??? for everyone especially Modified Owners,Drivers and Crew

Opening up the rules to fab front clips will be the start of killing the modified class in Fla. There are many re-man 69 chevelle clips and you can still find impala and chevelle clips around used. It is all in the geometry of those control arms and I heard the 7’s is even adjustable. I hope Brooks has a plan for the rules on this, like maybe weight and left side. Opening the rules to Andersons style front clips will park a lot of good modifieds.

The MSD box removed from the 7 car was tested days after the race they already had the money. Ricky did not buy the box at NSS so it was not checked and they got the money 11,000 for 2 races not bad.

I realize the MSD was tested days after the EBR. Yoho has always been one to let everyone know he is the boss. I just feel like if they had found a tampered box he would have fined and/or suspended them even after the fact. Can’t see him letting someone walk away scott free, and getting one over on him in such a prestigious race.

7 car a no show at Showtime for the 5000.00 to come from the back!!!

Why would you want to run Hei Doug? Give me a valid reason on what it will do for the mods. Can you still run tc, yes. You going to save people money, no. Everybody before the EBR race was complaining about stuff they figured would knock Anderson off his streak or what they thought was giving him the edge. All you guys did was cause me a bunch of headaches lol. I met Yohos 3-1/2 inches for a arm height (new rule by the way). I was told forget 3-1/2 and make the arms the way they wanted! I told them I did what you said and welded the back points and I was told do what they said or add 125lbs. Needless to say my car was pretty much toast for the rest of the weekend (still made the show on time but car was not good at all). As for the Daytona boxes, first off its not traction control, if you believe it is you have no clue how it works or what it is, but you all complained, and thought that was the answer, wrong again. All of you seem to forget that we are getting beat by a man that has raced for a living his entire life, for a living. I know Dick personally and he’s beyond smart when it comes to set ups. If you had all day all week to work on your car you would learn a lot more. Answer this question for all the ones crying, would any of these topics be discussed at all if that car only won a race or two here or there? I think not. Lol. What’s the next rule suggestion no chrome wheels cause they trip the timing beam faster, no red and white paint jobs, or no number 7 cars allowed. Lol Did anyone forget that Josh won the EBR in another car that was set up by the same man. No fabricated clip etc. lol. To all the people that are whining, just work on your car,the more you cry, whine, protest, or claim other people’s stuff after a race doesn’t look good for the class much less you as yours a person. Lol

Two Issues Here…

Issue number one: Dick Anderson is The Man

Yep, yep, yep. In fact, he has had a flat plane at the top of his game since way back. Josh Todd drives a lot like Dick. No questions there or to the quality of the number 7.

Issue number two: Traction Control

It will always be something, but traction control adds to the expense and the whole deal becomes more F1 like (ie sucks) than modified.

SO, if MSD can be modified, and an HEI can be modified, what IS the answer?

I mention points in jest, but they fired a lot of Governor’s Cup engines back in the day. I assume that current RPM levels will cause point bounce or etc.

So, what next? Point distributors with a pertronix module, or…? How is TC inexpensively managed in a foolproof way?

Track Operators may be interested in the answer.

New Smyrna has 2016 rules posted on their website .

“NO TRACTION CONTROL DEVICE(S) OF ANY KIND.”–NSS Rules

That’s it. Apparently they were not legal in '15 either.

“DISTRIBUTOR–HEI. PRIOR TO THE RACES MARKED DISTRIBUTOR CAPS-WITH COILS AND SPARK-TRIGGER MODULES WILL BE HANDED OUT TO BE ADDED TO EACH RACER’S DISTRIBUTOR BODY. AFTER EACH EVENT THEY WILL BE COLLECTED AND CHECKED.”–My addendum! (lol)

Batman. I got accomplished what I wanted. Some dam tech in our class. Big topic lately. And believe me it wasn’t all me. You know as well as I do there hasn’t been crap for tech where we been racing. I’m done. Hats off to Dick and Josh. He’ll may have him build me a new car. As for my person. I’m good with myself. Bring 4000 dollar shocks and I may just get em for 300. We ain’t fn late models.

Doug,

Don’t let it get you down, man.

Looks like you won mid November, wish I had been there.

cheat

anyone who does not think dickey will cheat and drink busch ,ask willy at ccs

No Sir

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;166636]Doug,

Don’t let it get you down, man.

Looks like you won mid November, wish I had been there.[/QUOTE]

Troy is a fried and upset and i understand why. Unfortunately the tracks have let certain things go for a while. You simply dont turn cars away especially in the past few years with the economy. There is no doubt that Mr.Anderson is a living legend in our sport. One thing is for sure…they have people who want to win working hard to keep up. Again my hat is off to Mr.Anderson and Josh and team…