DeSoto closing...

Due to unforeseen circumstances, hot and rainy weather conditions, minor repairs, updating a schedule that works for Desoto, the speedway will be closed till September 9th. We regret any inconvenience but feel it is the best decision for the speedway to regroup during the hot, rainy summer and come back strong for September. We appreciate all the drivers and fans that have supported us and ask for your patience through this summer break and hope to see you back in September. We will still have track rentals or tires sales, you can contact the speedway if interested. Continue to follow our Facebook page and website for any updates.
Thank you, have a good summer, see you in September.
Dennis Meyer
Speedway Owner

Ladies and Gentlemen

Please welcome back your favorite track owner

THE KING

Big John

and the track goes on…:anim_buttkick:

[QUOTE=Pun33;175049]Ladies and Gentlemen

Please welcome back your favorite track owner

THE KING

Big John

and the track goes on…:anim_buttkick:[/QUOTE]

Ladies and Gentlemen
Let’s bring back the real king of Desoto Speedway Tom Stimus:auto003:

Sorry to hear this. That track has such a good layout and is great fun to drive on. I’ll be on the lookout for the grand re-opening, and hopefully I’ll be able to support it by bringing a car.

Closing during the summer is an excellent idea in Florida as the heat, humidity and rain all work against the promoter and contestants. There are a few tracks with excellent support regardless but the others could use the respite to their advantage.I do not view it as a sign of weakness. North Florida closes formost of the summer as well.

FYI everyone 4-17 and Auburnale are doing the same thing, this was decide by all 3 tracks earlier in the year, it seems there is some confusion that Desoto is closing for good, as far as I know it is not & Denny still has the track

LOL,tracks up north rain out more than they do down here.If you have 100 cars in the pits and a few thousand fans in the stands weekly,you do everything you can to get the show in.

I just have two questions. The first one is,Is September really any cooler or drier in Florida than July or August ? All three feel like a preview to hell to me.The second one is for Rick Anges.According to the posted schedule on Desoto’s website they were only planning on running a bi weekly schedule through those two months anyway.But why did you post it as closing instead of canceling? Just find the wording odd if it’s only postponing dates.

Because they are closing for the summer.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, hot and rainy weather conditions, minor repairs, updating a schedule that works for Desoto, the speedway will be closed till September 9th.

I guess that explains that then.Dog races anyone?

I could be coerced to put old video up every week!

The dog just won’t let me get wheels on it.