Going to the glass city 200

We are leaving Thursday, heading to Toledo, I cant wait to see outlaw bodied super late models for the first time. Have anyone seen them?

4-29_lm_37_40.jpg

images (1).jpg

3c8f4c46bbf92a89f39aee56727c5833db150c16f2c158b2620673c24e64a338_1.jpg

If you never seen them race before you will be impressed. Very fasy track and those flat side beast are bad ass fast,I’m from the Ohio, Michigan area and you will be impressed

Yes I cant wait.

One of the best places anywhere to watch a race, no bad seats. And some great drivers in that race. ARCA owns the track and they know how to put on a show.

great facility,and a fast bunch.I thought of going myself but am opting for the last points show at Shady Bowl instead since its closer.If possible you should try to go to Sandusky Speedways cavalcade.I believe they run the main features on sunday this week and its only 45 miles east.

Is Shady Bowl as dusty as it used to be? I’ve never been to a track where everyone around us was wearing masks and goggles as a matter of course.

[QUOTE=woolybully;164704]Is Shady Bowl as dusty as it used to be? I’ve never been to a track where everyone around us was wearing masks and goggles as a matter of course.[/QUOTE]If you need goggles and masks at an asphalt track, then it’s pretty dusty. :stuck_out_tongue: Yes, Shady Bowl is asphalt, not dirt.

Those “outlaw” Late Model cars run all over the place up here; most weekly tracks run 'em, and then there’s the Main Event series, which runs at several different tracks, and based out of Sandusky.

It seems to me that there are now enough of the Wedge bodies, that there might be an interest in a 2-3 day portion of New Smyrna Speedweeks.
Those cars, on that track, would be AWESOME

[QUOTE=Frasson118;164742]It seems to me that there are now enough of the Wedge bodies, that there might be an interest in a 2-3 day portion of New Smyrna Speedweeks.
Those cars, on that track, would be AWESOME[/QUOTE]Bring the Main Event Late Models down, since our season up here doesn’t start until about late April/early May; and bring the MSA/ISMA Supermodifieds down as well. Three nights each at New Smyrna, with two 50-lappers and a 100-lapper. Your finish in the two 50-lappers will invert your starting spot for the 100-lapper on the third night. Incentive not to “sandbag”: pay more to come from the back. (I don’t know; I’m just throwing ideas out there…).

We made it up there, the cars are awesome, great fans, great tracks. Score boards working, we got to Ohio on Friday 9/18 and staying in Fremont so we went to Fremont Speedway Friday they All Star Sprint Cars. It was very cool, what a great little track. Saturday went to Toledo Speedway and the Glass City 200 was awesome.

https://youtu.be/p1LT5CDpxxs

Cool–

Glad to see you could go to this event, and this raceway. Toledo Speedway has a long history. The machines that you’ve seen racing are some of the most awesome cars around, racing-wise. And it wasn’t raining on you.
Toledo Speedway was not built like Winchester or Salem, or even New Smyrna speedways—this ring has short little straightaways, and long, wide sweeping corners instead. It’s still called a half-mile, but it doesn’t look it, though–but it is. The car counts are always good, it seems, and the shows on this wide raceway are good, too. Glad you had a good time witnessing this big event. Thanks for sharing the story and photos.

archives—

From June 2008—almost—

My Midwestern track-chasing had took me to Toledo, and other raceways, I had spoken about the fascinating greenery of the endless corn fields, long meadows of grass and fields, along the Erie Canal locations, rivers and streams, and beautiful scenery all about. And then, in the middle of nowheresville USA, the huge cement, wooden and aluminum palaces show up---- Speedways. Toledo was one of them. I played golf in the afternoon down the street, and the Supermod/Sprint Show got rained out, so I hit the Toledo Mudhens AAA triple A Baseball game downtown as a backup plan.

[QUOTE=AB195;165213]Glad to see you could go to this event, and this raceway. Toledo Speedway has a long history. The machines that you’ve seen racing are some of the most awesome cars around, racing-wise. And it wasn’t raining on you.
Toledo Speedway was not built like Winchester or Salem, or even New Smyrna speedways—this ring has short little straightaways, and long, wide sweeping corners instead. It’s still called a half-mile, but it doesn’t look it, though–but it is. The car counts are always good, it seems, and the shows on this wide raceway are good, too. Glad you had a good time witnessing this big event. Thanks for sharing the story and photos.[/QUOTE]

You are very welcome, It was a great vacation.