NSS World Series Purses

I was looking at the info for the upcoming World Series and I noticed that NSS has boosted the purses for all divisions across the board with a few minor exceptions. Big shout-out to Kim and everyone at NSS for doing this! Hopefully this will lead to stronger car counts for this years running of the World Series. Wish I could be there but looking forward to watching on FansChoice.TV!

http://www.newsmyrnaspeedway.org/world_series/2017_WS_Payouts.pdf

That is a really good purse!

I’m normally not one to bash too much, but with is being $30 to get into the grandstands and $40 to get into the pits most nights…it seems that the purse increase was well deserved.

I was going to come on Sunday night after racing at Auburndale during the day…but I’ll save my $50. That’s outrageous.

???

Sportsman 50 paying more than a Mod 75 ? Hey I like sportsman too…but

Anyways good luck to the Florida guys in all the races.

[QUOTE=racin24dev;173534]I’m normally not one to bash too much, but with is being $30 to get into the grandstands and $40 to get into the pits most nights…it seems that the purse increase was well deserved.

I was going to come on Sunday night after racing at Auburndale during the day…but I’ll save my $50. That’s outrageous.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that the ticket prices are steep but they’ve been at this price for at least 10 years (I think they went up $5 at one point).

If they were 1/2 or 2/3 the price I would definitely go 2 or 3 nights during Speed Weeks, but limit myself to just one due to the high price. They are usually packed every night though so it’s working for them

$5 to $9 more for stands at Volusia and it’s 5 to 6 times more to win the main class each night ($7000 to $10,000). The math at NSS does not compute.

It is interesting that there are more Tour modifieds pre-entered than either pro lates or super lates.

If they get more than 20, doesn’t Ryan get a free dinner or something from shortracker?

I’m holding it to him and then he will really have reason not to like me lol.

He gets a $20 bill from me too

hey Ryan I have no problem with you at all. your doing great job announcing. But when it comes to racing I will say what’s on my mind . because like a lot I have watched it go down the drain . and it didn’t have too . and I have never had a problem talking to anybody on hear. the sportsman class has a better class all year . the big car count for mods will be speed weeks .

if they want to fix the mods what they should do is go to the 604 crate motors and keep it sealed. do away with a the big motors that most cant afford anyway . they would have bigger car counts at new Smyrna . FACT and tighter racing . remember this is about saving the tracks and racing . just like the bomber class with front wheel drive we have to move forward . what do you think Boneman?

Wasnt that really what the failed e-mod was all about?

E-Mods

[QUOTE=bubba;173653]Wasnt that really what the failed e-mod was all about?[/QUOTE]The E-Mod class was dropped too soon. There was more guys waiting to see if it would take off, while riding around in the back of the open group, making it seem like the open class had more cars. “hey look at me, I go fast and turn left. But I will never win.” And that is what happened to the E-Mods at NSS. I had big hopes for the class. Was sad when they where dropped. Once again the few with money, set the rules. Just like Nascar. Oh yea NSS is Nascar. what was I thinking. Maybe someday,they will return to the high banks. Stranger things have happened over the years, so let’s not give up hope! Hope eveyone has a Great Time for SpeedWeek where ever you may go. Have fun and be safe.
:ohmy:

[QUOTE=Phil Jacques;173524]I was looking at the info for the upcoming World Series and I noticed that NSS has boosted the purses for all divisions across the board with a few minor exceptions. Big shout-out to Kim and everyone at NSS for doing this! Hopefully this will lead to stronger car counts for this years running of the World Series. Wish I could be there but looking forward to watching on FansChoice.TV!

http://www.newsmyrnaspeedway.org/world_series/2017_WS_Payouts.pdf[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder. Waiting for the stream!

Edit: Thanks to whoever pays the bills for this because it’s awesome!

The e- mod class was pulled because the top 3 mods complained and convinced NSS that if they canceled the e mod class. they would switch back to big motor mod well it didn’t happen the Emods guys sold the mods and some took their motors and switched to sportsman class that’s why it grew so fast . The last Emods race at Orlando had 19 cars . Funny you had a big motor class with 5/6 cars .and the Emods had 19. Cars and so they cancel the class with the most cars .you can’t make this stuff up .

Doesn’t look like the purses helped… car counts are anemic at best… 20 Super Lates? They used to have 20 cars NOT QUALIFY for the feature! 16 Pro Lates… 20 Sportsman (and I think about a third of those are owned by Jim Daley) and a whopping 15 Trucks and about half the field went out with crash damage… Hope things get better for the fans during the rest of the week…

One upside is that there appears to be a bigger field of Tour Mods this year… If 18-20 show, the racing for that class should be great… Regular Mod field looks to be way short…

Pretty decent 28 entries for the K&N race on Sunday… Hoping Anthony Sergi has a good run… he’s a fine young man! Will be interesting to see how many Sprints show up… Of course, with Boneman in the field, the fans should easily get their money’s worth!

Great coverage on “Trackside Now” from Speed51… Great for those of us who can’t make it this year…

Wow car counts low. It’s been Trickelling down over the years . Just cost to much for most .

I read in another thread that they still may be thrashing to get ready for 2017
:blink:

24 tour mods tonight. There were no SK mods mixed in either, 24 cars and they had a very entertaining 50 lapper tonight.

The SLM field was full of talent, but as I recall, it was just a car or two short of 24. Yep, at last more mods than SLM. Did I hear something about a wager?