Live from Conetime Speedway

Good meeting you last night Devon, and the grandson’s thought your stool- cart was the neatest thing since sliced bread. I’ll tell you seeing you youngster’s get around the track with those old pros makes for fun and exciting asphalt racing, and no dought you all make those old hot shoes earn every lap they lead, oh Chris never found Jefferson to say hello but was good seeing you again.

Yes sir, very nice meeting you as well. It was my buddies bar-stool racer, but it’s is pretty cool!

thanks for the advice

There’s no one like him in WI- I guess that’s why short track racing is dying up there :dry:LoL

Slinger Nationals will be on a Tuesday- place will be packed, no “figure 8” cars will be needed to fill the field, and the promoter doesn’t act like a crackhead

[QUOTE=Scott Prentice;162304]thanks for the advice

There’s no one like him in WI- I guess that’s why short track racing is dying up there :dry:LoL

Slinger Nationals will be on a Tuesday- place will be packed, no “figure 8” cars will be needed to fill the field, and the promoter doesn’t act like a crackhead[/QUOTE]

Like what else is there to do? Count the moose?

In FL, we can do that at the racetrack Joe. Or at a Walmart.

[QUOTE=Scott Prentice;162304]

Slinger Nationals will be on a Tuesday- place will be packed, no “figure 8” cars will be needed to fill the field, and the promoter doesn’t act like a crackhead[/QUOTE]

At the end of the day does it really matter HOW the promoter gets the fans and the cars there, or does it matter THAT he got them there and gave them a show that will make them want to come back again?

Who the hell cares how they do it up North. This is FL, get over it !

Well he could’ve just not got the extra cars and not take the chance at losing $5k? I think that was awesome that he got cars to add the field. People b$&@% because owners don’t try and now since that boat is full we can now jump on the he promotion are to crazy? Guess either way some people like to complain.

Get over what? There are plenty of people from up north in FL. Do you ever leave your house? Probably more Yankees here than crackers at this point.

Very well said devin he did everything he could do so the mod drivers would have a shot at the bonus money most promoters would of turned there head the other way. For those that want to call him the conehead,bozo the clown and what ever else they can think of I’m sure it don’t bother him as he laughing all the way to the bank to make that deposit today. Over 3,000 spectators in the stands and over 400 thru the back gate plus concessions on a Thursday night I would say he has something figured out

Tony and Devin

There is no doubt that Yoho is probably the best race promoter that we have had for a long time…he didn’t have to get on the phone to fill the mod class…most wouldn’t. I think he should hire weft to help with P.R. That’s some good play by play…I gotta work on my car now…

I used to do the PR and press releases for the KN Series team I worked on in addition to changing tires, but it’s not really what motivates me per se. I find being an official to be more rewarding bc when you can help a driver out, it’s a good feeling. I was there before and know how that feels.

Weft

very cool…glad you made it out.

What a great night of racing at Showtime Speedway before an excellent crowd. There was excitement in all three divisions: street stocks, mini stocks and modifieds. All three of the fastest qualifiers in each division took up Yoho’s $5,000 challenge if they would start at the rear and win the feature.

Cody Stickler was the fastest qualifier in time trial qualifying for the modifieds, took the $5,000 challenge. started last and really put on a driving exhibition you had to see to believe. That guy can drive and boy was his car fast and handling to perfection. He managed to work his way up to second with several laps left and if there would have been just one more caution he would have won the race.

It was like watching the late nine time NASCAR modified champion Richie Evans with how methodically he came up through the field.

Oh, one final comment. There are those people (promoters especially) who believe that the only night a speedway can run and be successful is Saturday. Last night proved them wrong. 26 street stocks, 27 mini stocks, and 20 modifieds in the pits and a great crowd on hand to watch the racing.

[QUOTE=77NovaRacer;162291]
School bus figure 8 had 9 buses and was mostly boring. One big green bus did flip on the back stretch and the driver was taken away by ambulance for a broken arm. I believe his arm came out of the bus when it flipped as they had to use a loader to pick the bus up to get the driver out. He was then loaded up in a ambulance and the race was red flagged for 20 minutes because they had to wait for the ambulance to come back before racing could resume.

Donny Thomas the driver who was injured in the school bus figure 8 race, had elbow/arm surgery at noon today at Bayfront. He is out and his wife, Heidi, is waiting to speak with the surgeon. Keep he and his family in your prayers.