1. #1 Zack Curtis
  2. #10 Joe Hamilton
  3. #58 James Skinner
  4. #03 Aaron Overman
  5. #00 Matt Thornton
  6. #45 Travis Soukup
  7. #07 Michael Scannell
  8. #21x Mac MacDonald

Good hard racing in all 4 classes tonight!!

Congratulations to Brad May & Bobby Sears, and to Mr. Jim Higginbotham for his good run.

Thanks OldSchool. Still down on motor with these guys, but still having fun out there. It is a hobby to me, not looking for a NASCAR ride at my age. Just having fun and putting it on the trailer in one piece is a win…
-JIM-

So why is there not more cars?
Looking at the west coast and there are posting apx 100 cars last week and the east coast in the 30s.
Whats going on??
Orlando is closed so its not that.
It must be hard to sell a ticket with no cars.
All of the big shows seam to get good car counts.

Don62

Don it makes no scents???

[SIZE=“5”]Don it makes no scents??? The Touring Old Farts Race Fans Group went over to see the Sprints. The track was super clean, with Great food (prices not bad), and the Staff was very friendly. Their back gate was only $25.00 (lowest in the state). The racing was AWESOME (that track is one of the fastest in the country)!!! But the car count was very low in all four classes. I fear the Sport we love is dying. Wish the Trucks could get a race (maybe they could draw 20 plus trucks it would help the formula “Car count = Fan count = Bill board sales”). We need to all pull together or soon we will have nothing the go to. Be glade we don’t own a track I guess. Just doesn’t make any cents (for sure). [/SIZE]:confused::o

I would suggest that Jim H mentioned the challenge the racers face [I]" still down on motor…".

As far as short tracks go, NSS is a big’un, and it does take a lot of motor to pull down those straights.

If a guy does not feel he/she can be competitive, it motivates leaving the car on the trailer for the night.

Sportsman-type cars are the way of the future, the trick is to have both limited expense under the hood, and decent competition on the track.

Additionally, for whatever reason, Central Florida has always had lower car count than Auburndale and the West Coast. Not sure why, but it is the fact, Jack.

Still, New Smyrna is a rock, and I am thankful they are there.

One of the biggest problems at NSS is that the track is fast and when wrecks happen, cars get torn up a lot worse than at smaller tracks. Not saying you can’t bend a clip at other tracks but most of the time at NSS you can guarantee it. Along with more damage to the rest of the car like the body etc…
If you wreck at NSS, 90% of the time you aren’t just banging out sheetmetal or replacing a fender.
The other issue is that NSS is an hour or more from everywhere. It is not set in a small community per se.
Plus they are only running 3 or 4 classes a night now. They had about 10 cars a class this passed weekend. IF they ran 8 or 9 classes like Auburndale or Desoto and had that avg they too would have 80 cars. Plus even 10 cars on the track at NSS is not impressive.
Probably need to go back to 6 or 7 classes a night and hopefully things will get better.

Yeah couple things I see the modified class you got I have a lot of horsepower to compete because of the size of the track so that class ain’t going nowhere as far as growing. should’ve kept the E mod class . another thing is their bomber class thats what they call it now . is not a bomber class should be call run what you Brung those cars are so mixed matched there is no way the race is fair . It’s no wounded there car count is low in that class . compared to what they are running over on the West Coast De Soto nowhere near the same rules check the rules out and see what I mean .

[QUOTE=Bobby Diehl;169763][SIZE=“5”]Don it makes no scents??? The Touring Old Farts Race Fans Group went over to see the Sprints. The track was super clean, with Great food (prices not bad), and the Staff was very friendly. Their back gate was only $25.00 (lowest in the state). The racing was AWESOME (that track is one of the fastest in the country)!!! But the car count was very low in all four classes. I fear the Sport we love is dying. Wish the Trucks could get a race (maybe they could draw 20 plus trucks it would help the formula “Car count = Fan count = Bill board sales”). We need to all pull together or soon we will have nothing the go to. Be glade we don’t own a track I guess. Just doesn’t make any cents (for sure). [/SIZE]:confused::o[/QUOTE]:anim_pound:It’s all about NSS,They DO NOT CARE, if you come or not, and they will tell you that. If you run with big money,they will sweep your pit slab for you, if you ask them too. Other then that, you are nobody. That is the samething that happened at OSW.What do they say…“Too little,Too late”. Sorry but that is the way it has been for years at those two tracks.:anim_pound:

I heard it more then once at Osw in the pits . if you don’t like don’t come .well thats what they did they didn’t come back . and that’s one reason Osw is closed now .

Here we go again…who will say we don’t care if you come or not? Myself, Scott, Ricky, Robert or Jane because that’s all there is. Instead of running your mouth on a message board why don’t you pick up the phone and call one of us?

I’m about done posting results or anything else on here.

Imho…

Well, I for one feel more welcome at NSS than other tracks I’ve been to. Fellow competitors are friendly and helpful, and the staff is always there for questions and answers. Took a little time off last year for another track and it was a mistake on my part.
I do miss the class I could afford though… e mod.
Thank you Kim Brown for all you do and what you are going thru right now. I’ve been there…
-JIM-

Its been said a gazillion times,NSS does not put a lot of stock in the weekly program,the money is in the special events,They have had the same 30-40 lackluster car count for years now…Why do you think the owners of VSP hand the keys over to a lease after speedweeks?