4-17 Southern Speedway

Heard there was a practice at the old Charlotte County Speedway this weekend, does anyone have any info on this or if they have a web site up I could check info on. It sounded like they have stands up and ready to race, I sure missed that place.

It looks like practice is this Saturday from 10:00 AM thru 2:00 PM depending on car count. I’m not sure on admission prices. I saw it on their Facebook page
Hope this helps

Thanks, I guess we will ride up there and see if anything is going on, sure wish they would post something on here and let people know what they are doing

Practice entry is $10 per person, $10 per racecar. There should be a few super late models there tomorrow and I’m sure some other classes as well. Last week had 2 supers, an open wheel modified , street stock and a few others if I remember correctly.

BTW, you can check facebook without logging in, just click the not now and it will move down the page so you can still see the most recent posts: https://www.facebook.com/417SSE/

facebook

going to miss a lot of fans not on facebook . need to advertise in public.

I’m sure it is in the works…from what I’ve seen/heard/read Joe and crew have been very busy so give them some time. They’re doing an awesome job!
Just use the facebook link in the meantine to keep up with what’s going on. It’s a public page so you don’t have to be a member to see it. Link is my above message.

It’s great to see that the first race night is getting closer. If anyone is needing race fuel, all eight Palmdale Oil Company locations have race fuel in stock.

Track will have the OFFICIAL fuel available which is SUNOCO and will be checked at events.

Everyone should be familiar with fuel check procedures in the the rules. Some racers might not realize that with a spec only race fuel, their entire fuel system will need to be drained completely if they used another brand of race fuel the night before, or the weekend before. Any residual race fuel in the cell, mixed with the spec fuel, would make the competitor illegal if the fuel testing is accurate.

This is just sad. Tracks already dictate car rules and tire rules, but if a team tries to save a few bucks by buying their fuel by the drum, you are screwed. Then there are crate motors that run pump gas… SMDH…
-JIM-

ok

[QUOTE=ocalasp76;172859]This is just sad. Tracks already dictate car rules and tire rules, but if a team tries to save a few bucks by buying their fuel by the drum, you are screwed. Then there are crate motors that run pump gas… SMDH…
-JIM-[/QUOTE]we will see how this works out after the post a payout. Will the money be there for the extra work

I said OFFICIAL fuel not SPEC fuel. You can still buy your drum but Rick Williams will sell you a drum also. Minimum purchase on race day mandatory and we will test. Never said it had to be 100% sunoco because it can be tested 3 different ways. We will have 110 and 102. Crates run well on 102 on the dyno and the track . SUNOCO gets you to the winners circle on American Racers…

That’s a good decision. Racers should always have the choice to use the best products at the best prices.

gas it

[QUOTE=Renegade Racing Fuels;172867]That’s a good decision. Racers should always have the choice to use the best products at the best prices.

]If the track didn’t sell fuel most of you would be mad.
There is no money in fuel they do it for you. You might save .25 buy stopping at a station or getting a drum. Then put 10 gal in your trailer and its off to the track. The dot will tell you why you shouldn’t do this. Yep you saved a few bucks and got around another track rule.
The fuel and tire suppliers will sponsor a few things at the track to be the spec tire or fuel.
Give them a break.
Don’t let your greed put all the tracks out .
Now im sure this will crank a few of you poor greedy racers way up…lol
some one has to stand up for the poor failing tracks.

don62

Thanks Don

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;172869][QUOTE=Renegade Racing Fuels;172867]That’s a good decision. Racers should always have the choice to use the best products at the best prices.

]If the track didn’t sell fuel most of you would be mad.
There is no money in fuel they do it for you. You might save .25 buy stopping at a station or getting a drum. Then put 10 gal in your trailer and its off to the track. The dot will tell you why you shouldn’t do this. Yep you saved a few bucks and got around another track rule.
The fuel and tire suppliers will sponsor a few things at the track to be the spec tire or fuel.
Give them a break.
Don’t let your greed put all the tracks out .
Now im sure this will crank a few of you poor greedy racers way up…lol
some one has to stand up for the poor failing tracks.

don62[/QUOTE]

Helping a track out by spending your money there is never a bad thing. And supporting sponsors is also a good thing. But if a racer can get a better product than the track offers, why wouldn’t they. And if the racer can get the best product while saving money too, that’s a no brainer.

Let me also add that i have enormous respect for most race track owners and promoters. I know first hand how tough it is to keep a race track open, even when you’re doing everything right.
The racers, for the most part, are not rolling in money. I can’t fault them for trying to save a dollar Don.
And as far as supporting the tracks or series, sponsors don’t normally require the racers to purchase only their products. Nationwide Insurance doesn’t require the racers to purchase an insurance policy in order to race in the Nationwide Series. Neither does Jegs or Summitt require racers to purchase parts only from them.
This new series will do well, and the lynchpin will be 4-17 Speedway. Just don’t fault the racers for trying to keep racing.

This is the single stupidest thing that Florida tracks have such a boner for. What good does it do to say that the racers can buy a drum if you’re going to force them to buy fuel on race day?

:thumbdown:

[QUOTE=luke81;172878]This is the single stupidest thing that Florida tracks have such a boner for. What good does it do to say that the racers can buy a drum if you’re going to force them to buy fuel on race day?

:thumbdown:[/QUOTE]

In most cases, the tracks have a mandatory race fuel purchase of either 5 or 10 gallons of the track fuel per night. The racer is free to use any brand of fuel in addition to that mandatory purchase. Fuel checks in tech normally use color to determine if the fuel is legal. For instance, if the official or mandatory fuel is blue, then the fuel sample taken in tech must also be blue. Most top race fuel manufacturers use very similar colors, so a 110 race fuel from one manufacturer will be very similar in color to another brand. One or two companies also add markers to their fuel so it’s use can be verified. But again, as long as the mandatory purchase of the official fuel is made, the markers will show up and any other brand would still be legal.
So the racer is free to purchase a drum of the best fuel, or the least expensive fuel, as long as he makes the mandatory purchase.