Newsmyrna Speedway Sportsman 50 lapper

Hope to see all the weekly cars that have been supporting the Sportsman class week in and week out. I also expect to see several of the traveling Sportsman guys to show up for this race. I think there may even be a new car or 2 with some good drivers that will be making there return to the speedway. I expect 25 to 30 cars for this race, and expect this to be the best race of the year at Newsmyrna for the Sportsman cars.

See everybody there.

Patrick Thomas 25

[QUOTE=Patrick Thomas 25;159354] I expect 25 to 30 cars for this race, and expect this to be the best race of the year at Newsmyrna for the Sportsman cars.

See everybody there.

Patrick Thomas 25[/QUOTE]

And yet the average race fan has no idea who any off these drivers are or where they are from or where they stand in points or what they have accomplished in their racing careers or etc,etc,etc…

When are Florida short tracks going to promote their drivers with weekly racing programs with photos,stats,wins,points,history,along with a simple short story on the drivers who support the tracks…The fan & driver disconnect is what is lacking at Florida short tracks,something you don’t see in the north east.

Im ready

I am planning on bringing the #13 machine to try and dethrone Patricks #25, should be an exiting night!

Damn, that may make me drive 2 1/2 hours down there. Now, if Morris would show too…Go P.T.!

[QUOTE=kendo;159356]And yet the average race fan has no idea who any off these drivers are or where they are from or where they stand in points or what they have accomplished in their racing careers or etc,etc,etc…

When are Florida short tracks going to promote their drivers with weekly racing programs with photos,stats,wins,points,history,along with a simple short story on the drivers who support the tracks…The fan & driver disconnect is what is lacking at Florida short tracks,something you don’t see in the north east.[/QUOTE]

NSS doesn’t believe it’s necessary to promote. Or they don’t know how. It’s been that way for a long time. A quick blurb on Karnac is about all they seem to be capable of. And since only a few NSS fans, and zero potential new fans are on Karnac regularly, it’s not a very good marketing strategy.
But thanks to some of the drivers over there, they’re willing to try to promote their own races.

Haven’t heard if Brandon Morris will be there or not, rumor has it he still has a sore hand from his last auburndale race. Hope all the heavy hitters show, and make this the greatest race it can be.

Patrick Thomas 25

“Heavy Hitters”… I see what you did there Patrick :anim_pound:

Load that hot rod of yours up and bring it over also, you need to stretch that crate motors legs a little bit Craig Cuzzone.

Patrick Thomas 25

Dave Westerman does a good job with his weekly article on what happened last week and what’s happening this week. I’m sure he’s doing it on his time and own dime.
Thanks Dave !!! Most of us appreciate it.

I do what I can do with what I have to work with… Thanks again to all the drivers and teams who keep me informed of what is going on so I can post all the “dirt” LOL… I have a new job that limits my time on the computer plus my laptop is down right now due to the fact the power supply blew up… Did not realize those things were so expensive… If anybody has an extra one that will fit about a six year old ACER, let me know…

Dave, I sent you a PM.

As recently as the last time the TBARA raced at New Smryna, they had ads out there for the sprint cars and coverage in the Daytona newspaper.

A few years back they had regular programs, but I think that went by the wayside when the guy that used to post on here (I forget his name) was the announcer and graphics guy left.

I only go there for the special shows these days, but I wouldn’t say they aren’t doing anything to promote themselves.

I like the sounds of this sportsman race, I think I’ll head over.

Wish I could be there tonite. Oughta be one helluva show!:ernaehrung004:

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I was going to be there, but our 2013 Ram Dually with 5000 miles on it decided to have a brake caliper seize, so were stuck on the side of the road for an hour to cool it down and had to limp it home. Big disappointment. Old School, I hope you got my PM.

tough break, Joe.

I can’t believe you didn’t simply drive the modified the rest of the way…:eek:

If I would have been halfway down Tomoka Farms Road, I may have tried it! It actually happened about 12 miles from my house. We contemplated blocking off that caliper, but decided it was not a good idea. What makes me so mad is we got rid on an 2005 Ford F350 with 95000 miles because it left us once in Georgia, and once in North Carolina going to races, so we said to hell with it, let’s get a new truck and not have these problems. So much for that!