New smyrna sportsman crash

We’re still new Patrick has been setting up our car and working hard on our car every week with us to get car fast and Scott Bramlett has helped us for years racing so I’m not the one to help them as I need help myself I work 7 days a week but I’m not bashing we need every car in this sport why don’t you just go talk to them maybe their nice people after all and just wanna race on the budget they have. Certainly can’t blame somebody for trying at least their out their in a car I see your point I really do we were one of the slow cars when my son was young causing wrecks and being in the way and nobody would help us then. But now I’ve been blessed to have great people around us racing and Patrick and Scott would give their setup tricks to anybody that ask for help I’ve seen them do it I just wanna see sport grow to many tracks shutting down we do this for fun it’s a privilege for us to be able to race as not everybody can afford to do it but all negativity doesn’t help the tracks

The Rules

There is a rule book.

There are officials that interpret the rule book and administer the rules.

If they determine a car to be legal, it is legal. If the flagman and officials determine a car to be running a legal speed, again, it is legal.

For the rest of the peanut gallery, one has to choose to walk up to the front or back gate and pay their money. You will then watch a given track run the classes they have chosen for the evening with cars that they have deemed to be legal to be on the track.

Simple, really.

Remember, witch hunts never seem to run out of “witches”.

That video doesn’t prove anything? Its called racing those things happen. Maybe as his spotter you should have informed him that the lap car was coming up and sitting right in his line. The 1 car shouldn’t have to stop running his line because your too busy spotting for two cars. Anyone with eyes saw scott come up into the 1’s line to try and avoid the lap car so he wouldn’t be picked off by the lap car. But I seem to remember the 1 car and your son running side by side for several laps in the previous race and only touching once, and heard you tell him over the radio that it was just racing and it happens? Also, when Scott asked to be interviewed he said himself it was good hard racing, you know that thing the fans come to watch, try running single file so you can avoid damage and see how many people show up.

That video doesn’t prove anything? Its called racing those things happen. Maybe as his spotter you should have informed him that the lap car was coming up and sitting right in his line. The 1 car shouldn’t have to stop running his line because your too busy spotting for two cars. Anyone with eyes saw scott come up into the 1’s line to try and avoid the 21 car so he wouldn’t be picked off by him. But I seem to remember the 1 car and your son running side by side for several laps in the previous race and only touching once, and heard you tell him over the radio that it was just racing and it happens? Also, when Scott asked to be interviewed he said himself it was good hard racing, you know that thing the fans come to watch, try running single file so you can avoid damage and see how many people show up.

-Posting for WoodRacing33

Video show how low the car was to not be a factor like everybody was blaming them I don’t think Derrick wood wrecked us week before either both cars were running side by side for several laps running clean got that video to I just like people commenting that don’t drive race cars so don’t know what really happens inside of cars don’t think Derrick caused wreck either just racing in video jim jones snaps a pic you can see photo flash of position of bothe cars my comment was racing hard in beginning of races and respecting each other’s line. Don’t need to beat and bang on lap 3 you don’t win races on lap 3 last time I checked and I didn’t want innocent people being blamed for something they didn’t do and isn’t one of those cars like top in points that y’all are blaming and for record Scott’s wife was spotting but was first time spotting so I was helping her we have same channels on radio for a reason Scott seen the car low and I did warn him but said car was to far in front to be a factor in the beginning of video I didn’t post you see cars bumping going down the straight away on lap 1 and two

What about the governor’s cup video?

Just watched the video posted from the 11. I was there, I have driven sportsman cars and have spotted for modifieds and super lates. Anyone who thinks that wreck had anything to do with the 21 is nuts. He gave the leaders way more room than he even had to.

the 21 pays the entry fee and signs in as a sportsman, has the same tires as sportsman, his chassis is legal for sportsman, the body is legal in sportsman. Seems to me that he should be allowed to enter as a sportsman. You guys must not have seen the pro late model race because there was a sportsman running in that. or maybe its your guys double standards.

I agree completely.

what about the nights they run strictly stock, sportsman and super stock class on the same night with the same car ? they sign in in each class and pay extra ? and they do not have the same chassis nobody that is competitive is running a metric chassis with a 7.5 rear end in the sportsman class. where have you been with your modified Joe they need all the cars they can get for the mod class? they had what 8 Saturday night . I am not sure didn’t bother watching them .

the car that they run in strictly stock is not the same one that they run in super stock and sportsman. Also a metric frame is not illegal in sportsman.

why is it every time the leaders do something stupid everyone wants to blame a lapped car that was not at fault? Last years gov cup the sportsmans had a wreck that took out 1/2 the field. then the first race of the season they took out 1/ the field on the first lap. Lets start blaming the dumb asses up front.

“Lets start blaming the dumb asses up front.”–Altered

Now that is just funny as hell!

I would disagree that they are less than bright, but that deal on the video looked like the guy on the low side moved up a little sooner than he should have and paid the price. Guys have been doing that for decades, and will be doing it from now on…

The lapped car looks to be a non-factor to me by a corn-fed mile.

Is that cut down Camaro a sportsman? Why don’t you bring it on over and have a little fun with the gang?

[QUOTE=shorttrackcar1;164991]
where have you been with your modified Joe they need all the cars they can get for the mod class? they had what 8 Saturday night . I am not sure didn’t bother watching them .[/QUOTE]

Ever since the first of July have been busy with business, family, etc. I won’t lie about, on the couple nights we could have made it, it was so darned hot this old man decided to stay home! We also have been busy preparing a new car for the Classic 24 hour race at Daytona in November, as well as our Porsche I am intending to race at Sebring in October.

Is that cut down Camaro a sportsman? Why don’t you bring it on over and have a little fun with the gang? --OldSchool+

Only if they agree to let me run under my track’s rules.

Yeah, that’s how it works.

Where is your track?

Sebring and Daytona.

I thought that looked like Michael Seay’s GT1 car. Come on down to Sebring with it on the 17th and 18th, I am running our GT3R in GT1.

the motor is at the machine shop so ill be bringing the Gremlin to sebring

That’s great, cya there!

So, back in the day at the Rolex, I recall the following story (who knows, most of it may be true).

A couple of college guys painted up a straight six gremlin and drove down from the new york area, took the exhaust system off, and ran the car in the 24 hours.

It then seems like the car eventually ran itself out of tires and sat on jackstands for an hour or two as they could not afford new tires.

Someone purchased a set of tires for them, they finished the race, and then drove the thing home.

Is it that Gremlin?