Bubba Racr

Looks like they packed the house at Ocala last weekend.
Heard the stands were full and had plenty of cars.
Guess they did it with out the boards support.
Just think if they had promoted it on the board they could have had the 12 show up and talk trash about there race.
wonder why they skip this board??

don62

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;137341]Looks like they packed the house at Ocala
wonder why they skip this board??

don62[/QUOTE]

I follow ALOT of dirt message boards.They dont have the drama,name calling,and bickering that is displayed here daily…Dirt drivers only come to this board to post in classifieds.

:ernaehrung004:

When you ran Lake City, you’d have been thrilled with 12 cars or 12 fans through your gates. Another example of the monumental succcess of King Don.

By the way… if you HAVEN’T noticed along the way, Bubba has a week-long radio show. He’s the only one in the business in Fla that has that luxury. His show doesn’t play in my market, so I don’t GET his promotions.

I don’t get the show, they don’t promote themselves here, and the only reason I knew anything about this show, was the NeSmith Series Facebook info.

Don just LOVES to compare apples with orangutans (that’s in the monkey family… not a fruit that grows in your backyard).

So which track got YOUR money this week Don???

NONE… as usual.

Cant We All Just Get Along

November 29 Orlando Speeworld 7:30:)

I thought promoting events was suppose to be in the Events Section? But I still see it here.

[QUOTE=Frasson118;137349]When you ran Lake City, you’d have been thrilled with 12 cars or 12 fans through your gates. Another example of the monumental succcess of King Don.

By the way… if you HAVEN’T noticed along the way, Bubba has a week-long radio show. He’s the only one in the business in Fla that has that luxury. His show doesn’t play in my market, so I don’t GET his promotions.

I don’t get the show, they don’t promote themselves here, and the only reason I knew anything about this show, was the NeSmith Series Facebook info.

Don just LOVES to compare apples with orangutans (that’s in the monkey family… not a fruit that grows in your backyard).

So which track got YOUR money this week Don???

NONE… as usual.[/QUOTE]

Jerry nice hit. Lakecity was on it ass for years and we did pick up the car count and croud for a few years but the money ran out and we had to give it up.
It is a great place in the wrong time.
I see its doing so much better after I left.
Lake city was a bad deal for fans drivers and me.
The difference between you and me is that I swing a bat with my money and you swing a keybord for $19.95.
As I have told you so many times sell ur house and car. borrow all the money u can and show me how to do it. I will respect you however it goes . But now ur just a mouth running non racer with a beer and a keyboard.
Man up

don62

don62

Don, That was kind of a low blow, Jerry lives in his car behind the forklift repair shop where he works sweeping floors twice a week. Spends his government check on Obama decals, beer, and race tickets.

Jerry-Jerry-Jerry

Now that’s funny I don’t care who you are. :slight_smile:

Ocala was packed because it was the Nesmith traveling series. And their last race of the year I believe. Between Nesmith promotions, and Bubba on the radio they wouldn’t need much more help to pack a show like that.
I remember Don from the Desoto days. Nobody really knows all the details about why any track or series goes downhill, but I think it’s pretty obvious that not all of Don’s failures can be pinned to the money running out, or being the wrong time, or a new owner taking over. There must have been some game changing mistakes by Don as well. Maybe quite a few.
Promoting is hard work. Some guys like Tom Curley are great at it and keep things running beautifully for decades. Others move from track to track many timers over a career.

It didn’t always work out, but Don has tried promoting some unique shows over the years. Some of them were a real roll of the dice…

I’ll never forget that time at Lakeland when he dreamed up “Bring you Ex-wife to the track” night. Yeah, there were lots of women there; I think Don himself brought 4 or 5 along. The problem was that every time a guy went to get a beer or a hot dog, one of the ex’s would insist on taking more than half of it, so everyone left pretty discouraged.

Then there was Prostate Cancer Awareness Night at Orlando. Yes, Don was ahead of the curve on the whole cancer awareness scam. On paper, it seemed like a good idea to check male fans right there on the starting line, but in practice it just didn’t connect with the fans. And to think we all wore brown that night too.

Jerry!!!

Can you pass me a beer please. Don would you like one:ernaehrung004:

rex was the teq man that night and dint have gloves

Thanks Moe now im one of the 12?
Burp gusle gasp far out dude!!

don62