Auburndale 50 lap OWM

[QUOTE=openwm53;160052]Since I have a lot of respect for you…When I come home I will come race at A dale and see what they are about…Like I said earlier. I hope you have a great car count and a good race… but my friend I respectfully disagree with you.

can I run 2 race old slicks ??? against the 750 ??? just asking[/QUOTE]

Awesome reply, Doug. Have a safe trip home. Can’t wait to see you run again. You are one talented driver no matter what tire you are on. Nobody who knows anything could ever argue your commitment to the sport. Glad you are going to give the R750 an honest shot. Funny how Critter brings out the best in everyone. It’s not a coincidence. BTW, to a lowly Sportsman driver 10k a year for tires IS big money. Not resentful (maybe a little envious, lol). Speaking of $, by my estimate Rex is forgoing $80 a set on this deal. Hardly chump change. I agree Old School, class move by Rex. Rex has made all the right moves since hiring Mr. Cretty. :ernaehrung004:

Scott

Please don’t tell my wife how much money I spent. She would s*%t.lol.
believe me I gave up a lot to do what I love. And if I had a dollar every hour I spent in the shop…man I could probably race a late model…no disrespect to anyone here.

[QUOTE=openwm53;160056]Please don’t tell my wife how much money I spent. She would s*%t.lol.
believe me I gave up a lot to do what I love. And if I had a dollar every hour I spent in the shop…man I could probably race a late model…no disrespect to anyone here.[/QUOTE]

You’re secret is safe with me Doug. Lol. You get out what you put into this deal. No doubt you work hard. That’s why you have them lines written under your name that you have earned. Next time OWM run with the Sportsman at “Desota” come over and I’ll have an ice cold SUDS waiting for you after the races. It would be my pleasure to meet you. :ernaehrung004:

[QUOTE=openwm53;160051]me and Jefferson…big money lol. Hmmm lets see. first of all let me say this. The classy move is definitely by my friend critter. he knows the issues and he is trying to get cars at the track he is at. And I agree completely that knocking 15 dollars a tire off is a good thing. its also smart. Now as for whoever you are Albee. I have only been out of the country for three months. raced and won before I left and will be racing the first race I get home in June…Actually if my plane came in a little earlier I would be racing the 13 th. And you can bet your sweet ass im passionate about my beloved tire.

I have given this class and Florida racing everything that I could for the last ten years. I don’t hurt racing I support it.

I already spoke about people I race and respect in my post…AKA Herb. And I been told they are good…but herb is good. herb was one of the fastest cars out there on the shit.airplane tires…or maybe his son but they are a team.

And old-school…the only reason im on a key board ( typing ) is I cant reach my steering wheel yet…soon enough.[/QUOTE]

As for who ever i am??? By the way, it’s whomever. Unlike a lot of you guys, i don’t have a cool Smokey and the Bandit style screen name. But i’ll go to work thinking one up if it will make you happy.
If you have to be passionate about something, tires are always a good bet.

Never fear Matt Albee is hear LOL

I’m with Doug on this one, I’ve been around this more then most. We always hear about the next best tire that will save money, last longer etc then we all want the slick back, just stay on what’s working. Nobodies car count will go up because of the tire, it never has. have a good trip home Doug. BATMAN 0

Thanks troy

Cant wait to get home…Scott we will have a couple suds…im passionate about beer too…lol

Well if you’re passionate about beer then you must be having a great time in the Netherlands! Beer is the perfect beverage after racing. Like a good woman it will help you celebrate after a good night or console you after a tough one. I like founding father Ben Franklin’s quote. “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy”.

Look forward to sharing a SUDS with you when our racing paths cross!:ernaehrung004:

lol

lol 10-4 …Actually here working. But yes they have a lot of different beer. This place is amazing. especially for a ole redneck like myself.

Hopefully

A dale has a good turn out and hopefully someone can give me a summary of tonight’s race. One key point. Passing on the outside. Anyone can root you off the bottom. I wanna know if these tires e capable of hanging it outside to pass.

SO…

how many cars…who won…fast time???..great race ??? passing on the outside ??? tires ready to race two more races ??? lol talk to me …

I saw on Facebook that Devin set fast time and won. Don’t know much about it other than that.

Doug…

I set fast-time & with the invert started 5th.

Josh Todd was in Dick’s car and him and I had a heck of a race…side by side for a quite a bit with me on the outside. I passed him at about the half way mark (not on the outside, but entering turn one I was on his RR quarter and crossed over and passed him coming off of turn two) and held him off. My in-car camera video is on youtube: https://youtu.be/474GXYbbTUI (The pass for the lead is around the 6 min. mark)

The tires aren’t bad at all, and really, they didn’t change my car at all. We qualified at a 13.90, which isn’t too far off of the 13.98 I qualified pole with last year when we were there. I’m not sure if the speed stays in them for the duration of the race, but the grip definitely does. There was a time or two when I was behind Josh that I would buzz them off of the corner, and by the next corner they had their grip back.

Overall, they’re not a bad tire at all, we just need all of the tracks to get together and do the same thing. Critter and Rex are definitely making leaps and bounds at Auburndale and it’s noticeable.

Congratulations on the win!

Thank you sir!

Devin,

Nothing more satisfying that besting that car, am thinking.

Once back in the day a team I was working with held him off (he was in a Joe Harris mod) and felt like we won the Daytona 500.

But I will warn you (and you probably already know…), Anderson’s stuff has a way of getting faster.

He came back a week later beat us soundly, and won that (bigger money) race. After the race, our driver said “He was just here last week to find out what it took to beat us”.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;160186]Devin,

Nothing more satisfying that besting that car, am thinking.

Once back in the day a team I was working with held him off (he was in a Joe Harris mod) and felt like we won the Daytona 500.

But I will warn you (and you probably already know…), Anderson’s stuff has a way of getting faster.

He came back a week later beat us soundly, and won that (bigger money) race. After the race, our driver said “He was just here last week to find out what it took to beat us”.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words…but we can’t take all of the credit for my car being as fast as it is…over the last 2 years, Dick has also been helping with my car, and has taught us more then we could’ve ever imagined.

Although the car he owns finished 2nd Saturday night, I’m sure that was the next best scenario for him because it was a 1-2 finish for cars that he has wrenched on.

Got it. A good guy to semi-have in your corner, no doubt.

The 21 team’s driver seems to be doing okay as well…:ernaehrung004:

ps–Any inside word on Dick returning to the track?

Congrats Devin

That’s 3 in a row isn’t it ?

How many cars ?

[QUOTE=openwm53;160196]That’s 3 in a row isn’t it ?

How many cars ?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Oldschool, I appreciate the kind words!

Yes, Doug, it is…things just seem to be going our way so far this year. I’m fortunate.

There were only 11 cars, but it seems across the state there were over 30 or so modifieds racing…(between Auburndale, NSS, and Bronson) and all three tracks run on the new R750.