10 300
    field 300

Support classes

Street Stock 600 to win
Mini Stock 400 to win
Kids Fast 4
Enduro
Mini Stock Figure 8

and of the course the every exciting Super Late Models featuring 50 laps of edge of your seat, breath taking action. Only at Showtime Speedway where the action is the attraction.

$15.00 Genereal Admission
Kids 12 and under Free with a Paying adult, each additional child is 5.00
Pit Passes 30.00
NO Pit Slab Fee’s ever at Showtime Speedway.

Pits open at 3pm
Practice at 4pm
Group Qualifying for Late Models tentative at 6:30
Racing at 7pm

Late Models

Looks like a great of racing, Who all is going to make it

Just curious, how are you going to attract a fan if you aren’t sure who’s competing? Where is the “star power” to make it a show? People watch their favorites, rivalries and even the occasional underdog…

You promote the payoff, what about the race action? Just some food for thought.

Jake Perkins will be there.

What Star Power??? There are no stars racing in Florida…or short track racing anywhere…first we wanted a better purse, provided…better car count for better purse…should be…now you want “star power” …they can’t make people come and race…

Robert Hart raised purses a couple of years ago and less cars showed up…

A lot of racers and fans alike, do not have the discretionary funds to race or attend races week after week…it is just a fact.

Give me a list of the “stars” you are referring to…I am curious

I am not saying that Kyle Busch should show up, I mean a promoter should be creating his own “local” stars that folks will come and watch like Cope/Pletcher or Lasker vs. the world…These are stars that were created from local ST racing. There are probably a bunch of good stories about today’s Super Late Models to be told…who tells them to the fans and builds, to get the fan to buy a ticket and watch.
The term is promoter right?

This little advertisement doesn’t talk about the racing, just money. No argument here just promotion 101.

Star Power is home grown.

[QUOTE=fred23;145838]What Star Power??? There are no stars racing in Florida…or short track racing anywhere…first we wanted a better purse, provided…better car count for better purse…should be…now you want “star power” …they can’t make people come and race…

Robert Hart raised purses a couple of years ago and less cars showed up…

A lot of racers and fans alike, do not have the discretionary funds to race or attend races week after week…it is just a fact.

Give me a list of the “stars” you are referring to…I am curious[/QUOTE]

I’ve read the " Robert Hart raised purses yet nothing improved " thing many times. I have no idea how big his increase was, but it would have to be at least 50% across the board to even come close. If it wasn’t that much or more, then i don’t imagine it did change the car count.

Gary Balough vs Yoho in a cage match.

Dickie Anderson will be referee-n…

Seriously, anybody know if Wayne Anderson is coming?

Jeff Scofield (after Auburndale, he is kind of famous)?

Albee… In most divisions, the purse was doubled. And as Pletka said, the counts either stayed the same or even dropped. And this is FACT… Not opinion.

Promotion 101

[QUOTE=Groundpounder;145841]I am not saying that Kyle Busch should show up, I mean a promoter should be creating his own “local” stars that folks will come and watch like Cope/Pletcher or Lasker vs. the world…These are stars that were created from local ST racing. There are probably a bunch of good stories about today’s Super Late Models to be told…who tells them to the fans and builds, to get the fan to buy a ticket and watch.
The term is promoter right?

This little advertisement doesn’t talk about the racing, just money. No argument here just promotion 101.

Star Power is home grown.[/QUOTE]

This is just me speaking and NOTHING to do with Showtime Speedway.

thanks for you imput, but I think i know a little about promoting. Since the days I owned my own series(SARA) (which I and alot of drivers still feel was one of the best) I have never put out an entry list, nothing against racecar drivers but i learned a long time ago that they are coming to your event when they pull thru the gate. Things happen, commitments change and about the time I say ABC driver is coming and dont show then your right back on here accusing me of false advertising.

Yes i personally talked to some of the drivers, left voice mail and sent message and have an idea of who will be there. This whole post was meant to attract the one’s that have not ran at Showtime this season or we didnt have proper paper work on.

BTW it worked it got your attention.

Pounder, I get what you are saying…one of the problems is drivers don’t stick around anymore…most “star” drivers moved up through the ranks at a track or two for a few years and WON races before getting in a mod or LM…now they start kids in Supers and let them have at it…plus the newbies want to be in cup in 3 or 4 years…so Mom and Dad pay through the nose for a few years, figure out they need more money to play the game at the big boy level and bail out and don’t return to the local track to race for 15 -20 yrs…No more David Rogers, Dickie, Wayne, Leroy, even Scofields, Symons Russels, etc…look at all the young “stars” that have come and gone in the last 10-12 yrs…Choquette, Russell, BJ, Sergi(?) Jason Boyd etc…Naasse is barely around locally…

Different era, different culture in racing and different agenda’s for the kids, they don’t race to race , they race to be in cup.

Such a difference between dirt & asphalt on this…

Look back 10, or even 20 years ago at results from Florida speedways. Many of the top racers on dirt are still out there hammering it out… for the love of racing, not the DREAM of being picked up by a Cup team.

Look back just 5 years in asphalt racing, and most names you see youll be asking yourself ‘whatever happened to that guy’.

For every single ‘David Rogers’ on asphalt, there are 15 ‘Buzzie Reutimanns’ on dirt.

That’s a decent payout!

Payout

Thanks Lurkin.

That was the whole point to this post was to let the DRIVERS know about the purse and the event so they could make plans to attend. And it has worked by some post saying they are coming.

Thanks to Jake Perkins and His team for committing to attend.

I understand the Mr Hart increased the purses and it didn’t help, for whatever reason. However I have to wonder if, somehow, a long term commitment (years) to purses like that were made would the class (any class) grow to proportions that would put fans back in the bleachers based on solely having a great show again. Might racers dust them off, or old racers get back into it, or new racers drop their dough to give it a go solely based on money if they KNEW it would be there long term?

NOT trying to take away from this great payout, because it is, and racers should be thankful. But it seems like throwing money at the purse is only a part of the solution ie the Sprints. Racers want to know that there is stability and fairness, unity and all the other things that make racing fun, as well as affordable, which is what TBARA is supposed to provide to their racers.

You hit the nail on the head, Lurkin. A good purse is just one piece of the puzzle for me. Being treated fairly and with respect, adequate rules enforcement, not creating/promoting/condoning a wreckfest atmosphere and acting like your glad to have me there are things that are equally or more important to me as to where I choose to race. Fortunately, there are still some good choices for that type of racing environment around here.

Very true

And I would add to that, this payout may be decent, but the truth is, the only guy who will not loose money, is the winner. If the purse was double, that would be a great purse.

I’m a-goin’ !!

Getting ready for the 2 hour + trip.

The showtime track itself promotes close racing (yeah, let’s call it “close”), and the money is there, and the track calls and clean up are both done quickly.

I anticipate a good show!

[QUOTE=Frasson118;145862]Such a difference between dirt & asphalt on this…

Look back 10, or even 20 years ago at results from Florida speedways. Many of the top racers on dirt are still out there hammering it out… for the love of racing, not the DREAM of being picked up by a Cup team.

Look back just 5 years in asphalt racing, and most names you see youll be asking yourself ‘whatever happened to that guy’.

For every single ‘David Rogers’ on asphalt, there are 15 ‘Buzzie Reutimanns’ on dirt.[/QUOTE]

Volusia speedway is $5000 for 67 lap Lm race tonight, they pay $3000 for 50 lap races all year.