Desoto results & story from 4-23

Hey Bone

[QUOTE=Boneman;169398]Doug, it is a good time to dust off the sprint car project. Pavement racing in Florida has stable management, one rule book, one brand of tires, and three tracks on board. Citrus is opening this year, and that track has traditionally been very friendly with sprints, so I hope and expect a forth place to race.

EZ, you are like a the KARNAC version of Al Sharpton. Every time there is a little problem, you pop up “to heal the situation!”[/QUOTE]

While I wasnt at any race tracks this year I did happen to watch your dash for cash…congrats on that and a respectible run in the feature. I was there helping Troy Thompson and the Butlers. I am hoping to get my feet wet in the wingless sprints in the near future.

[QUOTE=Weftracing96;169386]What Doug either fails to realize, or perhaps care about, is the fact that there are more things in play when it comes to tires than just the Open Wheel Modified class. What about the backbone racer in a street stock. He’s not bolting on tires every week. He can’t afford it. What works at one track may not work at other tracks. You almost get the feeling that Doug thinks this is all a plot to screw people over. It’s not. When Bill Van Devender states that he started a 30 lap Sportsman feature with 132 laps on a set of American Racers, and managed to finish 2nd, that tells me that a track isn’t trying to sell tires. That tells me that they chose the tire so it would last and in turn save money for racers. That tells me they recognize that without racers, you have no show. The shows me they flat out get it. It wouldn’t matter if the American Racer cost a little more, even though it doesn’t, bc you’d make it up with durability.

In a perfect world, sure, would be great if everyone was on the same tire. We don’t live in such a world. Different tracks, classes, drivers have different circumstances. If you don’t like the tire, then go to the place that has the tire you prefer. You can’t please the world. Just go race somewhere at least. But don’t start a ridiculous message board crusade bc you don’t like a tire. It’s played out and nobody really cares anyway. The guys who are fast on Hoosiers, are still fast on American Racers.[/QUOTE]

Gump you’re a gawt damn genious!

PS Ricky don’t come to you, you come to Ricky :grinser010: