Pocono

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;160973]

I maintain, and as has been pointed out, that society and social standards have changed from a car-oriented nation, and racing is simply and unavoidably shrinking, Cup the most noticeably (hang on Jacques, hear me out).

.[/QUOTE]

The abundance of V8 powered muscle cars that we all had and graced the streets in the 60-80’s are all parked in the grey haired garages,out of the reach of the younger generations,only to be seen at an occasional car show…Combine that with the sanitization of the sport and the non existence of the blue collar racer type being involved,NASCAR’s best days are in the rear view mirror.

All true, except I believe it was the younger generation that moved away first and the rest followed.

ps–My kid (23) has a 85 Monte Carlo. And no, Scott, it ain’t megaflat black.

Nonetheless, if the purses and venues are 80’s style, along with the racing faithful in the stands at, say, North Wilksboro, the best may be yet to come.

Hey, it could happen.

I have always loved the IMCA style mods, it could be argued that they are better than they were 10 years ago on the west coast.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;161033]All true, except I believe it was the younger generation that moved away first and the rest followed.

ps–My kid (23) has a 85 Monte Carlo. And no, Scott, it ain’t megaflat black.

Nonetheless, if the purses and venues are 80’s style, along with the racing faithful in the stands at, say, North Wilksboro, the best may be yet to come.

Hey, it could happen.

I have always loved the IMCA style mods, it could be argued that they are better than they were 10 years ago on the west coast.[/QUOTE]

How about Metallica flake “Fade to Black”???:aetsch013:

Actually, he has recently had some Garrity-style “issues”, so it is currently maroon. And black. And white.

When he was little he would grab a shopping cart and run up and down the aisles in the grocery stores. I could tell where he was by listening…

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;161045]Actually, he has recently had some Garrity-style “issues”, so it is currently maroon. And black. And white.

When he was little he would grab a shopping cart and run up and down the aisles in the grocery stores. I could tell where he was by listening…[/QUOTE]

Your gonna have to be waaaaay more specific. I gotta lotta issues…:blink:

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet (feel free to use the Phil pronunciation…) metal issues, surprisingly from the windshield forward.