5. 99 Johnny Marra Punta Gorda

6. 8 John Widner Myakka City

7. 21 Alexa Anderson Lakeland

8. 41 Mark Petty Venice

9. 77 Laura Mammima North Port

10. 67 T.J. Tanner Winter Haven

11. 3 Sherry Best Parrish

thanks Linda

communication from Desoto thru your efforts is improved, and appreciated!

Things are just warming up for us…

I’m hoping for big things from Desoto Speedway, and so far I’ve seen some big improvements. And last night was good. But I have 2 concerns.

1. We got there early, must have been around 6, and we sat in total silence until the opening notes of the Star Spangled Banner came over the speakers. Total silence, not any lame music, nothing at all. Never had that happen at any race track. We all kept ourselves entertained by looking out over the back of the grandstands watching the drag cars. Their PA system was working perfectly. Can’t leave fans in total silence all that time guys.
  2. I noticed 2 pace cars in the parade lap during the National Anthem, yet there was no pace car at all for the heat races. Now i don’t think pace cars serve much purpose except to show off the official car dealer sponsor, but it was a little strange not seeing one at all to pace the races.

The racing was good.

I went to the races last night.

I really did.

And…they were good.

The car counts weren’t great but the ones that were there put on a pretty good show. I got to see several old friends and had fun catching up. Met some new folks, too.

I guess I could write a bunch of paragraphs about stuff I saw…both good and bad…but it’s pretty plain to see it’s a work in progress out there right now. Most people I talked to seemed pretty positive about the tracks direction and the job management is doing. I really hope they can get her brought back to her glory.

Wanna say congrats to the Best Boys, Dustin Nelson on his great finish, Jess and her pink beast and to also to Nick Hernandez. I don’t know him but he’s from Palmetto and he was flat drivin’ the wheels off his hot rod last night. Had he not got done dirty and wheeled into the wall that would of been his race to win. Rolled the topside TWICE to take the lead. Great job and better luck next time, young man.

Okay, I will have to say one thing.

Since I got there late and was walking in from the parking lot while the pace lap was going on…that had to be one of the WORST renditions of our country’s anthem I think I’ve ever heard. PLEASE Rick…PLEASE…I’ve never been in the service but if I had been I believe I would have had to storm the pressbox, rip out that DVD or tape or whatever the hell was making that God-awful sound and flush it down the toilet with the rest of the crap just for the lack of respect it shows for our country. WHY do people feel like they have to maim this song and attempt to put their own special “stamp of destruction” on it? So please Rick…if it’s at all in your power…PLEASE reconsider ever using that again.
Sometimes plain and simple can be a GREAT thing, my friend.

The little blood vessel on my forehead has stopped bulging now…

From way out in left field, OJ

[QUOTE=Osmosis Jones;142131]
Since I got there late and was walking in from the parking lot while the pace lap was going on…that had to be one of the WORST renditions of our country’s anthem I think I’ve ever heard. PLEASE reconsider ever using that again.
OJ[/QUOTE]

Pet peeve… a re-done of our National Anthem…it was done correctly the first time and should not be changed “What-so-ever”… and people that don’t stand still in respect and/or talk… you see people walking to/from concession stands during the Anthem…young little kids might be expected “IF” they weren’t taught correctly by adults, BUT adults show their stupidity (or inbreeding) by walking during the playing of the Anthem… and yes, I WAS in the Military… my personal thoughts… “Show respect or get the hell out of this country”…at one track I go to… the track “Chaplin” gives his prayer and then stands in the line of track officials and “Talks” to another official during the Anthem… Me thinks I might just go down and talk real loud during his prayer - that ought to get his attention and if he says anything… he better be prepared to what “I have to say”…OSF (USN Ret)

Saturday was the first day of my retirement, so this was the first weekly show I’ve gone too in over seven years! I really enjoyed myself, but even better my wife Frances enjoyed herself also! We will be back!

Looks like a good group of OWM

ONEOFF… Congrats on your retirement… it’s a great life… I wish I had done it sooner…(I was afraid I couldn’t afford it so I kept working…big mistake…) I am in better shape now than I have been in years - money wise - not weight wise…I enjoy sitting on my porch and watch the grass grow (and wait for the next race)… OSF

Thanks OSF, hope to see you at track this year. We’ll be going to all the Florida tracks at least once each this year.

Matt I grabbed the wrong cd for the anthem sorry about that. I got to the track around 6 and turned the music on I will talk to someone about getting it on sooner. We are a work in progress and are taking all suggestions seriously. OSF I understand what your saying, every track I have worked always has someone moving around, talking etc. during the anthem and although it pisses me off what are you going to do? Anyway thank everyone who has suggestions and please come out and check us out we have a lot of great things planned this year!

Thanks osmosis, it was a great night considering that was the first race after completely rebuilding the car in a week. I am really excited to see Desoto back on the mend, I love the track and they sure have a great staff running the show and a pretty dang good announcer too lol

-Dalton Nelson

[QUOTE=Osmosis Jones;142131]I went to the races last night.

I really did.

And…they were good.

The car counts weren’t great but the ones that were there put on a pretty good show. I got to see several old friends and had fun catching up. Met some new folks, too.

I guess I could write a bunch of paragraphs about stuff I saw…both good and bad…but it’s pretty plain to see it’s a work in progress out there right now. Most people I talked to seemed pretty positive about the tracks direction and the job management is doing. I really hope they can get her brought back to her glory.

Wanna say congrats to the Best Boys, Dustin Nelson on his great finish, Jess and her pink beast and to also to Nick Hernandez. I don’t know him but he’s from Palmetto and he was flat drivin’ the wheels off his hot rod last night. Had he not got done dirty and wheeled into the wall that would of been his race to win. Rolled the topside TWICE to take the lead. Great job and better luck next time, young man.

Okay, I will have to say one thing.

Since I got there late and was walking in from the parking lot while the pace lap was going on…that had to be one of the WORST renditions of our country’s anthem I think I’ve ever heard. PLEASE Rick…PLEASE…I’ve never been in the service but if I had been I believe I would have had to storm the pressbox, rip out that DVD or tape or whatever the hell was making that God-awful sound and flush it down the toilet with the rest of the crap just for the lack of respect it shows for our country. WHY do people feel like they have to maim this song and attempt to put their own special “stamp of destruction” on it? So please Rick…if it’s at all in your power…PLEASE reconsider ever using that again.

The little blood vessel on my forehead has stopped bulging now…

From way out in left field, OJ[/QUOTE]

I kinda like the Jimmy Hendrix version. Any chance of getting that one on the PA?