New Smyrna Speedway 6/21/14

[QUOTE=Phil Jacques;146645]

As long as I have been involved in racing, building race cars, driving race cars etc be it Oval, Karts, Drag Cars and Road Racing I have NEVER enjoyed more than 30 minutes of down time. You get to this point where you just want to get going. When I am at the track, I am not there to walk around and socialize. I am there to bring home a trophy. !![/QUOTE]

One of your previous post - “What makes it worse for me, is in the 12 years I lived there previously, I never made the attempt to get to the track and meet people down there… So I have no knowledge of any of the racecars down there, only what I know from the three CT tracks.”

12 years and never went to a track ? Damn son, were you in your bedroom playing x-box all that time ?

Seriously, hope you get to the track more when you return. Good luck and safe travels. Don’t forget your sunscreen. LOL !

But you once changed an engine in an hour, started dead last and worked your way up to 4th in a 20 car field. That’s either serious chest puffing or some serious racing skills. We will see won’t we son. LOL !

Um…Dudes (and I use that term loosely)…we are all on the same team.

No one is pro soccer here.

:waffen093::auto003: <<cannot be a good tang

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;146652]One of your previous post - “What makes it worse for me, is in the 12 years I lived there previously, I never made the attempt to get to the track and meet people down there… So I have no knowledge of any of the racecars down there, only what I know from the three CT tracks.”

12 years and never went to a track ? Damn son, were you in your bedroom playing x-box all that time ?

Seriously, hope you get to the track more when you return. Good luck and safe travels. Don’t forget your sunscreen. LOL ![/QUOTE]

You funny guy :ernaehrung004: Honestly, no I never made it to the pit areas to meet people down there. I only ever attended races from the stands at OSW and NSS a few times. Spent a lot of time at the Drag Strips and Road Courses. That was the big thing to do and got into it through guys at the shop I worked at and that’s what I started racing. It is what it is. I’ll admit I am not as well versed on the cars down there as I am the ones here, I have studied the rules down there, talked to many drivers from here and other places I have found and gained a good bit of knowledge over a short time on what you guys all run. I am building a Sportsman to race at NSS/OSW right now in addition to my Street Stock I run here which will be converted to a 80s monte bodied Sportsman as a secondary car for another driver or backup.

I’m not afraid to admit I don’t have 20 years in the sport. But that doesn’t make me any better or worse than you. We stated opinions and you saw it fit to insult us and jump down our throats. What kind of response were you really expecting? lol

Your point? I do believe I mentioned I got lucky. Definitely did. Won’t deny it! Why don’t you go crawl back under your rock and have a nice day. We obviously didn’t miss you here superhero.

Looks like the NSS management has been watching… check out the schedule for this week:

PIT GATE / TECH / FUEL/ REGISTRATION OPEN 4:00
DIVISION PRACTICE 5:00-6:45
DRIVERS MEETING - MANDATORY
NO ENGINES OR GENERATORS RUNNING 7:00
GRANDSTAND GATES OPEN 6:00
PARADE LAP / NATIONAL ANTHEM 7:20
RACING BEGINS 7:30

7:30 PRO LATE MODEL 5 LAP SCUFF SESSION?CARS REMAIN ON PIT ROAD UNTIL RACE?FOR SAFETY REASONS TEAMS CAN WORK ON PIT ROAD PRIOR TO HEAT RACES AND DURING INTERMISSION ONLY.

HEAT RACES:

MINI STOCKS 8 LAPS
E-MODIFIEDS 8 LAPS
SUPER STOCKS 8 LAPS
STRICTLY STOCKS 8 LAPS

INTERMISSION: KIDS/PARENTS TIRE RACE

FEATURE RACES:

MINI STOCKS 25 LAPS
E-MODIFIEDS 25 LAPS
PRO LATE MODELS 25 LAPS
SUPER STOCKS 25 LAPS
STRICTLY STOCKS 20 LAPS

Also note the addition of heat races for 4 of the classes… More racing for your $15 and a chance for Mr. Higginbotham to break something on his car much earlier than usual!! LOL

As a side note… I see no race results/stories/pre-race stories have been uploaded to the front page here since East Bay on 5/31… I know there have been a lot of rain outs, but there has been lotsa racing too… Is everybody on vacation?

They were predictable to say the least. LOL !

It was fun pulling your string and watching you spin. Message board entertainment for the masses. LOL !

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;146660]They were predictable to say the least. LOL !

It was fun pulling your string and watching you spin. Message board entertainment for the masses. LOL ![/QUOTE]

I enjoy it! PM me your number, I’ll buy you a beer if I get to a track near you :huepfen024: I do always enjoy meeting new guys haha I hold no grudges. I think we will get along lol Was fun morning debate/entertainment

Glad to see you two kissed and made up! I hate it when two people who’s views I respect go after each other on here. You will find we are all (mostly) civil on here. Unlike other message boards…

Actually I did the schedule before I read any post about it and then I had to laugh because we were all thinking the same thing. Please bear with us because we are trying a few different things over the next several weeks. Also, please Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. We are using our social media for some giveaways and fun things.

I couldn’t keep a straight face long enough to be mad. I was having a blast with it. I don’t have anyone to bicker with here. Everyone is too nice!!! I feel a little out of place sometimes :huh: I like to get people riled up and stir the pot! hahaha

I tried to school the young feller in Internet wisdom, he’s a sharp one but a little sensitive. LOL ! Actually looking forward to meeting him one day here in Florida. It’s all good. There’s really only one person I don’t like on here and one that irritates the heck out of me. Any guesses ?

Nice schedule Kim, you do good things at NSS. Keep up the good work and we will see about increasing your pay. Rather attractive too if you don’t mind me saying so. Not hitting on ya, just a compliment to brighten your day.

Thanks so much! It did brighten my day and make me laugh…you’re not so bad yourself (I can tell by the writing :aetsch013:)

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;146675]I tried to school the young feller in Internet wisdom, he’s a sharp one but a little sensitive. LOL ! Actually looking forward to meeting him one day here in Florida. It’s all good. There’s really only one person I don’t like on here and one that irritates the heck out of me. Any guesses ?

.[/QUOTE]

I think I might have an idea who it is :aktion033:

It’s no big secret that Jerry irritates the snot out of me on the Internet but in real life I’ve enjoyed talking to him. He’s much nicer in person. :ernaehrung004:

The other one is a miserable human being. I don’t won’t to wind up the energizer bunny so I’ll leave it at that. LOL ! :grinser010:

Hmmm… that smells a little fishy right there… :sprachlos020:
-JIM-

[QUOTE=ocalasp76;146683]Hmmm… that smells a little fishy right there… :sprachlos020:
-JIM-[/QUOTE]

That’s a blast from the past, I made peace with Boneman’s #1 fan. On a quiet night , if you stop on I-95 near Edgewater, if you listen towards the east, you can on many nights hear a mans voice grumbling “@&$&@&&%#?? Boneman” off in the distance. Bahahahaha !

Regardless of Jerry’s wish for the sound of engines when he arrives at the track, the sweetest sound I’ve ever heard was at one of my early ventures to a paved track. This was in 1946 and as we parked in the front lot you could here those Offies winding down the front straight just before they’d back off for the turn. That sound and smell castor oil made you want to run for the entrance gate. That led to me not missing single year of race attendance 'til 2013 — 63 years. IMHO, I never heard an engine that topped the sound of those Offies.

Excuse an old man’s ramblings but this thread brought out that old memory. FWIW, the very first race I attended was another midget show (on dirt) in 1938.

Shiloh

Kimmy, keep the heat races. Can always use a heat to see what the car needs and don’t have to worry bout busting butt to get there for 4 oclock practice. Tks. MP