Danica is out of the kitchen and into the Dental chair!!!!

what NASCAR “needs”

IMO, NASCAR is ironically scratching the surface of “what they need”.

And that is (drum roll please):

>I do not like 1.5 mile tracks. I do not like restrictor plates. BUT, the All Star race @ Charlotte was the best event there in memorable history. I would have held a meeting and informed the owners and crew chiefs that they would be run again this weekend, but of course, that is way too timely for NASCAR.

And if they work at Charlotte, they will work at 80% of the rest of the boring big ovals.

>Glue on the bottom. When it is there at Bristol, the racing is good. When it goes away, not so much. The stages should correspond to the de-glue point, and more glue applied as is appropriate. This is also a no brainer.

After that, the deal just needs to downsize to be profitable at whatever point the spiral stops and the revenue stream is known.

>And that may mean smaller venues with smaller grandstands.

Those three things will largely do it, and I would enthusiastically support all three.

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;176835]IMO, NASCAR is ironically scratching the surface of “what they need”.

And that is (drum roll please):

>I do not like 1.5 mile tracks. I do not like restrictor plates. BUT, the All Star race @ Charlotte was the best event there in memorable history. I would have held a meeting and informed the owners and crew chiefs that they would be run again this weekend, but of course, that is way too timely for NASCAR.

And if they work at Charlotte, they will work at 80% of the rest of the boring big ovals.

>Glue on the bottom. When it is there at Bristol, the racing is good. When it goes away, not so much. The stages should correspond to the de-glue point, and more glue applied as is appropriate. This is also a no brainer.

After that, the deal just needs to downsize to be profitable at whatever point the spiral stops and the revenue stream is known.

>And that may mean smaller venues with smaller grandstands.

Those three things will largely do it, and I would enthusiastically support all three.[/QUOTE]

OS, I agree with all you points except the glue. I think they need rock-hard tires with no grip that wear forever, thus cutting tire costs, and slowing the cars down, which always make the racing better.

PS- Danica-I have been in an actual driver’s meeting and competed against her in an actual race, and in my opinion, good riddance!

Joe, on the whole I agree with your “hard tire” thoughts.

The idear was to make the bottom groove “the” groove, so they are not spread out all over the place.

Danica is DONE!

So, miss Patrick appears to have lost it and ended her final race at Indy prematurely.

Apparently it was pushing, she lifted, and then when she got back into it, the car “came around”, and of course, knocked important parts off.

Her take “I’m not really sure what happened.”

Then I came across this little report:

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/danica-patrick-final-race-indianapolis-500-14602845?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&yptr=yahoo

It would appear that Jacko was more correct on this deal than I was…

I dunno, though. I give it 50/50 that she will be back in Indy cars in '19. Pro: The glory and limelight. Con: Probably tired of hitting walls.