Driver Hurt, Tony Stewart Involved

Apparently there was an altercation, and the “other” driver, Kevin Ward, was walking toward Tony’s sprint car gesturing as Tony lapped the track under caution.

Reports differ, but some say Tony gunned the throttle to kick the car sideways when he was close to Kevin. Unfortunately Kevin was sucked into the tire and then thrown a good distance.

Further, his condition appears to be very grave.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2014-08-10/tony-stewart-sprint-car-hits-driver-fight-incident-trouble-investigation-new-york-watkins-glen-kevin-ward

Two things-- I understand being angry in the car, but this may be something for all to give some serious thought to each Saturday night. The only time that counts is when one is angry.

Second, if you pray, please do so for young Kevin Ward. Thank you.

Video is already on youtube.
It has been confirmed that the driver passed.

Yes. As they say, viewer discretion strongly advised.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Kevin Ward.

And our thoughts and prayers are with Tony Stewart as well.
As i recall, Ricky Brooks can tell you about what happens when you’re standing on the racing surface while cars are circulating.
Let the lawsuits begin.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;149041]Yes. As they say, viewer discretion strongly advised.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Kevin Ward.[/QUOTE]

What would prompt someone to willingly go to youface/booktube and watch someone being injured or killed?

First and foremost my thoughts are with the Ward family. This incident is a sad day for our sport. Regardless of the final outcome it underscores the need to keep ones cool when on the track with the engine running. How many times have we watched NASCAR drivers go on the track to hurl helmets,fingers and expletives at moving vehicles. All it takes is for one to turn toward the person and the person step forward and the same scenario occurs on network TV. There are lessons here for all concerned. It was not a one sided incident.

After watching the video, I would convict his ass. If he has the nerve and if they let him race, terrible . I’d like to see someone interview a witness to the incident, I’ll bet they feel like they witnessed a murder.

Because there’s a good possibility that it will be taken down soon and you may never get to see it again with your own eyes. Soon his camp will start spinning it and then it’ll blow over when the next big thing hits the news, nascar controls most of the nascar media coverage anyway, then he’ll settle out of court and it’ll be forgotten by many. But I’ll always remember what I saw with my own eyes. He gassed it and hit the guy.

Re: Watching the video.

Please do not watch it if you have any thoughts that it may have a lasting effect on you. You cannot un-watch it.

I have been a Tony fan for years.

My opinion? Let the courts decide the details regarding the incident, but in my opinion Tony should be a car and track owner henceforth–after any legal issues are settled.

Who among us has not been upset? It is just a matter of the degree of self control one chooses to have that is directly correlated to the degree of the damage that is done before one regains control.

Video

Looks like the guy was pissed at tony, got out of his car to show his displeasure, when tony was passing him standing there, he gassed it up and hit him. I would venture to say 100% that he’d did not want to kill him! but to just show his anger back.

This out come will be very interesting, here in florida we have several drivers, I am not going to mention any names, that go on there rampages under caution, and have come very close to doing the same thing.

Racing is racing, it it is a dangerous sport, but when the yellow is out, this means caution on the track. Not run around the track revving your engine, ramming cars or swerving at cars. A-dale speedway let’s stuff like this go on every week, sooner then later some is going to get hurt.

Prayers to the family of the racer killed! Vince

The video does not show the actual point of contact. I “think” that’s a different car closer to the camera gassing the throttle as the camera loses the incident unfolding making it appear he gassed it. However, I seriously doubt the guy committed suicide by flinging himself under the tire. My complete and utter guess, because the video is inconclusive, is he thought he was by the guy and was gonna blip the throttle and spray him with mud.

I’ll pass on watching any death videos. But since we ( the general public ) don’t know all of, or even ANY of the facts just yet, i’ll wait and see how it plays out when the facts are known.

[QUOTE=Lurkin;149046]Because there’s a good possibility that it will be taken down soon and you may never get to see it again with your own eyes. Soon his camp will start spinning it and then it’ll blow over when the next big thing hits the news, nascar controls most of the nascar media coverage anyway, then he’ll settle out of court and it’ll be forgotten by many. But I’ll always remember what I saw with my own eyes. He gassed it and hit the guy.[/QUOTE

Oh no, what would we do if a video was taken down? The spinning of the video will come from the army of ambulance chasers already lined up outside the front door of the boys’ parents.
I hope you don’t mind if i don’t just take your word for what happened.

I can’t believe ESPN just showed it on TV and just prefaced it by saying it was “disturbing”. It appeared to be a racing incident with actually no visible contact between the cars. To me it appears Tony didn’t see him until the last second and tried to react quickly, sadly too late. This is so tragic for the Ward family, Tony Stewart and the entire racing community. I can’t imagine the guilt Tony is feeling. Of all the Cup guys, he is the one most closely rooted to short track racing. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Ward family. This is a sad day for all of us.

So so sad, my son races Modifieds and I just can’t even imagine seeing something like that happening to him. To me that wasn’t a racing incident, the head strong Stewart was trying to show everyone he is above everyone else and was going to show the young man who was the boss. Well now Mr. tough guy killed a person and the next terrible thing that will happen is all his money will talk and he will get away with murder. Maybe not life but at least20 years for killing a man

judge

at least 2 people need to stand back and look at there own lives . have you ever screwed up ,you don’t know what happened . rush to judgement ’ dumb ass’s

It’s all about having one’s own heart in the right place.

Understanding (the biggest step), then forgiveness.

Well I guess you have no value to a life, calling me a dumb ass, shows what kind of person you are and your feelings towards your fellow man. Think about if that young man was your family or even close friend, you would still be calling me a dumb ass, wow I kind of feel bad for you.

I watched it a few times and it looks like Stewart’s tires are turned to the right. He may have swerved at the kid to try and scare him. Only Stewart knows for sure. AND will have to live with it for the rest of his life.
The kid must have thought that Stewart stuffed him in the wall but it looks like he should have lifted when he was running out of race track. I’m sure Stewart didn’t know he was there. What an awful tragedy.

It looks like too me maybe the kid ran up to tonys car and maybe he got to close to tonys right front tire and got tangle up with it and tonys car jerk to the right and he was ran over the rest of the way thats what it look like to me. and if you notice tony stop just up the track.