The Train of Death….

[SIZE=“4”][B]OK all you Promoters out there that are experiencing low attendance here?s your chance to get some butts in the stands.

I?ve seen a lot of gimmicks in short-track bull rings to help fill the seats and raise the thrill level but this is a first for me.

I give you;

The Train of Death
[/B][/SIZE]

I thought Death Trains brought hundreds of thousands of illegals to the border, and on to racetracks. Of course they require free admission, free concessions and special treatment. Did I get my stories mixed up?

True story Jim: Hialeah did similar events 20 years ago. “Chain races” featured 2 cars chained back to back. One car pulled for 3 laps while the other backed up, then they changed directions. I teamed up with a friend I raced against, and it turned out to be the craziest and roughest thing I’ve ever done. In fact, it had to be stopped because someone got hurt.

Great fun (not the injury part of course) and the crowd loved them!

[SIZE=“4”][B]

HAHAHAHAHAHA??Nope, you got your story straight but left out one detail. They all had to register with the Democratic Party before they got their free stuff.

[QUOTE=Boneman;148850]True story Jim: Hialeah did similar events 20 years ago. “Chain races” featured 2 cars chained back to back. One car pulled for 3 laps while the other backed up, then they changed directions. I teamed up with a friend I raced against, and it turned out to be the craziest and roughest thing I’ve ever done. In fact, it had to be stopped because someone got hurt.
Great fun (not the injury part of course) and the crowd loved them![/QUOTE]
Yep, apparently I?m the only one on the planet that hasn?t seen these things in one variation or the other by the looks of the comments on my FB page.

Looks like it?s a real crowd pleaser though at this Ontario track where the stands appear to be full.
[/B][/SIZE]

Am kind of concerned in general for anything that involves a current econobox without a cage.

Back in the day, they used Packards for demo derbys.

Almost, you could change the trunklid and it was as good as new afterwards.

Today, not so much…

Sunshine Speedway did this back in the day. 3 cars, if I remember correctly, lead car engine, steering , no brakes, middle car just steering no drive shaft, 3rd car steering and brakes, no drive shaft.

Crash-A-Rama Chain Race

I remember us running races like this called “Chain Races” when I announced for Crash-A-Rama several years back. They were great. Fans really ate them up.