pavement- we are down to 5 tracks

I think the reason why these tracks owners don’t care when the others fail is the flawed thinking that they are becoming bigger fish in a smaller pond. Well guys like me that travel to race and guys like OS who do the same to watch are the exception, not the rule. That pond is drying up and with every track that dies asphalt circle track racing around here becomes less and less relevant. Your product has less value, not more. No one responded to my post. Why is dirt healthy then? Everything is essentially the same except for the surface (good on tires yes, but hard on fans). How come Yoho can start up a dead track and be successful? How could the once horrible Speedbowl rise from the ashes? How did Bubba take a floundering asphalt track from struggling to one of the best dirt tracks in the state (He runs Fri btw)? I share Phil’s frustration because it can be turned around and while not to the same success but not with just money either.

Here is a tip from a Southerner (actually born up north, but never mind that …) to a Northerner.

If you would like to be taken seriously, perhaps consider deleting “Butthurt” from your vocabulary. :dry:

It’s free, it’s a help, we will see if it is adopted. Because, of course, we are all willing to take on new ideas, I am sure.

Scott–My admitted guess–dirt cars, especially the support classes, are cheaper, hence more of them to go around.

And the dirt eating fans are generally hard core race fans.

BTW, I prefer asphalt, but will go to dirt if that is the only choice.

Chuck :ernaehrung004:

Not that I have anything against Phil, I like his passion–and for that matter, most of his suggestions. It is just…neither here nor there.

I have suggested coming down with money, or even sending some down, or bringing down wealthy investors for tracks, but so far all we have is what “we” (and remember, Bobby, that means you, lol) ought to do.

I am no different than you guys Chuck, I have lived in both places and watched it all first hand. You guys bitch and whine and cry that there are no cars and no fans, yet when it’s pointed out what is being done wrong, and ways you can adjust things to fix it, you get all argumentative and tell us you don’t need help that everything is just fine. I would rather own a track in an area where it’s appreciated and the community is like family. That’s not FL.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;161837]Chuck :ernaehrung004:

Not that I have anything against Phil, I like his passion–and for that matter, most of his suggestions. It is just…neither here nor there.

I have suggested coming down with money, or even sending some down, or bringing down wealthy investors for tracks, but so far all we have is what “we” ought to do.[/QUOTE]

All the mentioned fixes cost you NOTHING! It’s called hard work and doing your job. Cooperation is a key factor in our success.

Remember, Bobby, he is addressing you…(and hey, thx for all you do and for reaching out for ideas).

I am not whining. Chuck, you whining?

I am thankful.

Phil, you may have good intentions and think you are trying to help Florida race tracks, but you are coming across to me as bitter and angry toward them, and I believe alienating folks on here and probably at the tracks. JMHO.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;161836]Scott–My admitted guess–dirt cars, especially the support classes, are cheaper, hence more of them to go around.

And the dirt eating fans are generally hard core race fans.

BTW, I prefer asphalt, but will go to dirt if that is the only choice.[/QUOTE]

Yup that’s it. The 83 Monte Carlos miraculously become cheaper on dirt! That’s why we fail and they succeed! Duh. How could I be so dumb? Talked to Bobby Diehl the other day. Despite the prevailing attitude at least HE gets it’s not all about money. While the drain circles at least I have Desoto and NSS to go run. Hopefully they stay afloat until I’m ready to hang up my helmet. I’m out on this topic. Hopefully some track operators see the concerns here in this thread and take it to heart.

You seem to forget that I did not start out bitter and angry :anim_pound:

I’m out too. Do what you want. I’ll send a post card with pictures of racecars when you all forget what they look like.

I think it was FRASSION who said it best,“for every guy running asphalt there are 5 guys running dirt trying to be the next Buzzie Ruetimann”

[QUOTE=Phil Jacques;161844]

I’m out too. Do what you want. I’ll send a post card with pictures of racecars when you all forget what they look like.[/QUOTE]

Do you have 1 from Thunder Mountain,a little track just north of Binghamton NY?

They had 122 cars in the pits Saturday night :blink:

You know what… Hey Scott, let’s build dirt cars… These asphalt guys don’t get it but the dirt guys seem to! :musik010:

[QUOTE=kendo;161846]Do you have 1 from Thunder Mountain,a little track just north of Binghamton NY?

They had 122 cars in the pits Saturday night :blink:[/QUOTE]

Haha You know, I’ve heard a bunch about that place but because of how busy I have been, haven’t gotten to visit anywhere but Fonda, Albany and Lebanon for Dirt Tracks… I’ll have to make it a point to get up there this year.

Joe, you may be right with your above statement. But he didn’t start out like that. I have watched him be driven to that. We can easily turn it into north vs south, but it is really what works and what doesn’t. There are many things from up north that would benefit FL racing. Not everything will work simply bc there isn’t a collective will. But I am sort of with Phil on this one. It’s often like talking to a wall.:anim_pound::anim_pound::anim_pound:

…by who?

I went to a dirt track in the Deep South recently. 4 classes and a car count of 150 or so. They had to race their way into the show. The two tracks in the area (50 miles apart) do not race on the same nights. They alternate Saturday nights. The cars averaged local to 150 miles away.

What was interesting. The track announcer was promoting the following weeks race at the other track which is owned by a different group.

As far as Florida, simply look at the results at the tracks and you will see that very few travel away from home. Is it because of the rules or weekly racing. Would they travel if the closest track was not running that weekend ?

Phil is a Yankee, I get that. However, if you read through countless post, you will see that he makes a few valid points.

Florida sucks
Rules need to be aligned
Tracks need to work together

Everything else is either blowing Scotty or elder abuse. LOL !

Given the choices, I guess I should be thankful for the abuse. :cool008:

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;161851]I went to a dirt track in the Deep South recently. 4 classes and a car count of 150 or so. They had to race their way into the show. The two tracks in the area (50 miles apart) do not race on the same nights. They alternate Saturday nights. The cars averaged local to 150 miles away.

What was interesting. The track announcer was promoting the following weeks race at the other track which is owned by a different group.

As far as Florida, simply look at the results at the tracks and you will see that very few travel away from home. Is it because of the rules or weekly racing. Would they travel if the closest track was not running that weekend ?

Phil is a Yankee, I get that. However, if you read through countless post, you will see that he makes a few valid points.

Florida sucks
Rules need to be aligned
Tracks need to work together

Everything else is either blowing Scotty or elder abuse. LOL ![/QUOTE]

lol I have never once said FL sucks… I love FL more than here honestly… The hard headed we don’t need to change cause everything is working mentality held by many, is what sucks. Because… Nothing there really is working well and things definitely need to change and need help.

As for blowing Scott, I don’t think we should be airing that out in public. But it is what it is lol Sorry Scott!

Often mistaken for the laid back slower pace mentality and way of life that southerners enjoy,and northerners have a hard time adjusting to and coming to grips with…Although maybe not the perfect approach for a successful business model,as we say down here “It is what it is”