New smyrna sportsman crash

New Smyrna how many more good sportsman cars need to be destroyed before you tell the two cars of the 21 team to stop running every class that they don’t belong in.one is a strictly stock and the other thinks he a super stock. both get lapped in every race several times in a race. should have never been aloud in the sportsman race. the 21 car caused the first sportsman crash which tore up /destroyed good cars Scott bramlet was a fast car and had no where to go because 21 is to slow. I don’t care that they show up every week they are not completive cars and they don’t even care enough to paint their cars and they don’t even finish the races. both pulled in before race ended it’s not worth sacrificing and wrecking nice high dollar sportsman cars for these two if I was the sportsman guys I would refuse to race because of them when is enough enough .

I agree those two cars are way too slow for thew sportsman division but I don’t see how you can pin that wreck on the 21. The leaders were racing hard and got hooked up coming off of four.

those guys were racing hard going into 3 they can’t see the 21 until they are going in 21 was so slow Scott came up so fast it look like to me had no choice but to try to move up and go around or run into the rear end of the 21 that’s what cause it all. the 21 is not a sportsman car at all… should have never been on the track!! had he not been on the track this big wreck would have never happen that destroyed good sportsman cars . the 21 is a 500.00 car . cant tell you how many times in the corners the sportsman guys have had to deal with the 21 going so slow . they need to tell him to stay in his class . or why not let the strictly stock run with the prolates class it would be the same thing .just tired of keep seeing this and it suck s for the guys who have a lot money in their cars.

Sportsman cars dont run with the Supers

:anim_pound::anim_pound:[QUOTE=shorttrackcar1;164760]New Smyrna how many more good sportsman cars need to be destroyed before you tell the two cars of the 21 team to stop running every class that they don’t belong in.one is a strictly stock and the other thinks he a super stock. both get lapped in every race several times in a race. should have never been aloud in the sportsman race. the 21 car caused the first sportsman crash which tore up /destroyed good cars Scott bramlet was a fast car and had no where to go because 21 is to slow. I don’t care that they show up every week they are not completive cars and they don’t even care enough to paint their cars and they don’t even finish the races. both pulled in before race ended it’s not worth sacrificing and wrecking nice high dollar sportsman cars for these two if I was the sportsman guys I would refuse to race because of them when is enough enough .[/QUOTE]
Sportsman cars dont run with the supers,so why do you keep letting this happen. The car count isnt hurting in this class. When you tell them to move over, its too late.When they move over, its only half way down the track. yes, they like to race…so let them run with the 4cly…the bombers…the pure stocks oh yea, why not the mods and the trucks too:anim_pound:

I say the same thing they do not belong out there that crash happened in front of me,sandy lee and everyone in the stands are damn lucky his fuel cell didn’t explode and kill him or seriously injury him or spectators. And in every race last night lapped cars messed up a lot of racing

thank you guys for chiming in on this .I knew it wasn’t just me seeing this happening . but it needs to stop! the rule should be only cars running their class . this almost cost Patrick the championship last night. it took almost a hour to clean the mess up. Patrick with the help of some great people were able to rebuild the body on his car you had to be there to see it. I thought for sure he was done for the night . the car didn’t look to bad after and was still fast .I know you read these post Dave and Kim.

Anybody have a video of this? It happened in phases it seemed. First the leaders tangled then every one piled in. Scott Garrity took a big hit into the back of a car, it really reminded me of that video on speed51 from up north with the big fire. Scary stuff.

Spot on here about the two 21 cars, but don’t forget they also have two OWM cars. I could count on lapping them ever 3rd or 4th lap in the e mod. They run the two OWM in full and e mods divisions last year. :ohmy:
-JIM-

Not only was the 21 car unbearably slow (like 5-6 seconds a lap slow) he didn’t move out of the groove so the 22 (Bramlet) had to move up, and that’s when the cars got hooked.

NASCAR has a formula; you see it all the time when a car comes back out from a wreck. If it can’t maintain a certain speed, they black flag it and that car is done for the day. I don’t know what that formula is, but it wouldn’t be hard to find out and I’m equally sure the 21 is no where near maintaining that minimum speed.

It could be as simple as "if you get lapped in the heat race you get DQed. Maybe the first week it happens you get a pass

The interesting part of all this is that nascar used to have car count as a component of the point system. Don’t know if they still do, or if 21, and others, were encouraged to run, but that would be ironic as it nearly took Patrick out.

I listened to the tower on my scanner and this seemed to be the case. Had to have a full field start, 24 cars I think. After one lap they should have been pulled off. The rules should state that ‘filler cars’ should be of the same division. JMO.
-JIM-

I’m pretty sure it is 18 cars to be considered a full field

I was spotting for the 22 car scott Bramlett and the 11 car which is my son who was right behind the 22 car those two cars you are talking about had nothibpg to do with the wreck I also have video front and back of my car to prove it the reason why the wreck happen was rough driving nobody’s giving anybody any room the car outside of scott was into the side of Scott’s car and hooked him and sent scott into wall scott has a picture of the car outside on lap 3 not giving room when scott was clearly faster Scott wants to talk at next drivers meeting about sportsman car to race cleaner not trying to win it on lap 3 and give room we don’t need to keep rubbing into each other to win 400 dollars our car the 11 has been wrecked of some sort 7 weeks in a row it’s getting old

That 1 car got into the qtr panel off the 22 happen right in front of my that 1 car is starting to drive like the 86 car did before he fucked his shit up

If you were there (which most of you weren’t), Scott Bramlett came to the tower and asked to be interviewed. At no time did he mention the #21 car of Mike Dahm… he simply said the crash was the fault of only good hard racing and did not blame Wood for it either… he was most upset that other cars got damaged then wanted to make sure to thank the track fire crew for assessing the situation quickly and making sure everyone was safe and the area around the crash secured before they started removing cars.

I think you guys have a legitimate beef that slower cars either should not be allowed to start or should pull off after a lap or two… The deal with allowing Super Stocks to run the Sportsman is like a catch 22 for the track since other tracks can do likewise to help their drivers out in the points.

Don’t gripe too much about the Dahms… They actually show up EVERY week and, yes, they aren’t fast, but there are there, pay their money to get in and never intentionally get in the way of anybody from what I’ve seen. Mike’s Super Stock was actually running very good earlier this year until he blew the engine up and they had to install an old engine… By the way, if you want them to go faster, throw some sponsor money their way so we could really see what they could do…

well Dave I was there and I don’t think Scott was going to get on the mike and start throwing the 21 under the bus in front of everybody . like I said before I don’t care that they show up every week the dahms . trust me nobody comes out to watch them . get lapped 6 or more times in a 25 lap race the problem is they are not sportsman car .and should be told to stay in their class. and should have never been on the track! when you have two cars racing side by side and enter into the corner and you have a car going that slow you have a problem. DCpaintings that’s your opinion on what happen if the 21 had not been there the wreck would have not happen. I saw it coming when Scott and the 1 car were side by side going into 3 I knew the 21 would not be out of the way as fast as they were going and you say you were spotting for two cars ? Scott and your son wow is that safe? maybe you were looking at your son at the time maybe that was the problem . if Scott needs a spotter next time I am sure someone in the stands can do it I saw a few racers sitting in the stands .

Not opinion straight from Scott’s mouth when he was at my house and we both watched video of what happen I don’t post on here a lot and don’t know the dahms never met them just don’t want to see somebody get blamed for something they didn’t do and thanks Dave instead of running people off why don’t somebody help them up instead of pushing them down at least they got a car and are supporting new smryna instead of bashing

Here is the replay from my car saturday night running p4 behind all of it

https://youtu.be/0cj8HXtbFxA

you were nice enough to offer Patrick your car why don’t you give them a hand maybe let them run your sportsman car in a couple sportsman races? listen I am not saying they shouldn’t race. just race only there class only or why not let the them race in the prolate class you see where this is going ? for the last time they need to stay in their class .