Pictures of Billy Gunn's Modifieds

I am looking for any pictures of Billy Gunn’s Modifieds to see if I have one of his old cars. Any help would be appreciated!

Post a picture of it.

I have seen this car and believe it to be an old Billy Gunn car… It has a Joe Harris race cars emblem on the nose and an engine from central Florida Machine & Speed… Also, several Goodyear win stickers from OSW from 2001… The body is black and you can barely make out a #1 on the side that looks similar to the “1” in the 13 Billy used… Does anyone know if Joe Harris has any markings on his chassis to determine when it was built?

Here is a picture of it

modified.JPG

I don’t recognize it. The 2 that I rember were blue and black like this one but the body doesn’t and nerf bars were different. And his had Boyd Engines in them. Do the axle caps on the rear have “Harris” on them? Looks more like a Pletcher or a Cope car. Who/where did you get it from?

I bought it from a fellow in Jacksonville who took it as payment for some work he had done. He said it had been in storage for several years

As far as I remember Billy only had 2 cars. What about the axle caps on the Quick Change hubs? Do they say Harris? The Black car they just run last year at his Memorial race.

Regardless, it looks pretty racy.

From time to time have thought about a modified bodied perimeter chassis with a coupla seats for the street.

Have a full stable of existing problems and virtually no cash, so it will probably never happen.

DD, the axle caps are Winter’s. Whose ever car this was, it looks like it won a bunch of races!

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;155234]Regardless, it looks pretty racy.

From time to time have thought about a modified bodied perimeter chassis with a coupla seats for the street.

Have a full stable of existing problems and virtually no cash, so it will probably never happen.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Old School, I like how it looks, too. Probably the main reason I bought it, lol. It would make a pretty cool rat rod, huh?

Sure, or anything else you like.

Bright orange with ghost flames.

Corvette Nassau blue with no markings…

If it is a Billy Gunn car, a tribute paint job.

Or go with gloss black and red number “112”(!).

It matters not, for very few in the real world would know what the thing was, anyway. Still, it would be cool to rumble into Old Town or the Turkey Rod run in that thing.

Speaking of which, saw an old dirt late model with the cage cut off and an early 60s pickup cab dropped over it. Cool, but more “rat” than “rod”.

Lights in the rear are no prob, lights up front–maybe the small sealed beam camaro gen 4 lights “frenched” into the nose, and a street rod wiper…

Buy a plate and a title from a junkyard that matches the frame and there you are.

It is the offset that would be the hardest to deal with/overcome.