#7 Modified Front End is it legal

OK guys…quit calling…I’ll reply. No David, my clip got bent once after hitting the wall coming off turn 4 at Orlando. It was replaced and raced many times prior to my selling it. The new owner has many wins in that car. The list of reasons I don’t race circle track any longer is long…the car had absolutely nothing to do with my decision… The car was nothing but quality.

Jeff,

You know you “been there, done that”.

Good for you, man!

Hey Jeff, good to hear from you! I know exactly why you quit, and I can’t say I blame you. I just ran Sebring this past weekend, are you still doing any road racing?

Hey Joe ! Long time no see…it’s always a pleasure to see or hear from you. I tried the Spec Miata thing for a year or so with an older car…it was fun but the cost of a pro built car to run up front didn’t make sense to me.

I’ve still got my unfinished C6 GT1 Corvette and a GT1 Camaro in boxes…every time I decide to work on it…I find something else I’d rather be doing…

Glad to hear you are good! That spec Miata must have felt SLOOOOOOOW after your GT1 rides. Hope to see ya soon!

I may have a couple extra stints in the Camaro at Road Atlanta in Feb. Top 20 speedwise in fields of 100+ cars. Chumpcar! We don’t get passed very often. :slight_smile:

you know nobody is ever happy till they screw up every class in racing. and I hear sportsman are running tube clips next year. great job guys the hole is getting deeper . there is no reason to go and build a mod with a tube clip with a nova /Camaro clip geometry. only if your trying to pull something. why wasn’t it built with the geometry of the stock clips that are run on all the modifies ? hummm wonder why not . what is every modified suppose to go and cut the clip off their mod and clip it with this tube clip .that be great for the racecar fab shops . now if the 7 mod has this the wrong geometry it should not be aloud to even race period . funny how people always think that nobody is as smart as they are . Hey Joe remember what I said in the beginning of the year with the modified class when you were starting what would happen I wasn’t being negative just being honest. Jeff was smart too when he got out .

Although I agree in principle, a chassis is generally a “one and done” cost. Probably it is easier and cheaper to replace a bent fabbed clip–but I am guessing…

Motor, Shocks, and Tires are where the money is going in an ongoing basis, and what parks cars, IMO.

Sportsman cars running a fabbed chassis?

Late Model Sportsman, baby!

Thank you for pointing out that a nova and camaro is similar geometry. Unibody cars. We purchased a fab clip from lefthander and its all camaro geometry. I do feal bad for a couple real good and honest men that are running something similar. I hope they all still get to race the EB race.