Clyde Hart Memorial at New Smyrna

Jeff Choquette wins. David Green is second. Michael Atwell is third.

Those were the results, but let me tell you that was a hell of a race!

Lots of passing people going from back to front, front to back etc. Choquette earned it - hell Rogers had a shot towards the end. It was damn entertaining in front of a packed house. Not a huge field, but really tight in terms of competition. Ankrum roared out to a big lead, but wore his stuff out doing it. The guy with the best showing in my mind was Michael Atwell, he was bad fast but looked like he wasnt quite sure how to execute the pass on the faster cars. I will root for him going forward.

And man it is time for Russ Shaw to hang it up or move down to a class he is competitive in. Passed nearly every three laps. Causes the leaders to check up if they are two wide. Cmon man!

Sportsmen were awesome too! Great car count and race there. Sean Bass is just untouchable now.

My dad got in free for being a veteran and we both got cowboy hats - good time NSS!

Agreed! The SLM race could have been a parade with not enough cars, BUT it was very competitive and entertaining. Loved it!

Great night at NSS. The Sportsman and Late model features were very exciting. Lots of passing, drama, and some good wrecks. Plus the ticket price was very reasonable.

Masterful driving by Jeff Choquette and great run by David Green. Who is that guy?? Tyler Ankrum and Michael Atwell put on a show too. Not sure why one was sent to the rear though because the bump didn’t look intentional to me.

Congratulations to Jeff Choquette and the Jet team on a well deserved Clyde Hart Memorial win. The support races were also great.
Thank you to Robert Hart and the entire team at NSS for keeping the tradition alive.

Heard it was a great show, my old Boss from Vero took a trip up. Hadn’t been to NSS since he quit racing in 1998! Well, now he want’s to drive again lol

It was a great night of racing for sure! But David Green did have a good showing but didn’t have to blatantly take some out and destroy someone’s car! I know the car owner Justin Drawdy wouldn’t drive someone like that! Track should have parked him!

[QUOTE=Renegade Racing Fuels;175124]Congratulations to Jeff Choquette and the Jet team on a well deserved Clyde Hart Memorial win. The support races were also great.
Thank you to Robert Hart and the entire team at NSS for keeping the tradition alive.[/QUOTE]

stop calling everyone who is not a Lm a support class…

“Stop calling everyone who is not a Lm a support class…”--BTM

Seems like whatever has the most laps and the most money is the “headliner” division and by default everything else is a support division.

Sometimes a support division provides the best racing. And sometimes a support division becomes the headliner class.

“Sean Bass is just untouchable now.”–bubba

Sean and crew work hard to be as quick as they are. They will have to keep working hard to continue to be fast in relation to the rest of the field. No doubt they know that.

I always thought that too, and I pretty much always have been in support divisions except on those nights when your the highest division then you’re the headliner. But I never took it as a slight. One could argue which race cars are highest on the food chain all day.

Any class that’s not a super late model, tour mod, or sk mod is a support class :waffen093:

I think old school and lurkin have the best take on it.Call the other divisions what you may but down here in Florida every division ends up being the headliner at some point since no track runs any of the bigger money divisions on a weekly basis like they do up north.I’m sure Renegade wasn’t trying to slight anybody just trying to generalize to be brief.A lot of people would leave before a v8 bomber race and call it " the junker race" but since that’s what I ran I wouldn’t ever do either.And I’m sure a guy who’s only raced mini stocks for example, feels the same way.