Jon compagnone jr

I heard some say he passed away? He was a heck of a modified driver. R.I.P.

Jr is a young man. And he is a heck of a modified driver.

Am hopeful that the rumor is incorrect, & both Jon & his Dad are fine.

Possible Update:

Found this in the “Orlando Slantinel” online:

JOHN COMPAGNONE, 84, Orange City, died Wednesday. Allen-Summerhill Funeral Home, Orange City

Am uncertain, possibly the grandfather.

Condolences to the family regarding his passing as well. :engel016:

Yeah maybe they have it mixed up. I saw it on volusia speedway Facebook last night.

https://www.facebook.com/chrisheaney.samwilliams/posts/444744182353288

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;162171]Jr is a young man. And he is a heck of a modified driver.

Am hopeful that the rumor is incorrect, & both Jon & his Dad are fine.

Possible Update:

Found this in the “Orlando Slantinel” online:

JOHN COMPAGNONE, 84, Orange City, died Wednesday. Allen-Summerhill Funeral Home, Orange City

Am uncertain, possibly the grandfather.

Condolences to the family regarding his passing as well. :engel016:[/QUOTE]
( that is an old obit from 2012)

I too have known the Compagnone’s for a long time. I had not seen Jr. in quite awhile but I see Jon, Sr. all the time… His E-Mod is just sitting since he has no place to race it right now but he has been working with the Jim Daley/Sandy Lee/Sheppard Enterprises team helping out on their fleet of Sportsman cars…

My buddy Joe Linebarier (aka Joe Dirt) posted this awhile ago on Facebook:

Our racing community has lost one of our true heroes. Jon Campagnone Jr. passed away suddenly on Monday. Jon was the 1995 Nascar Winston Racing Series Eastern Seaboard National Champion.
We were all so fortunate to be a part of his family’s racing career in the 1990’s at Volusia County Speedway. Jon’s dad, Jon, Sr. was the fabric that held it all together on and off the track. Some of my son’s earliest memories at the races were of him cheering on the Campagnone’s and being able to go down and have Jon allow him to sit in the modifieds. They were the heroes of many race fans and Jon Jon will be sorely missed.

Man, this is one time I wish I had been right.

I worked with Jon a little back in the day, and in fact have a couple of trophies from feature wins.

They have always been on display, but will be even more treasured now…

Jon was a Christian, so his place in the ultimate “Hall of Fame” is assured.

Life is short, treasure every moment.

:frowning:

May he rest in peace.

For your info Dave…

[QUOTE=ancrdave;162200]I too have known the Compagnone’s for a long time. I had not seen Jr. in quite awhile but I see Jon, Sr. all the time… His E-Mod is just sitting since he has no place to race it right now but he has been working with the Jim Daley/Sandy Lee/Sheppard Enterprises team helping out on their fleet of Sportsman cars…
QUOTE]
Jon Sr. has raced the #5 e mod twice in the last month with us at Bronson…
-JIM-