Dave Steele loses life in crash at Desoto

A National Story about our local Hero!!!

A National Story about our local Hero!!!

BREAKING: Famous Race Car Driver Tragically Killed In Accident During Race, Please Pray For His Family

[B][I][SIZE=“5”]Today, the sport of racing is mourning the loss of a great driver. While you may not necessarily have heard of him, he was considered to be among the greatest, alongside Jeff Gordon, Dale Earhardt Jr., and Jimmie Johnson.

David Steele died on Saturday when his vehicle ran off the track during a race in Florida and slammed into a wall. It is unclear exactly what injuries resulted in his death.

Steele was driving a sprint car when the left front wheel struck the wheel of another vehicle, sending Steele?s car flying and spinning into the air before it hit the retaining wall, according to the Associated Press.

Emergency officials attempted to treat the driver, but Steele was pronounced dead at the scene. Kasey Kahne responded to a tweet that called Steele ?one of the best to ever do it.? Kahne wrote: ?Totally agree. One of the best and such a good guy to hang out and have a beer with. Praying for his family.?

Driver Michael James Lewis also honored Steele in Tweet.

?RIP TO THE GREATEST DRIVER I HAVE EVER KNOWN. DAVE STEELE, YOU ARE FOREVER THE GREATEST IN MY BOOK I love you,? Lewis wrote.

Will you please pray for his family?

David was a National Hero to race Fans every where. RIP David!!! Please Pray and support his young Family!!![/SIZE][/I][/B]