OWM Racers

[SIZE=“4”]In an effort to work together with other tracks the FL United Promoters Series OWM 50 lap race scheduled for this Sat. 3/22 at Auburndale will be move to Sat. April 19th and added with the sportsman & Pro-Trucks.
We encourage all of our FUPS OWM Teams to support Showtime Speedway this Sat. with the running of the FL State OWM Championship, good luck to all the competitors.[/SIZE]

It’s great to see cooperation, but even better would be cross-promotion. I hope Showtime encourages their racers to support your show, as you’ve done for them.

When one hand washes the other, many times you’re BOTH better off.

Yes it is nice for track to work together if we all work together but now all this has done is put a race on top of Citrus County Speedway OWM Race on 4/19/14.

Yes it is nice for track to work together if we all work together but now all this has done is put a race on top of Citrus County Speedway OWM Race on 4/19/14. All Promoters need to start talking to each other better so this does not happen. Just my Thoughts

oh for the good old days, when racers supported their local tracks and there was no series. there were no promoters worried or complaining about someone taking the car count away. the track stars shown up every week for the fans to see.

I can’t recall any time in my life there wasn’t some type of Series for a least a few different divisions.

Gary, you excluded the FUPS from your track at the end of last year over enforcing the rules in accordance with the rule book…something you seem to have a problem doing at your own track, and now you want to complain about them scheduling a race that doesn’t coincide with your local event?

There goes the chump car guy again !

The chump car guy is bashing again?.what a surprise?.amazing !

I asked a simple question that warranted an educated response…obviously your reading comprehension skills are in desperate need of some work, along with MANY other things. At no point did I bash anyone…your "Chumpcar guy " comment is funny, the reason this former track champion, along with several others have left and went to other tracks or venues is a direct result of you and Gary’s actions.

I have another question for ya…is it common practice for a promoter to DQ a car for rough driving NINE DAYS after the race? Black flagged, get off the track, no points, no money. This is what the rule states.

4 b. Incidents during race event:
Anyone retaliating against another competitor by deliberately crashing or ramming will be black flagged and disqualified for the night. No points and no money for the night. Depending on the severity of the incident (you could receive other fines, suspensions or permanently banned from competing at any race event.) and a $500 fine

If the incident was bad enough to warrant a suspension, loss of points, fines, etc, it should have been handled on the spot correct?

Really

You were already gone, I tried to talk to you but you made it clear where you stood, and it is funny you say many have left as a direct result of Gary and I’s actions ?
The many you mention, mostly did not want change. You all really never gave a fair chance and what has been done that is so bad ? Gary has raised purses, cut some costs, repaired a bunch of issues and is trying to keep the speedway running and make it better. Don’t know what not going by rules you are talking about, I only got to work the opening two weeks before my health issues, but there was some positives and some things to work on. The tech has enforced rules, I was not there for the incident your talking about but I know that Gary did not see the incident and was trying to be sure what happened and still took care of it, there is no set time for making the ruling, but you need something to complain about so you did I guess.
You are one of those people who are never satisfied and will I am sure find something to complain about wherever you are. Really is kind of sad and I am sure would make a great reality show.

Oh and

By the way when we did have a conversation, you told me many people left because of the actions of Critter and the others. Seems no one pleases you as I said??common denominator is Chump car guy hmmmm ?

[QUOTE=Rick B.;142855]You were already gone, I tried to talk to you but you made it clear where you stood, and it is funny you say many have left as a direct result of Gary and I’s actions ?
The many you mention, mostly did not want change. You all really never gave a fair chance and what has been done that is so bad ? Gary has raised purses, cut some costs, repaired a bunch of issues and is trying to keep the speedway running and make it better. Don’t know what not going by rules you are talking about, I only got to work the opening two weeks before my health issues, but there was some positives and some things to work on. The tech has enforced rules, I was not there for the incident your talking about but I know that Gary did not see the incident and was trying to be sure what happened and still took care of it, there is no set time for making the ruling, but you need something to complain about so you did I guess.
You are one of those people who are never satisfied and will I am sure find something to complain about wherever you are. Really is kind of sad and I am sure would make a great reality show.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA! We didn’t want a change for the worse! That’s what we got.

Oh and

You and your buddy have ran more people off than are currently racing. Its a shame too because everyone was willing to support you guys until the lies, goofy bumper rules and a whole slew of other things came about. Its looking like a Charlotte County Speedway deja vue. Critter and his staff had some flaws, but possessed something you guys have failed to show…common sense. Another question for ya “while you were there”…explain to me why you guys told everyone Travis Nichols “got a new job and quit” but you fired him? I personally spoke with Travis after this took place and he was wondering where that job might be. I personally wasn’t friends with Travis, but the point is why did you lie to everyone about it?

A great idea for your reality show could be based on the drunken incident with the palm tree and Gary now staying in the Cousin Eddie look a like camper at the track…NOW THAT WOULD BE COMPELLING.