More Sad News for the TBARA

We lost two other members of the Florida Sprint Car family over the weekend…

Doris Brazil, widow of the late Larry Brazil passed away this weekend…

Also, one of my good friends in racing, Harry Campbell, passed on this weekend… Harry was a master car builder and mechanic and his drivers were a who’s who of Florida racing legends… My condolences go out to the entire Campbell family… His blue & yellow #11’s will be forever etched in the memory of long-time Florida race fans…

A few photos of Harry over the years:

1. At left holding trophy with Dave Scarbrough after a win at Golden Gate around 1970 (another racing Legend, Pancho Alvarez is at right)… Scarbrough won tons of races in Harry’s cars…
  2. With the late Jimmy Haynes at St. Pete
  3. I love this shot of Harry and Jan Opperman at Golden Gate. Jan drove Harry’s car to victory that day in a 100-lapper, the only race Jan won on pavement in a Sprint Car…

Thanks for the memories Harry…

Dave Scarbrough .jpg

Jimmy Haynes.jpg

See the memorial page…you missed one…

On Behalf of the Campbell Family, in Lieu of Flowers, the Campbell Family would appreciate donations as Harry had no insurance and Sally has a lot of expenses with cremation and small service. You can contact Linda Campbell Crisp through Facebook for details on how to get donations to Sally.

Here is one of the last photos taken of Harry…

10390355_700020646702631_6603227104086502307_n.jpg

now noted!

Sorry to here that what great people for the sport. My condolences John & Camille Sarppraicone

Dave it’s a shrinking population of Real Racers. Not long before they are extinct. All we have now are rich spoiled kids.

Obituary from the local paper…

All we have now are rich spoiled kids

Sorry Dave, I’m not buying it. Sure it is a different world in racing, but don’t try to tell me that these examples, right from our home track of Speedworld, and not good racers, or they have had it handed to them: William Hindman, Zach Curtis, Becca Monopoli, Matt Jarrett, Michael Held, Brandon Christian, Donovan Ponder, Jeff Cuddy, etc…

Harry was much different than all the racers I have known.
For many years he kept track of the sprint races that he lost. It was easer that way.
He took sprint drivers all over the world and kicked ass and took names.
He was the man to beat here in florida and allover the us.
After the 500 every year they would reright the rules to make Harrys cars wrong and he would show up with something new and kick there ass
I was proud to have been his friend.
Got to see him a few years ago.
Someone post all the champinships and big races his cars won (Dave) he won so that the people that don’t know what he had done will see what we have lost .
One of a kind.

don62

I was reffering to higher levels of racing.