Pro Lates at Bronson Speedway

Bronson Speedway has added Pro Late Models to the 2017 schedule. Four 25 lap events paying $500.00 to win on 3/11 4/8 4/29 and 5/20. We would love to see you race the high banks at Bronson Speedway and build this class up. 352-486-4998 Please let us know if you would be interested in racing on these dates. Thank you

Beware… the only purse promised is the $500… they’re gonna make the rest up as they go depending on how many entries.

I appreciate that, but I don think there are many people left racing for a check. I am glad that someone else is giving the class a chance to race.

It appears 4-17 Speedway in Punta Gorda has plans to have the Pro Lates in a couple of weeks also.Check their schedule out if you haven’t already.

What? are you serious? Post the payout for fuck sakes…
apparently you haven’t been to any dirt track races lately.
Payout=Car count=Fans in the stands

Or how about this; pay $700 to win with a decent payback through the field and see what your car count is.
Then come on here and tell us pay out doesn’t matter.

This attitude is why you will never get the car count and fans that will make your track successful.
But whatever, carry on…:ernaehrung004:

Scott you sound like me… Good thing you’re not living in the nawth! Nobody would listen lol

Well first off Scott, not sure why you so angry at a hobby. Second I have no association with any track, other than New Smyrna is like 30 minutes away and consider it our home track. Third I’ve been to and raced a lot of dirt tracks, its the same everywhere. Good years and bad years.

Never said the money doesn’t help but it’s not the reason guys race anymore at this level.

Or I must be wrong, and you should share your success with everyone on how your making money racing and being competitive.

Take a second and look at this… This is a great example of good pay.

Car counts rarely drop below 20 per division here… Take care of your drivers, and they will take care of you. I personally would rather go where a track treats me well as a racer rather than the track that pays the best. Fortunately here, my closest track to me does both. It’s common business sense. Keep your customers happy, and they will come back time and time again. Cars in the pits = fans in the stands. People want to see a race, not 4 cars time trialing 1/4 track apart from each other. :blink:

But what do I know :dry:

Remember when tracks put together the best rules and purse packages to have all the cars and fans they could? Now everyone wants choices and same rules so they can travel. So, who really created the current monster?

That monster was created when every single track owner decided Saturday night was the ONLY time to hold a race.

Another problem almost unique to Fla.
We’ve got 3 days per weekend to choose from, several opportunities to race on Holiday weekends…
Yet… Saturday it is. 14 tracks to choose from, as ling as its Saturday.
You could buy a Model T Ford in any color you’d like… as long as it was black.

Gentleman and i say that loosely…People work friday’s they rest on Sunday’s.
Saturday’s are the most logical time to race,that being said.(long weekend’s)
all of sudden tracks are going to stop scheduling on top of one another,i seriously
doubt it. These retard’s could have a five day weekend,and they would fuhk it up
Next: racing has alway’s been about the potential of earning your out put back
Bronson yes you…Lawyers and doctors and the like that buy ex formula one cars
and rent road america for the weekend are hobbyists…we are not,post the complete payout with a fuhking cherry on top

Citrus County Speedway decided that posting the purse was important enough that it’s on their web site for every show. As it should be for all tracks and all events. It just makes sense for the racers to be able to calculate their winnings vs their expenses in advance.

People in the rest of the country don’t work Friday’s?

Phil & Scott:

If you were a promoter, and for whatever reasons and/or mistakes, for years things have been in a state of decline at your track.

Now, your attendance is down (both gates) and your deal is close to break even. Let’s say you are working a day job to pay your personal mortgage.

How would you proceed?

This isn’t supposed to be inflammatory, that scenario may come up sometime & perhaps your suggestions would be helpful.

I am thinking run a few lower classes with maybe Sportsman as the top class, and pay well throughout the field.

As things improve, elevate the class level and payouts accordingly.

As a fan… I wouldn’t cross the street for a program that featured entry level classes. An exception could come into a play if their Sportsman class regularly had over 20 cars, and ran heats.
I love RACE CARS… not street cars with bashed out windows and duct tape numbers.
You have to have something with both horsepower, and eye appeal.
I don’t claim to know the right answers, but MANY pockets around the country don’t have the same issues we have here… too many divisions, all with different rules from track to track… Saturday racing is your ONLY option… tracks that schedule on top of each other…
I could go on and on with the difference between Fla and everywhere else.

Frasson,

Oh, I agree.

And I might drive right by a track with entry level classes to go to St Pete.

But what do you think Joe Local would prefer to see-- a track with 3-5 strung out cars per 6 or so classes, or 10+ in three?

If there is limited purse fundage, that may be the choice for the track.

And from the track’s point of view, which do you think will most quickly increase the ticket sales at both gates?

[QUOTE=Frasson118;174019]As a fan… I wouldn’t cross the street for a program that featured entry level classes. An exception could come into a play if their Sportsman class regularly had over 20 cars, and ran heats.
I love RACE CARS… not street cars with bashed out windows and duct tape numbers.
I don’t claim to know the right answers, but MANY pockets around the country don’t have the same issues we have here… too many divisions, all with different rules from track to track… Saturday racing is your ONLY option… tracks that schedule on top of each other…
I could go on and on with the difference between Fla and everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

My Streetstock had over 400hp and my numbers were decals. Lol. Though it was a stock body. The sportsman class with all of the wedge and fabricated bodies need to come back though.

[QUOTE=Frasson118;174019]As a fan… I wouldn’t cross the street for a program that featured entry level classes. An exception could come into a play if their Sportsman class regularly had over 20 cars, and ran heats.
I could go on and on with the difference between Fla and everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

You would be hard pressed to find more competitive, more action filled and more REAL racing than a Street Stock division ANYWHERE in the country. The more expensive the cars are, the worse they race generally.

Speed and Grip doesn’t always equal good racing…