Auburndale 100 Lap Super Late Race

Auburndale
100 Lap Super Late race 3000 to Win
400 to start
May 9 2015
We have had some really good car counts for these races hopefully it will be even better for the rest of them through the year .

Thank you for your support.

Mandatory track tire and track fuel purchase?

a-dale

Albee , where would you buy your fuel and tires for a late model. Dealers have contracts. please let every one know

He doesn’t buy tires and fuel, he is just worried about all us racers…:blink::blink:

Just the racers who can’t afford to spend money they don’t need to. But i guess i should also be concerned about the racers who don’t mind spending money they don’t need to.

Dear God, you are beating a dead horse:anim_pound: If you can’t afford 4 tires for a 100 lap late model race, you probably shouldn’t be in a late model to begin with. These tires late models are on are only good for one race if you want to run up front. And who doesn’t show up at the track to win?

Anywhere i want, not where i’m forced to.

I have 3 sets of brand new tires sitting in the shop… be nice if I could run what I already have vs. buying another set. Also have a 55 gallon drum of fuel. i’d sooner show up if I wasn’t forced to buy things I already have.

U can bring ur tires. But they will be checked and then put in the impound area with everyone else’s. Also I don’t see anywhere where it states you have to buy fuel from the track?

The question about mandatory fuel purchase was brought up in post#2, but no answer yet.

Fuel Purchase Issue

[SIZE=“4”][I][B]Auburndale has never enforced the “Fuel Purchase” for bigger events even when the FUP Series was around. And I know how you like the word FUPS, Matt!
Yes it would be great if all the competitors purchased fuel from the track they were racing at each weekend but, it just ain’t that way anymore. Over the years more and more speed shops, stations, and oil companies have become dealer retail sites for race fuel. The tracks have race fuel there as a convenience for the racer, and they price it accordingly to cover their cost, the cost to pay an employee to stand there & pump it, and yes there is FL Sales Tax on every gallon of Leaded Race Fuel as well. I can assure you and all other readers of the rants over tracks gettin’ rich off of fuel & tire sales, No they aren’t! The fuel is a convenience and the tires kinda work the same, other than impounding tires to guarantee a level playing field, that’s all it really is Matt.
I hope this clears the air for all of you on the fuel purchase issue, I’m not writing this to start a 2-4 page carry on for the next week or so, just wanted you to know, But I Really Think You Do!

Rick Williams
Southern Racing Fuels
877 240-3278[/B][/I][/SIZE]

The idea of mandatory race fuel and tire purchases has been around for a long time. A tire or fuel manufacturer or distributor offers the race track or series a sum of money to be the “official” product. In turn, the manufacturer or distributor gives the track a check every year. Some companies require that the tracks mandate the racers use only their products, and purchase those products from the track. Some companies and tracks do not. The pricing of the tires and the fuel are up to the race tracks.

Mike Croley
Renegade Racing Fuels
386-341-4308

[QUOTE=Rick Williams;158947][SIZE=“4”][I][B]Auburndale has never enforced the “Fuel Purchase” for bigger events even when the FUP Series was around. And I know how you like the word FUPS, Matt!
Yes it would be great if all the competitors purchased fuel from the track they were racing at each weekend but, it just ain’t that way anymore. Over the years more and more speed shops, stations, and oil companies have become dealer retail sites for race fuel. The tracks have race fuel there as a convenience for the racer, and they price it accordingly to cover their cost, the cost to pay an employee to stand there & pump it, and yes there is FL Sales Tax on every gallon of Leaded Race Fuel as well. I can assure you and all other readers of the rants over tracks gettin’ rich off of fuel & tire sales, No they aren’t! The fuel is a convenience and the tires kinda work the same, other than impounding tires to guarantee a level playing field, that’s all it really is Matt.
I hope this clears the air for all of you on the fuel purchase issue, I’m not writing this to start a 2-4 page carry on for the next week or so, just wanted you to know, But I Really Think You Do!

Rick Williams
Southern Racing Fuels
877 240-3278[/B][/I][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

The issue was never tracks getting rich with tires or gas. The issue was tracks forcing racers to purchase products that they don’t need, or can purchase elsewhere. If the tracks sold these items at cost, and they don’t, it still wouldn’t change the fact. But we’ve seen well sponsored racers pipe up and say they have no problem with spending needless money. Also saw a post just recently that said he’d like to be able to just use the new tires and drum of gas he already had.
If the practice of forcing racers to buy things continues, then so be it. I think it’s causing racers to keep their cars on stands, but maybe not. But from some of the responses i’ve gotten, i’d look for some racers refusing, and for at least 2 tracks to stop their required purchases.

First off it would be nice if people that dont race and not working for a track keep their pie hole shut. Modmini55 you are required to purchase a new set of tires and if you want to leave them at the track you can run them the next race but you can not bring your own. No required fuel purchase but most true racers know sunoco puts up good money for races so why not purchase some fuel. Auburndale is on the rise so all you computer jockeys might just want to come watch. Have a nice day.

A lot of tracks in Florida could learn a thing or two about marketing, not to mention racer relations from Ricky.

Seems to me the only people that have a problem with Ricky is the people that talk crap & whine and the cheaters. Keep up the fine work in tech Ricky and continue speaking the truth to the morons while exposing the cheaters. Your leadership is what tracks need ! I know, cough - spit, that’s salty. LOL !

Sodbuster? Lissen, you wanna put that micra-bus in behind that Keyboard Jockey? Yeah, he’s haulin’ dynamite, and he needs all the help he can get.

:ernaehrung004: :waffen093:

Thanks J. I started to think my work wasn’t appreciated here anymore. :cool008:

haha

Convoy… C.W.Mcall

Good song