BRP Cancels Thursday Races !!!

Nice drive to Ocala for thurs night’s All Star and UMP Modifieds ended with the cancellation of tonight’s races due to heavy rain the track received last night. Guess it would have taken too much time to ready the track. Just curious as to why they waited so long to cancel. Nice part about the trip was I got to walk around the pits for a bit, seeing several Sprint cars, as well as Mods plus, Tony Stewart, Kenny Wallace and the Schroeder team among others. Now back home and will try to clear the Gumbo from my shoes (lol) Should be a great weekend at BRP as there were plenty of Sprints on hand. Friday, Saturday and Sunday races…See ya at the races !!!

Just not enough sun and heat to dry the track in time for racin’. Didn’t see any sun till the afternoon… :frowning:
-JIM-

I give Bubba credit where credit is due after last years 4 days of rain he got the track raceable. He knows how to work that track.

Have to give credit where credit is due. This track is notorious for being extremely rough when it has too much moisture. It becomes a nightmare for both safety and equipment. Based on track history good call for all concerned.

We can’t wait until Saturday night! The boy and I are heading up there and expect another excellent show. That is a great track for sprints.