#7 Modified Front End is it legal

If it is the same clip as the 3 car and one of your cars that runs at Desoto then it is not legal. Both of those cars had to correct the front ends because the lower mounts were slotted.

[QUOTE=openwm53;165516]Why did we ever even let a fab clip in the class ? The intent of the class was a stock clip ? Can you still get stock clips ? Heres an idea;

1. stock clip only
  2. msd box only
  3. Shock rule ( only certain manufacturer with a price cap )
  4. Hell maybe a restrictor plate for the motors ?[/QUOTE]

Getting stock clips is not an issue Doug, last time I went to the Junk yard, we pulled 6 and there were plenty more sitting there

Dalton

I know that there are many available. It was a question that I already had an answer to. I just like to see what people have to say. I find it very ironic that my other directed questions werent answered. I was also told that the 3 car had to fix its issue. But that was heresay.

Questions:

>Are the slots in the lower control arms in order to gain a caster advantage?

>Are the fabbed clips 25 pounds lighter? If so, the 25lb could still be added near the left front wheel, and it would seem as if it would be an advantage itself.

FAB front Clips

This is my opinion and only my opinion (nothing to do with Showtime)

I personally think the FAB front clip should have NEVER been allowed in the Modifieds. I was asked many times back in the SARA days when HOWE first came out with one. I was even sent one for FREE to look at and would not go with it.
AS for the weight penalty, if it is only 25 Lbs for the Clip and 50 for the Aluminum Heads it should be an ADDITIONAL 75 lbs in front of the flywheel as it was in the SARA days and NOT just a placement penalty. So if your weight was 2500 lbs and you had the clip and heads its now 2575 lbs.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;165529]Questions:

>Are the slots in the lower control arms in order to gain a caster advantage?

>Are the fabbed clips 25 pounds lighter? If so, the 25lb could still be added near the left front wheel, and it would seem as if it would be an advantage itself.[/QUOTE]

the slotting of the lower a frame mounts is so you can run the a frame as low as possible with out the car bottoming out, thus lowering the roll center drastically compared the the stock clips cars

I am not sure of the weight difference

front ends

upper and lower a-frames need to be in stock location of a Monte Carlo, not a Camaro. there is a big difference…

It would seem like the camaro vs monte carlo thing could be scrapped and a “Max Measurable Geometry” could be determined.

Then, the numbers is the numbers.

Seems like a piece of 1/4" plate (or 1/8" or whatever) with slots could be welded onto some portion of a stock clip to give the same adjustability.

for the 53 and 94

its not camaro its nova the lower mounts are slotted but not for what you rocket scientist think its for pro dive and anti dive maybe a little jacking force but thats probably way above your pay grade may be you two should stop racing and become teckmen you seem so knowledgeable :anim_pound:

Showtime Facebook post

Open Wheel we will be teching hard this week Showtime will have 3 tech officials along with books for year make of clip for proper Measurements.

THAT THIS MEANS YOUR FABRICATED CLIPS NEED TO BE IN STOCK LOCATION

Their is more on Showtime Facebook page or see attached file

ATT00002.txt (1.94 KB)

This is pretty entertaining…

The 77 Nova and the Camaro of the 2nd gen have the same geometry. Only the frame horns are different. Been there, done that.

What happened AMF Chassis? You take your post off already?

been there done that

go to your local parts store buy a idler arm for a nova and a Camaro two different part numbers two different parts BEEN THERE DONE THAT :anim_buttkick:

I was talking about lower control arm mounts, width, location, etc. Not the steering linkage.

Amf

Hey billy bob or whatever they call you. I never said anything about a camaro. But I know your cars are slotted. And you can come by my trailor friday or saturday night and we can discuss my pay grade and how you speak to people on this message board ?

It looks like it is gonna be a good race!

Very simple, keep the rules as they have been, Stock front clip with bottom A- arms in un-modified stock location.

The cat is out of the bag. I would bet that Yoho is not going to send the Anderson car to the house.

old school

I know your enjoying all this. I doubt seriously that T.C. or Yoho will be sending anyone to the house. Tech in our class is long overdue. There is no doubt that Mr. Anderson is a living legend in our sport and that the Todd family are very good people. Josh is one hell of a driver. I hope everyone remembers that this race is a memorial for a man who dedicated his life to our sport.

I know what you mean, but that’s the problem here. Why does it matter if it’s an “Anderson” car? If it’s wrong it’s wrong. It looks like Yoho is getting serious with tech this weekend. I’m not racing but it may be worth it to go out there just to watch tech lol.