Wow is this true jimmy cope

Tracks New Smyrna SLM pitroad 2016
Engine Builder Removed From Spec Program After Governor?s Cup
November 16, 2016 ? App, Archives, Late Models, Region - Southeast, Top Stories

Cope Engines and engine builder Jimmy Cope are no longer an approved engine builder for Florida spec engines following a discovery during this past weekend?s Governor?s Cup at New Smyrna Speedway (FL).

Chief Technical Inspector Ricky Brooks and officials from New Smyrna Speedway made the announcement on Wednesday, stating that one of the engines built by Cope Engines did not meet numerous requirement of the spec engine rulebook.

?We?re not playing games with any of those sealed motors; the main focus of this program is maintaining a level playing field,? Brooks said. ?The engine builder asked me to compare my machine to his machine and then once that took place there were washers on the spark plugs to keep the compression down. It just went on from there and we ended up taking the motor, tearing it down and checking it.?

The engine in question was brought to Brooks during the weekend by the engine builder for inspection. During that inspection, it was discovered that the engine did not meet specs and it was confiscated.

As a result of the tear-down and the investigation into the engine by Brooks, Cope is no longer allowed to build, rebuild or participate in the sealed engine program. In addition, none of Cope?s engines are allowed to compete at events that use the Florida spec engine rulebook.

?We must uphold the integrity of this Spec Engine program. From the inception of the it, we have always been made it clear what the penalty would be if this happened,? said Kim Brown, General Manager of New Smyrna Speedway. ?My only concern right now is that we as officials do what we?ve warned people about for years.?

The team to which the engine belonged to, the No. 51 DLP Motorsports team with driver Stephen Nasse, was not penalized and was allowed to swap engines before competing in Sunday?s 200-lap race.

-New Smyrna Speedway Press Release

-Photo credit: Speed51.com

Email, RSS Follow
Governor’s Cup 200New Smyrna SpeedwayRicky Brooks

RELATED POSTS
slm-91-ty-majeski-victory-lane-new-smyrna-gov-cup-2016
SLM: Majeski Takes Rollercoaster Ride to Governor?s Cup Win

November 14, 2016

slm-majeski-fl-gov-cup-new-smyrna-2016
TRACKSIDE NOW: Governor?s Cup ? Sunday Raceday ? New Smyrna (FL)

November 13, 2016

slm-zane-smith-fl-governors-cup-new-smyrna
SLM: Smith Loses Governor?s Cup Pole in Post-Qualifying Tech

November 13, 2016

? Use #SnowballDerby to Follow & Interact About Snowball Derby

cope

he got caught cheating engines when ran ASA series

The Racers Creed!!! “It’s my job to CHEAT!!! And it’s YOUR job to Catch ME!!!”

[B][I][SIZE=“5”]The Racers Creed!!! “It’s my job to CHEAT!!! And it’s YOUR job to Catch ME!!!”
The Engine builders get pressured to support their customers wants to be WINNERS at all COST.

When we started the FASTRUCK’s new Crate Series the builders thought they would all loose their businesses. Thus starting the fake GM seals and the game is the same with sealed engine… They all tell you the customer orders the motors. The only way to control cheating under the hood is the for the racers to lease motors from a Touring Series. And also have a swap between racers based rules. Curly has a wonderful Late Model Series!!!

Another reason for Touring Series to support the local tracks.
Just my two cents!!![/SIZE][/I][/B]:ohmy::dry::anim_pound::blink::anim_buttkick:

They need to pull down one of each builders at least 2 time each year, the problem is they have not been inspecting there motors enough. I hope the other engine builders take note and stop the cheating based on how much do you want to pay for the same quote Spec Motor or by the name on the driver door.

I think your on to something…

[SIZE=“5”]I think your on to something!!! Putting the Spec Motor Builder name next to the Drivers name on the roof. Then if someone is found to be DQ’ed everyone that has the same Builder needs to have their motors checked. Extreme YES,BUT it would really stop the BS of a level playing field. Also BAN the Driver for the rest of the YEAR!!! Extreme YES,BUT cause and effect would sell more tickets at the Front Gate!!! Have it STATED at the start of the 2017 Season… Builders MUST be HELD to the fire!!! Or just run what you got and hope you got enough.[/SIZE]
:ohmy::dry::anim_pound::blink::wink:

just have no motor rules with a claimer then hand out a restrictor plate.

are they going to tear down cars that win every race?

Just for everyone’s information sealed motors have been torn apart and get pulled out and taken to the dyno at least once a year. The sealed engine problem works just fine and we will maintain credibility to the program and the ones involved with it.

Good glad they nailed him cheaters ruin racing fact !! No tomfoolery with the motors good job Ricky .

A situation like this falls right on the racers. With the JCR engines suddenly not allowed, everyone who has one now has to purchase another brand of racing engine plus a spare probably. That’s going to be tough on the teams. And the many existing JCR engines haven’t been found to be illegal, but they’re having to be replaced anyway. Again, it falls on the racers.
I’d be interested to find out what " did not meet numerous requirement of the spec engine rulebook" consists of.
This might be the start of a move away from the "Florida Spec Engine " rules.

The spec motor program has kept many in the game us included. I am sure with our Progressive spec we have a motor that will be competitive at at least half the price of a 9-1 or built motor. Good tech practices at sometimes a pain to deal with are a necessary evil.

[QUOTE=Renegade Racing Fuels;172688]A situation like this falls right on the racers. With the JCR engines suddenly not allowed, everyone who has one now has to purchase another brand of racing engine plus a spare probably. That’s going to be tough on the teams. And the many existing JCR engines haven’t been found to be illegal, but they’re having to be replaced anyway. Again, it falls on the racers.
I’d be interested to find out what " did not meet numerous requirement of the spec engine rulebook" consists of.
This might be the start of a move away from the "Florida Spec Engine " rules.[/QUOTE]

No this isn’t a move away from spec engines and it’s not going to be published what was wrong with engine, it’s really not everyone’s business. The existing motors can by taken to be checked and resealed to help the racer. so how about let us handle that instead of posting what you don’t know and concentrate on selling fuel.

And yet line 5 of the above notice states that " in addition, none of Copes’ engines are allowed to compete at events that use the Florida Spec engine rulebook".
If in fact the notice above is incorrect, and all of the Cope engines simply need to be inspected and resealed to be used, then that’s great for the racers.

Ricky

Do the engines in question run at other tracks or just at NSS ?

Blame lies with the engine builder, and that hurts everyone who has a cope spec engine. Fact is I did everything I was suppose to do as a racer, followed the rules purchased my motor from one on the list. Now it’s not race or pay again to reseal. That just a big negative for everyone.
And these pro late spec motors are so choked down now, the ford crates seem to have a big advantage on every other motor.

Racing 1617, that is a tough deal…

Seems like one set of rules per class would be easier to both enforce and build to.

I understand that there would be some pain up front for those that did not have something close to whatever those rules dictated, but otherwise, it seems like there are difficulties with parity indefinitely.

Hmmm, a small lynch mob in action…

Don’t think he will forget about what you all are saying…could pay negative dividends to you down the road. He isn’t leaving town because of you.

Ricky

let me rephrase my question. Do spec motors run everywhere or only at NSS ?

just curious here

What is the cost of one of those motors?

[QUOTE=Racing 1617;172693]Blame lies with the engine builder, and that hurts everyone who has a cope spec engine. Fact is I did everything I was suppose to do as a racer, followed the rules purchased my motor from one on the list. Now it’s not race or pay again to reseal. That just a big negative for everyone.
And these pro late spec motors are so choked down now, the ford crates seem to have a big advantage on every other motor.[/QUOTE]

You’ll be quite more screwed if you find out yours isn’t legal either, an you had no idea…

oh you can bet the cope engine wasn’t just built illegal for free . the racer who had it knew it was and paid for it. cheated up engine’s cost more to build .