Citus Race Results 8/9/14

I will thank them, Don!

Everyone that is in this sport is in it for the love of the sport, and it is a hot sweaty Saturday night for the officials, and either they are being fussed at or someone is trying to get over on them.

Alas, we are only human (officials & racers), and therin lies the problem…

Early on, in a writing class, I learned the “3 Cs”, perhaps they apply here:

Be Clear, be Concise, and be Consistent.

I bet people wouldn’t complain if it was FAIR tech… If you are going to tech 3 cars as they seem to have, tech all of them equally. End of discussion. The way it sounds, is one driver was singled out over the others. Nothing fair about that. If one has to pull heads, all 3 have to pull heads. If you refuse tech, no money, no points, no trophy but have to stay consistent and fair.

It dosent work that way
I have told the teq crew many times to take a head of the first place car and the intake only of the 2nd and check the cam on the 3rd witch is fair in my opinion.
If I make that call before the race is run its fair.
the car that made the most did work harder than the rest.
If that desison is made after the race then it might not be a good idea.
in any case you will get either good bad or no teq and the 3rd is not what u want.

don62

They have totally lost it up there. Gary and his regime lack the intelligence to pour piss out of a boot with instructions written on the heel. I would have told them to f’off too. 2017 is just around the corner and when the track comes up for bid again we will get a new promoter. Until then, I am out of racing and will be floating my new boat :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dora Thorne;149413]First I would like to Thank everyone that has called, texted, PM’d and hunted me down. It makes me feel good that I have everyone’s support.

I have no problem fulfilling a tech request as long a it’s a worthwhile reason. A pissing contest on a 15 lap race that I was half a lap away from the leader before his motor blew, I think not… 2 of the 4 cars were mine, my regular SS Camaro and the other was my center seat figure 8 car that I was letting one of my “young grasshoppers” get some seat time and to help the class.

One of my competitors had won 12 features this season before they made him pull his heads. This was my second feature win of the season…
It was all pre arranged before the start of the race and I’m fully convinced this would have happened if I placed 1-3.

Not to worry, I will continue racing. just somewhere else.

Thanks for everyone’s support.[/QUOTE]

Good for you Dora! You and the other two that you pal around with are the only reason there is a class up there. You guys should all take your stuff elsewhere until the moron is gone.

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;149490]It dosent work that way
I have told the teq crew many times to take a head of the first place car and the intake only of the 2nd and check the cam on the 3rd witch is fair in my opinion.
If I make that call before the race is run its fair.
the car that made the most did work harder than the rest.
If that desison is made after the race then it might not be a good idea.
in any case you will get either good bad or no teq and the 3rd is not what u want.

don62[/QUOTE]

Actually if you go to about any track from California to Maine, that’s how Tech works… At least with an intelligent tech director at the helm.

Look at it this way… If you tech P1 and say pull heads, and find his heads are illegal… Then P2 takes the win… But what if he had illegal heads also?

Up here, top 5 to tech, everyone tech’s the same thing. This past week, they pulled transmissions AND rear ends APART. guys were loading their cars with floor jacks… Guess what, it’s called fairness of competition. Everyone should be treated equally therefore teched equally. I am sure Scott Garrity can not only back me up but agree 100%.

If you get guys feeling singled out for having a more expensive tech item than the other, they are more likely to say F U even if they know they are legal. As racers, we all want equal and fair treatment by tracks. END OF STORY.

Oh and one other thing… NO ONE should ever know before the race what tech is… That makes it even MORE unfair… Guys who know they have illegal parts, may chose to have a “bad night” and run 4th or wherever they can run to avoid the tech item they know is illegal… It’s not rocket science guy…

Sorry for the duplicate posts. tried for over 3 days to post a response and I guess they all went through at the same time. Don’t know what happened there with that but was getting frustrated. I even tried to delete a couple after the fact but am unable to, don’t know why…

I have no problem with the track tech’ing cars and had it been for something valid (like a regular lap race, not 15 lap race and if I’d been waxing some A$$, not 1/2 a lap the behind leader before he blows up with 2 to go) I would have pulled the head no problem.
This was no more than a pissing contest that was allowed to be done for no more than to throw their weight around “like the big men they are”. Mainly because I called techman out to be a liar with everyone in the same room.
(He was pitting one SS driver against another).
Perfect example, 12 feature wins for one car, pull the head, 2 feature wins on the other car (my car), pull the head. Really??? Sad thing is, there were only 4 SS cars total, now there’s 2. One of the main problems are, this promoter has SS racing just about every weekend without breaks, too much for these motors. About 40 races a season. We have all tried to explain that but may as well talk to the wall.

You never know, now that the promoter has changed the rules once again 2/3 through season to totally destroy and mutilate the class. (Now you can run World product heads), you may get 4 cars and the ones that have been supporting the division get screwed… That’s about right…

Good Luck to anyone that wants to try their hand at the 3 ring Circus…

I was just told last Saturday at Auburndale that the Citrus Techman ran off a couple of SS racers from Auburndale that were coming up to race with us, (they used to race against him in mini stocks years ago and would beat him regularly).
I got the Citrus promoter to publically allow/invite (on CCS FB page) Auburndale SS cars up to race under their rules and behind the promoters back the Techman texted them and basically told them that he was the “Techman” there now and good luck with that. (Promoter invited Showtime cars with their rules as well).
They told me they weren’t about to come up there and felt unwelcome by the texts from him so they figured why load up, drive that far to be bent over… I don’t blame them, but I was looking forward to having more than 3 or 4 cars to race against at Citrus… I race against them at A-Dale and like their competition… Sad, Sad, Sad…
I also feel The “Techman” shouldn’t have cars running at a track he works at. There’s quite a few divisions I heard. Hornets, Mini Stock, Sportsman and I believe another class if I’m not mistaken… Can you say Conflict of interest??? But, that’s not my fight… Just thought it was quite interesting…

I will continue to race my SS, just not there.

Once again, Thanks for everyone’s support…

Dora Thorne
SS #48 “Twisted Sister”

That’s funny, increase car count…and a wonderful theory.
Situs, oh I mean Citrus I guess…in the news again for the wrong reasons.

Yes Nathan, I know the only reason there was a Street Stock class up there was because of the 8, 16 & 48. We have been faithful to the track that we loved. It’s not the same track anymore, It’s a 3 ring Circus.

Us 3 have raced together since the beginning of the season and we enjoyed racing each other. We have helped each other out… We race each other hard but loved every minute of it.

Just my opinion as a female but, (no offense) MEN are incapable of sticking together for a common goal. I for one, say what I mean and mean what I say…

He will be gone in time, You can’t borrow from Peter to pay Paul without having to pay the piper in the end…
Ask Mike Reed, Hoosier tire and several other vendors…
It’s pretty bad when you get paid in 1’s, 5’s and 10’s…

Lets go racin’ boys…

Twisted Sister SS #48

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;149469]Key word…[SIZE=“4”]They complain[/SIZE]
And most don’t even have a dog in the race…

Try thanking the officals for trying to do there job.
Know that wont happen on here…lol

don62[/QUOTE]

I agree if the JOB is done without prejudice…

prejudice ?
is that when they treat the people that don’t cuss them out every week and talk trash on here about them better than the ones that do? They are not perfect but I said [SIZE=“4”]TRY[/SIZE]

don62

No, that means treating everyone the same REGARDLESS of how they feel about you or your racetrack. Or in my case, treating me like the Gainey’s were treated at Ellisville! LMAO!!

I did treat them good.
but I didn’t treat you bad.
I dint think you came much when I was there. I do rember you on here a lot .
And I did like you but my brother un law Wayne didn’t. Well there were some that in didn’t care for but never treaded them any different.

If there was anyone that I picked on it was Jason Boyd but I told him so.
If I didn’t tell you I was doing it then you dreamed it in your own mind.
Most of the people that talk that stuff I don’t even know.
This post will give them a good chance to bash now. lol
RSB ill buy you a hotdog at the track next time I see ya ha ha…

don62