#7 Modified Front End is it legal

Because that car is part of the reason I am going and Yoho knows it.

He cannot afford to have the fastest five cars pull out of the gate. I believe he would if they jacked him up, but he does not want to.

It is a catch 22, or something.

You see, I am for rules that promote “affordable” race cars and the tech to keep them that way.

But in the meantime, hypocritically enough, I am looking forward to seeing the best of the best bad-ass modifieds this weekend.

“I know your enjoying all this.” OWM53

If you like, please clarify.

I enjoy getting the inside information rather than just sitting on a cushion.

And I enjoy brainstorming to hopefully move things forward, either at the “one guy” level or on a larger scale. Probably not worth much, but it is the best I’ve got.

Further enjoy helping out a racer or two pitside. Hopefully that is more help than “in the way” too.

Old school

Did not mean anything bad. i just seen your other post and well you do fuel the conversations so to speak. No harm intended

Thanks.

I do like to kick the ball around, but certainly no harm intended here either.

I have said it before, but if anyone at anytime feels like I “done them wrong” let me know openly on the forum or via pm and I will do everything I can to make things right.

Oh, fyi, the “looks like it’s gonna be a good race” thing…

Simply meant-- tensions are up, the excitement is rising, it is going to be a good race. Still feel that way…

doug miller

My Name Is Bob If You Dont Like The Way I Talk To You Stop Trashing My Product If You Spent As Much Time Working On Your Car As You Do On Here You Might Stop Getting Your Ass Kicked On The Track The Lowers Are Slotted I Clearly Pointed That Out Why Dont You And The Other Two Cry Babies Call The Track Tell Them Where You Want The Lowers Welded And It Will Be Solved,wont Be At Showtime Saturday Will Be At A Late Model Race But Fill Free To Come By The Shop Any Time And We Can Dam Sure Talk
1-863-419-8700
5090 State Rd 544 East Haines City Fl 33844

C’mon now…

One party has a beautiful race car and the other builds 'em…

No flies on anything at either location.

Anderson’s car initially had a stock clip I believe, and strange things happen in racing all the time.

Bob

[QUOTE=amfchassis;165590]My Name Is Bob If You Dont Like The Way I Talk To You Stop Trashing My Product If You Spent As Much Time Working On Your Car As You Do On Here You Might Stop Getting Your Ass Kicked On The Track The Lowers Are Slotted I Clearly Pointed That Out Why Dont You And The Other Two Cry Babies Call The Track Tell Them Where You Want The Lowers Welded And It Will Be Solved,wont Be At Showtime Saturday Will Be At A Late Model Race But Fill Free To Come By The Shop Any Time And We Can Dam Sure Talk
1-863-419-8700
5090 State Rd 544 East Haines City Fl 33844[/QUOTE]

Well then Bob, First of all i didnt trash your product. I simply pointed out that they are illegal in our class. I actually think the 3 car is a fine piece. It was illegal and now its not. If you dont want called out then qiut building outside the rules. As far as getting my ass kicked apparently you dont know me. You may be able to intimidate others with your abrassiveness on here but not me. By the way I think your deck lids are too long as well…lol sorry you wont be at the race saturday maybe next time.

I’ve got a Port City fab clipped open wheel modified for sale. Only has 3 races on it since completely rebuilt. $11,000 race ready. But it this week in time for the Eddie Race this weekend!

[QUOTE=amfchassis;165590]My Name Is Bob If You Dont Like The Way I Talk To You Stop Trashing My Product If You Spent As Much Time Working On Your Car As You Do On Here You Might Stop Getting Your Ass Kicked On The Track The Lowers Are Slotted I Clearly Pointed That Out Why Dont You And The Other Two Cry Babies Call The Track Tell Them Where You Want The Lowers Welded And It Will Be Solved,wont Be At Showtime Saturday Will Be At A Late Model Race But Fill Free To Come By The Shop Any Time And We Can Dam Sure Talk
1-863-419-8700
5090 State Rd 544 East Haines City Fl 33844[/QUOTE]

Bob,
What a great way to communicate to potential customers. Instead of coming on here and calling people crybabies and other things, maybe you should offer your services to help make there cars faster. That sounds like a great business plan. Instead you choose to bash people. You come across as an cocky arrogant a$$hole !! I’m no rocket scientist but you are in the business to build and maintain racecars right?

[QUOTE=elmer;165603]Bob,
What a great way to communicate to potential customers. Instead of coming on here and calling people crybabies and other things, maybe you should offer your services to help make there cars faster. That sounds like a great business plan. Instead you choose to bash people. You come across as an cocky arrogant a$$hole !! I’m no rocket scientist but you are in the business to build and maintain racecars right?[/QUOTE]

Their cars won’t go any faster. They are Cope cars.

Just throwing that out there for the amusement.

Ease up you bunch of old men before somebody slips and breaks a hip.

If any one wants to go real fast just give rrd a call! Lol (941) 527-5050 #rehabracingdevelopment

http://www.rrdracing.com/showgallery.php?catid=95

In addition to some pretty good looking modifieds, they also feature a section called “pit babes” that is worth checking out.

Oddly, none of them are welding up chassis…

Should be worth the price of admission,we hope you all come out and support this great race in eddies honor,

Here’s a little thought, all this crying over tube clip cars and I believe Eddie was one of the first to build them here in Florida. Ironic isn’t it?

I don’t believe this crap, did you let tube clips run yes,then why wasn’t a jig made so everyone can run that clip,who cares who made it or bought it from. I don’t know but make a jig to that clip so everyone’s track can police it.You need to put your heads together and get AMF,Cope,RRD,Tommy Styer and if I missed someone I am sorry all together so everyone can build the same clips,It makes seance someone will always build a better mouse trap or as I say all of the time use all the tools in the tool box,see ya at the racers John.

John, you let tube clips run back in 2005 when I worked for you. In fact I remember a pretty quick car with a tube clip. I think it was # X90. Some John fella drove it if I recall correctly.

You are correct I wanted to start running them back then so it was easy to replace and build,does anyone have clue on replacing a chv clip and to prepare it to go on a car hours,now you buy a clip for 500.00 and half the time to install it and you have a better car to drive simple, but down here for some reason people like to work harder then they have to , racing was to have fun and everyone seems to loose that thought, see ya at a race track John.

I think you and the Bear fella in the 3 OWM had one.

All classes will eventually need to be full tube chassis, this stock clip stuff is 40-45 year old technology. I used an old chevelle chassis in my OWM, I feel their pain…lol. Its out dated and parts are hard to come buy. Unless its a strictly stock-type class, all classes should be permitted tube chassis and quick change rear ends. Open wheels are simply open wheeled late models these days, not the affordable V8 class they used to be and were supposed to be with claimer rule and all. So be it, classes evolve, time marches on and things change. Time for full tube chassis and quick changes across the board, competition will have to be regulated by engine rules instead, that’s the direction racing is going.

I myself prefer the stock type clip because as rough as the class can be, the stock type is tougher. The tube ones I have seen that got in an even fairly minor wreck bent. Ask Jeff Bailey (#10) that ran Orlando awhile back. That’s why he quit I believe. I think his bent sitting on the trailer coming back from Lakeland after getting clipped, again! LOL!!!