A good way to close a racetrack

Bob with all due respect

My dad always told me you can’t put a sugar coating on a crap filled donut and expect it to taste like the best thing you ever ate.The way I see it there are four different ways for me to be part of the solution. Pump a half million into the purse to bring guys back or build a dozen cars for each class are the first two.Which unfortunately I don’t have deep enough pockets to do.The third one is pay for a ticket and bring other paying customers with me which I had done up to earlier this year.Now that ship has sailed.The fourth is give them an attaboy and lie about how I feel.Which I won’t do.Regardless it won’t really matter at this point because as you and someone else so aptly put it simply don’t go which I guess is where it’s at now.Call me a prick I really don’t care I’m a big boy and I have my big boy undies on.I will be somewhere in the stands come Saturday it just won’t be in Bradenton.Once again if I were truly leading a campaign to close the place I would be on here everyday saying something bad about the place but I’m not.I will give credit where credit is due but not where it isn’t. I would really like to see the place turn around so this WILL be my last posting on the subject but they have also got the last dollar from me and the people I bring.

“They Schedule a race and cars either come or they don’t! No track has any control over that!”– flvid

True, but they do not have to schedule that class again.

Remember, NASCAR post-factory-sponsorship in the 60s, INDYCAR post CART, and US sports car racing post Gentilozzi’s IMSA–each came up with their own class of affordable race cars, specifically to ensure a decent field of cars.

And each succeeded.

I think all parties involved have had a hand in the impending demise of short track racing. The car owners and drivers for sure, of which I have been one. I have seen over the years that they will lobby to have the next greatest invention made legal to run. I never understood that, as that almost always leads to increased cost, which chases some guys off. The tracks, for allowing it to happen, and in some cases being the initiator. For what it costs to run and even be somewhat competitive in Pro or Super Late now, I am surprised there are as many cars still running as there are. In my opinion, the ABC body deal is ridiculous. Having short track cars that bang off each other running local races measured with Referees and templates is just too much to ask of the hobby racer. It certainly was the single biggest reason I sold mine. The way the racers look at the situation, the only way the car counts could increase significantly would be if the payout was high enough to ensure you could get a good bit of your money back. I just don’t see that happening.