Nascar

I just read in USA today that NASCAR is giving some consideration for heat races. I see this as a huge step forward towards making the shows much more fan and viewer friendly. I can see where heat races at Bristol, Martinsville and Richmond especially if they are racing for starting positions in the feature would be highly entertaining. I would like to see a consy and a much shorter feature. The Eldora truck race has shown it is entertaining and can be done. As fan participation at the track and on TV continue downward it is clear something different must at least be attempted. At least it is being thought about.

Imagine what the Matt-Kenseth-is-400-points-ahead-and-is-earning-the-champeenship-and-taking-forever-to-do-it proponents will say!

Sounds good to me. Let 'em race for position in the “Feature”, unless, of course, they want to invert a few of them!

I also have read the Chase will be unchanged for '15 but they are considering going to the '16 rules midway through the season. Huh? I thought they were running restrictor plates, er tapered carb spacers thoughout the '15 season.

Did I get that wrong, or are there more rules changes coming on top of that…?

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;154900]Imagine what the Matt-Kenseth-is-400-points-ahead-and-is-earning-the-champeenship-and-taking-forever-to-do-it proponents will say!

Sounds good to me. Let 'em race for position in the “Feature”, unless, of course, they want to invert a few of them!

I also have read the Chase will be unchanged for '15 but they are considering going to the '16 rules midway through the season. Huh? I thought they were running restrictor plates, er tapered carb spacers thoughout the '15 season.

Did I get that wrong, or are there more rules changes coming on top of that…?[/QUOTE]

I don’t think the sponsors would go with inverting the farther to the front you are the more you show up on TV. I already get a headache trying to follow their strategies. To think of them calculating sandbagging gets to my stomach as well. In a perfect world they would invert the heats or at least flip a coin for variety. At this point I will simply be happy with heats and let it grow from there.