John Sarppraicone and the Southern Pro Am Truck Series

May 18, 2016
The Southern Pro Am Truck Series is proud to announce and welcome John Sarppraicone as its new Race Director and Series Consultant.

Mr. Sarppraicone, being around racing since he was eight years old, brings extensive racing experience to the Southern Pro Am Truck Series, both in business and racing. Originally from Long Island, NY where he worked in the commercial real estate industry, Sarppraicone was a former NASCAR driver and assistant tech official for the Florida Pro Series. He raced at Islip Speedway and Riverhead Raceway and in his first year he was voted Rookie of the Year at both tracks. He went on to win the track championship. He had raced extensively in Florida and was well-known in the Super Pro Series. In 2000, Sarppraicone took over ownership of Desoto Speedway, and served as the track?s president, general manager and promoter.

The Series is proud to have Mr. Sarppraicone on board, and looks forward to a prosperous future with him.

Have questions or comments, or wish to support the Series? Please contact Mr. Owens at info@driverseatracing.com or call 727-619-3125.
Series website: southernprotrucks.com

Spats

John, would be an asset to any series he aligns himself with. I am just not sure about the stability of the SPATS organization. I would like to see a solid schedule posted somewhere with laps and payouts? Maybe that is out there already? I am just not sure. Are the SPATS rules in line with the current truck rules that are run at lets say, Desoto and A-Dale?

I am confused… Vince P.

Can you put all of your heads together and give me three valid points to try to put these trucks together so we can have some great racing,not that you don’t have good racing now you have over 85 trucks in Florida this could really be something good .

When you have real numbers you can get some real sponsors and bring money to the table for track owners to help them put your show on and try to get good points fund for all ,With that said give me some input thanks again see ya at the races

Point number one the number of graduates from the Florida pro truck division to ascend up to NASCAR trucks and above. The competitiveness of the division as a whole. The price tag of the pro trucks verses a late model or modified which will only make it easier for the truck count to grow given sufficient payout money and also the continued success of the charity truck race at auburndale each December which always draws a strong field.

rules

In my opinion, what has killed the truck class, is lack of rules enforcement. Of course up until a month ago when Mr. Brooks showed up on the scene.

I cant help reading many of the comments on facebook, “how this is not nascar” and the rules enforcement is driving up the cost of racing. When in fact it is the opposite. Carbs, to camshaft, to cranks, you need to have them to keep up with the “Jones’s”

If the tracks stay on the path they are, with rules enforcement, I could in vision the truck count being in the 30-40 every race, maybe even higher.

I do not want to throw any stones, but in the past few years, the rules enforcement was very selective. Hence meaning it really depended who you were when it came to the tech barn.

Rules need to be as black and white as possible, and enforced with the proper tools on a regular basis. (cam doctor)

The truck series needs to clone Mr Brooks for all the truck races…

Just my two cents… Vince P.

[QUOTE=turnleft;169808]In my opinion, what has killed the truck class, is lack of rules enforcement. Of course up until a month ago when Mr. Brooks showed up on the scene.

The truck series needs to clone Mr Brooks for all the truck races…
[/QUOTE]

Agree…Agree…Agree

OSF

No matter the car count, you’re not gonna build a fan base with a class that is always a crashfest. And it IS always a crashfest.
I once saw a truck race with 3 trucks… 2 of them took each other out on lap 1. And then the fans got to watch a single truck run another 19 laps by himself.
Very first priority should be efforts towards cleaning up the drivers talents and patience. There may be some very good wheel men out there, but you’d never know when they’re surrounded by squirrels.
Until they straighten that out, whether there 6 or 36 of them, I wouldn’t cross the street to watch them.

SPATS continues to make moves toward making truck racing viable again in Florida. If the trucks could agree to run under one series/association, i think we’d have us a show. But for now it looks like it’s going to be every series for itself.

disclaimer

One more thing on the rules, I would have a disclaimer saying, "if you buy a truck from a guy, and he tells you the motor is legal, and it’s not, that does not buy you a free pass. If you buy a used truck it is your responsibility to make sure it is legal, and that may mean you have to take the entire engine apart to check it. But using the “I did not know” or “I don’t cheat” has no credibility as far as I am concerned.

Just once I would like to hear, “We cheated and got caught”, and now that we have a competent tech man, we will have to run legal.

Just my two cents… Vince P.

PRO TRUCKS at Bronson Speedway - June 11th, 2016
$1,000 TO WIN
$50 ENTRY FEE

Tires and fuel available at track.
Pit Pass $25/person.
Gates open at noon, practice starts at 4 pm.
Racing starts at 7:30 pm.

Pro Truck Teams: Please email info@driverseatracing.com that you are attending, and let us know if you would like to practice Friday (6/10) from 6 until 9 pm and if you will need tires.
Payouts will be posted on SouthernProTrucks.com by this Friday.

Thank you,

Southern Pro Am Truck Series
Driver Seat Racing, Inc
Toll 877.883.1082 | Direct 727-619-3125
DriverSeatRacing.com | SouthernProTrucks.com
FacebooklogoSmall Twittersmall SPATSEMAIL

L

truck

[QUOTE=x90 John Sarppraicone;170023]PRO TRUCKS at Bronson Speedway - June 11th, 2016
$1,000 TO WIN
$50 ENTRY FEE

Pit Pass $25/person.

Pro Truck Teams: Please email info@driverseatracing.com that you are attending, and let us know if you would like to practice Friday (6/10) from 6 until 9 pm and if you will need tires.
Payouts will be posted on SouthernProTrucks.com by this Friday.

Thank you,

Southern Pro Am Truck Series
Driver Seat Racing, Inc
Toll 877.883.1082 | Direct 727-619-3125
DriverSeatRacing.com | SouthernProTrucks.com
FacebooklogoSmall Twittersmall SPATSEMAIL

L[/QUOTE] how much to park truck in pits

Guys there is no parking fee just pit gate 25.00 per person,now pass this around and I hope we will see some new faces,come on out and enjoy the races thanks again.

John sarppraicone

Hey john I just sent u a pm

parking

now that’s a good show.

I would like to invite all truck racers to Bronson Speedway to race our event on July 11, give us a try you might like the way it is run ,for any other info call above Bobby Owens I will see you at the races.

1. 59x Monopoli, Becca
  2. 3 Pugh, Derek
  3. 7 Lester, Jason
  4. 50 Anderson, Danny
  5. 44 Lovekady, Chase
  6. 25 McDuffie, Cody
  7. 11 Kohut, Michael
  8. 37 Goddard, Michael
  9. 99 Martell, Cody
  10. 28 Bigley, Corey
  11. 24 Burkhalter, Donnie
  12. 39 Johnson, Phillip
  13. 11c Carlbert, Billy
  14. 5 Carlbert, Cody
  15. 41 Darvalics, Steve
  16. 5x Hartin, Eddie
  17. 36 Chastain, Chad
  18. 74 Murphy, Jessica
  19. 4 Davis, Tyler
  20. 13 Garcia, JR
  21. Q Gamache, Michael
  22. 66 McKay, Scott
  23. 52 Winchell, Joe
  24. 31 Haddock, Rodney
  25. 49 Gorham, Robert Sr.
  26. 64 Huber, Brent
  27. 22 Cruse, Cameron
  28. 12 Hogan, Scott
  29. 9 Hernandez, Nick
  30. 14 Scott, Sam
  31. 5k Clements, Kristin
  32. 27 Ryan, Tim
  33. 92 Guilbault, Jeff
  34. 99x Penton, Rick
  35. 67 Best, Jimmie
  36. Q Snodgrass, Bobby
  37. 17 Lautiner, Dan
  38. 3b Best, Duane
  39. 33 Thompson, Bubba
  40. 43 Petty, Marina
  41. 75 St. John, Robert
  42. 38 Goddard, Jeremy h

Sorry I forgot to put Randy Lenard on list

You can add Dean Burtrum Deans Tree Service now just give the series a try you might like how it will be run thanks again see you at the races .

The only place to this week BRONSON Speedway !!!

PRO TRUCKS at Bronson Speedway - June 11th, 2016
$1,000 TO WIN - $50 ENTRY FEE
Pit Pass $25/person.
Parking Included.

Payout posted on SouthernProTrucks.com.

[QUOTE=x90 John Sarppraicone;170045]I would like to invite all truck racers to Bronson Speedway to race our event on July 11, give us a try you might like the way it is run ,for any other info call above Bobby Owens I will see you at the races.

1. 59x Monopoli, Becca
  2. 3 Pugh, Derek
  3. 7 Lester, Jason
  4. 50 Anderson, Danny
  5. 44 Lovekady, Chase
  6. 25 McDuffie, Cody
  7. 11 Kohut, Michael
  8. 37 Goddard, Michael
  9. 99 Martell, Cody
  10. 28 Bigley, Corey
  11. 24 Burkhalter, Donnie
  12. 39 Johnson, Phillip
  13. 11c Carlbert, Billy
  14. 5 Carlbert, Cody
  15. 41 Darvalics, Steve
  16. 5x Hartin, Eddie
  17. 36 Chastain, Chad
  18. 74 Murphy, Jessica
  19. 4 Davis, Tyler
  20. 13 Garcia, JR
  21. Q Gamache, Michael
  22. 66 McKay, Scott
  23. 52 Winchell, Joe
  24. 31 Haddock, Rodney
  25. 49 Gorham, Robert Sr.
  26. 64 Huber, Brent
  27. 22 Cruse, Cameron
  28. 12 Hogan, Scott
  29. 9 Hernandez, Nick
  30. 14 Scott, Sam
  31. 5k Clements, Kristin
  32. 27 Ryan, Tim
  33. 92 Guilbault, Jeff
  34. 99x Penton, Rick
  35. 67 Best, Jimmie
  36. Q Snodgrass, Bobby
  37. 17 Lautiner, Dan
  38. 3b Best, Duane
  39. 33 Thompson, Bubba
  40. 43 Petty, Marina
  41. 75 St. John, Robert
  42. 38 Goddard, Jeremy h[/QUOTE]

42 trucks invited, 7 showed up- glad I didn’t drive 2.5 hours to see that.

rest of the car count;
5 E-mods
3 Sportsman
3 Streetstock
6 Purestocks
11 4cyl bombers
7 motorcycle engine cars

doesn’t seem like much has changed (improved) at Bronson from the last few years… how long can this go on?

WOW, talk about being embarrassed… this one takes the cake… not sure what the fix would be, but I guess I’m not the only one in the dark… 47 trucks invited and a single digit showing… shame shame shame… OSF