this year. East Bay is consistently good, and from reading the reports, NFS is also strong.

The dirt people are not being sarcastic, but they are not being helpful or realistic either. The best way to save racing at Orlando? Get out there and race.

I was a " lets put dirt on it" guy too… Until I raced there again.
It was a damn blast last week !!! I’d forgotten how much fun speedworld is to race on.

Part of the reason for speed worlds problems are Butch and Barb are not there. They are Racers and know the struggles. That’s when everything started to circle the drain.

The drain was circling looooong before Butch & Barbara were even involved.

Two people cannot plug the hole in the side of the Titanic…

OSW’s problems go a long way back… it’s not a 3-4 year problem, its at least a decade old.

Sry I mean no disrespect DD38.I shouldn’t have wrote idiot. Just your words choice of junker got me a little. What I was referring to when i said “the classes people want to watch” cause the lower classes are more pron to “getting after it” so to speak. Pushing rubbing driving in further then tires will allow. lol Action is what I was referring too. Nobody interested by 8 mods running in a line after the have qualified and fast cars are already in the front. Its the same reason Crash a Rama packs the house. Not saying Mods boring by any means I personally would not take them of the line up. I drove for Donnie Lewis a few times. He put faith in me never being in a Mod before qualified 5th for a 50 lapper. Got to the lead and put a straight away on second. restart with 3 to go me being novice spun the tires and looped it. but from there on Ive want to get a Modified. They stopped Mini Stocks too…i was in process of putting one together aswell.

Well its better to have someone there that has ran a track before. this new guy jimbo I couldnt find any where he’s ran any track before .

The only way osw will come back is we need ozzy to give it back to the harts and bring back Rusty I know it will never happen.

At least they are let everyone know ahead of time! A few years ago they switched the sportsman to 8" tires mid season w/o warning. I had 8 brand new wheels and and a new set of tires I ran one race. I didn’t mind the change but it would have been nice to know before hand.

The only way osw will come back is

Really? You cannot conceive of ANY way to rebound aside from going back in time by 5 years?

Well 5 years ago there were more cars and fans in the stands. by the way boneman where are you oh thats right you dont race out there anymore you left too. Thanks

[QUOTEoh thats right you dont race out there ][/QUOTE]

Not exactly. I was there to race in June, and I’ll be there for our event in December. I’m also in the pits most weeks because I’d like to see things rebound.

Great I cant wait.

just an idea

[B][I]Maybe if someone would show up with a pre-establish long term plan, at least 3 years, they could be listen to. As long as they will ‘‘try this try that’’ it will never work. Nobody will step in if all those are tests.

Whoever runs this place should make up their mind what they want to present there as their weekly racing, hopefully no more than 4 classes, set in concrete rules, get a shedule up, a point funds for each classes, purse structure.

Send somebody to reach for sponsors. Contact as many racers as they can. Have a real drivers meeting. Get with the media to officially announce that OSW will live again, and be more popular than it use to be.

But quit trying different set up. In order to have people in your boat, you have to tell them exactly where the boat is going.[/I][/B]

Updating the website for 10/26 results would be a good start :rolleyes:

Yea they said they were putting up a new website that was the reason for not updateing it. how long is that been 4/5 months ago? their latest big post on facebook is they need everybody to park in front of the bathrooms in the pits not behind them. I think the parking is the least of their worries.

It will make the pits look fuller.

gm quit today