Indy 20144

No I am not a Busch fan(other than those canned or bottled)but I will give the devil his due. He is talented and I assume won rookie of the race with his sixth place finish. Once again the INDY cars put on an outstanding race with really very little separation throughout the field. Charlotte will likely many fewer cars on the lead lap and I doubt a final 10 laps anything close to what we saw today. The sad part about this diatribe is I am really much more of a stock car fan than INDY or F1. I just wish NASCAR could design their car package and tracks to produce the level of excitement we saw today. Along those same lines I pull for the Cubs as well.

Started out the morning with the Monaco F1. The winning car was already a lock, but the driver who won was a mild surprise. No battle at all for the lead really, but some very wild racing back in the pack.

Then the Indy 500. There’s no race anywhere that rivals it. And this years race had plenty of passing and a lot of drama. Don’t often see that race go for almost 3/4 distance without any caution flags. Kurt did a fine job of driving around and through several crashes and never put a foot wrong all day. He deserved a good finish and got one. One heck of a 6 lap race to the checker.

Now to top off the evening with NASCAR. Don’t worry about seeing an exciting last 10 laps from Charlotte. NASCAR can’t manage to put on a race without a phony caution flag and a green/white/checker.

[QUOTE=Matt Albee;145335]Started out the morning with the Monaco F1. The winning car was already a lock, but the driver who won was a mild surprise. No battle at all for the lead really, but some very wild racing back in the pack.

Then the Indy 500. There’s no race anywhere that rivals it. And this years race had plenty of passing and a lot of drama. Don’t often see that race go for almost 3/4 distance without any caution flags. Kurt did a fine job of driving around and through several crashes and never put a foot wrong all day. He deserved a good finish and got one. One heck of a 6 lap race to the checker.

Now to top off the evening with NASCAR. Don’t worry about seeing an exciting last 10 laps from Charlotte. NASCAR can’t manage to put on a race without a phony caution flag and a green/white/checker.[/QUOTE]

Just think, if we didn’t know the bogus caution was coming we would all be asleep or watching womens softball on ESPN.