Here's this weeks line up for Racing in the area.

[B][I][SIZE=“5”]Here’s this weeks line up for Racing (asphalt) in the area.
Where are YOU going???
Showtime: Open Wheel Modifieds, Crown Vic Stocks, Street Stocks, Mini Stocks, Mod Mini, Strictly Stocks, Mini Figure 8, Racecars of Yesteryear

Auburndale:Open Wheel Modifieds, All Girl?, Street Stock, Mini Stock, Mod Mini’s, V8 Bombers, Mini Cups,& Scramblers

Bronson: Limited Late Model Sportsman, Pure Socks, Street Stocks, Strictly Stocks, 4/6 Out Laws (SPATS is added on I called at 6:00 this morning)

New Smyrna: Super Late Models, Sportsman, Super Stocks, Bombers

Desoto: Closed
Citrus: Rebuilding
Punta Gorda: Rebuilding[/SIZE][/I][/B]
:huepfen024::sport009::auto003::natur008:
:ernaehrung004:

Well it looks Showtime Wins!!

[SIZE=“5”]Well it looks Showtime Wins!! The Old Farts Traveling Group choose Showtime again. Can’t believe the there are two Open Wheel races within 50 miles of each other. I wished the Tracks could workout scheduling (Showtimes put out their schedule way back in Oct. of 2015). The rest of Showtimes support division always have GREAT RACING!!! And those Racecars of Yesterday give us Old Farts a look back on our Sport!!! Remember support your local Tracks without Fans in the Stands in hard to keep a Track OPEN!!! [/SIZE]:huepfen024::sport009::huepfen024::auto003:
:ernaehrung004:

If they

were smart they would run one early and one late for those who would like to race both places…uh…oh…wait… two different tires. hmmm. nevermind cant afford that!! Dumb#$@$s

NAILED IT… May need another trailer to follow with all the tires also. SMDH :anim_pound:
-Ge Um-

Great minds at work!!!

[SIZE=“5”]Great minds at work!!! How about sending tires to each track so they can run one at 7:00 and haul as… Get a scuff session. And pay a BONUS for running in the top three for entering both races (Moto X points structure)??? Then both Track could possibly get a larger group of cars. Back in the Day: Race Citrus, on to St. Pete and finish at Desoto (change it to Auburndale). Just a thought I know as for the Old Farts Traveling Group would LOVE IT!!![/SIZE]:huepfen024::aktion033::cool::natur008:
:auto003:

If anything gets me out to the track - it will be the Powell Memorial in Kendo’s post!

Friendly advice for the Volusia poster designer…

I can’t read the class names, that font is too busy.

Also, I am not clear if there are features on Friday night. Is it only qualifying and heat races?

Looks like a fun weekend at a great track.

Agreed Bone… I had to go to the website to get the actual schedule of classes.

Why do tracks make their fliers so “busy”? Way too much info in a relatively small space… Took me awhile just to figure out what track it was at…

I remember the old signs that were posted all around Orlando back in the '60s for the old Orlando track, even on telephone poles… This is all they said along with a very generic artist rendition of a race car…

AUTO RACES
FRIDAY NIGHT
ORLANDO RACEWAY
8 BIG RACES
8:30 PM

The place was packed…

[QUOTE=Boneman;170132]Friendly advice for the Volusia poster designer…

I can’t read the class names, that font is too busy.

Also, I am not clear if there are features on Friday night. Is it only qualifying and heat races?

Looks like a fun weekend at a great track.[/QUOTE]

Heats and qualifying on Friday is what I’m reading Bone… ??
I’ll be in the pits with the #59 Perkins LM team.
Always doing the Powell Memorial each year…
-GYM-

I believe it’s qualifying and Heats for LM, heats and Features for Mods and Hobby Stocks on Friday.

Saturday has B-Main and Feature for LM, plus Heats and Features for Limited Lates, Thunder Stocks, and Gladiators.

I went to the last 2 day show, camped out, had a blast.

Weather looking better every day…

[SIZE=“5”]Weather looking better every day for the weekend!!! Robert has a spotter stand on the back stretch that makes it above the fence. The Old Farts Traveling Fan Group watches next to it. Man what a GREAT view. Hope to see everyone there. Only 1 day left of Teaching and only two days till the Race Day!!! Man it doesn’t get a better than THIS!![/SIZE]:auto003::natur008::huepfen024::aktion033::slight_smile:

WOW,people will even complain about a flyer these days,
Unlike assphalt tracks,at least they post the purse.Maybe they should have cut the purse and spent more on flyers.

:wink:

SCCA this weekend @ Sebring.
Last time I looked they had 162 cars in 6 run groups.
Ticket price are FREE and BBQ at the track Saturday Afternoon.
Track goes green 8am.

And they Race for just SPORT of it.

[QUOTE=lmracer;170213]SCCA this weekend @ Sebring.
Last time I looked they had 162 cars in 6 run groups.
Ticket price are FREE and BBQ at the track Saturday Afternoon.
Track goes green 8am.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE=“5”]And they Race for just SPORT of it. Just Trophy’s and a good time. Last time the Old Farts Traveling Fan Group went to Sebring there was over 300 Race Cars and most cost more than a starter home. In one class alone 67 Mazda Miata’s. Looks like lot’s of FUN!!! If your not doing anything on Sunday it is totally worth the drive (Oh yeah they race rain or shine)!!! Last day of my 33 years of teaching then “SCHOOLS OUT FOR EVER”!!! Great song from and era that didn’t last long enough. Have a GREAT DAY and see you at the RACES!!! [/SIZE]:huepfen024::huepfen024::huepfen024::sport009:

Hit the nail on the head. I know I would make the attempt…

Congrats on your retirement. Did you teach at Clearwater high in the 80’s

No I was at Hillsborough SHS with David Steele in the 80’s and Aric Armorla in the 98

[SIZE=“5”]No I was at Hillsborough SHS with David Steele in the 80’s and Aric Armorla in the 98 to 2000. Both students assistance’s. We worked on the FASTRUCK’s in class. Great times for sure. Don Garlitz was also at Hillsborough back in the 60’s. The stories were legendary. Had over 200+ student each year. It was great working with the future of our Sport!
[/SIZE]
:huepfen024::huepfen024::huepfen024:
:aktion033::wink:

33 years in the public school system and surviving is something to be proud of. I know what me and my friends put our teachers through even back then. Lol