John Sarppraicone and the Southern Pro Am Truck Series

Embarrassed no ,I am very sorry if you feel that way your mad because we try to put on some good racing ,why don’t you come and help us turn this around and volunteer your time and see what it’s all about ,we will get it right this series brings money to evey track to help their bottom line ,I don’t here you saying anything good about that 1500.00 dollars before we hit the track it’s going to catch on soon because it is a win win for everyone and again thanks to the 8 trucks that came we will see you at our next event.

My comment was directed more at the track than the Truck series. I think the Trucks have been pulling decent numbers everywhere else they have ran besides Bronson.
Take the Trucks out of the equation and look at the numbers- 35 cars divided by 6 classes, 35/6= 5.8
That means only 5-6 cars per class on average. I wouldn’t drive 25 minutes much less 2.5 hours to see that.

I guess my point is, and this is just my opinon; I think the low Truck count had more to do with the track than the series.
As I said in my previous post- How long can this continue at Bronson?

My question to John Sarppraicone is; After what you saw this past weekend would you bring the series back to Bronson?

John,

Repectfully, it appears that your track is far enough away from the Showtime/Desoto set that they are not inclined to pull in.

So, would suggest you need to grow local classes.

Maybe a meeting with the racers to see what they would like to boil their efforts down to–they will all say they want to run what they have, of course, and that is understandable.

But your job will be to determine what 2 or 3 classes you want to keep.

Make their rules promote dirt cheap race cars–that look like race cars,(not Neons and Monte Carlos), and then pay those classes a strong purse–stronger than is typical at other tracks for similar cars.

Once you have good car count and good spectator count and the ball is rolling, make further decisions regarding what you run from there.

Regardless of your approach, good luck, sir.

OldSchool, John is the race director for the Truck series, not the track owner.

Your suggestions should be directed to Ann Young- owner/operator of Bronson Speedway.
Good luck getting a constructive response from her LoL!

Thank you. Apologies, John.

In the case of the series, it would appear that the venue does indeed require review.

Old school just keep it fair among the other tracks when they have hard times with car count don’t forget to mention them ,tracks coming back on line citrus and Three palms the car counts will drop for a little while when the honeymoon is over,thanks again John see ya at the races.

In all fairness to you John S., Bronson is a difficult draw due to it’s out of the way nature. I think the trucks were still the most of any class that night? Facts are facts.