You won't believe who has a bounty on his head this time at Citrus County Speedway

There’s another bounty hunter event on tap at Citrus County Speedway this coming Saturday, July 29th.

This time it’s none other than Mysterious Randy the phenom Fan Participation Race driver with his super fast 2016 Cadillac. He’s taken on all comers including a Corvette ZO6, Dodge Charger Hemi, Mercedes Benz, Chrysler 300 and whopped them all handily taking home an easy $100 every week.

Well he’s got a bounty on his head this week of an additional $100 which was put up by the speedway and Advanced Towing Service of Inverness. Who knows, even more bounty cash may be added by race time.

Is there anyone who can beat Mysterious Randy? Come on out to CCS and give it a try. There is no entry fee and you may go home with the money, trophy and the dubious honor of being the man or woman who finally stopped the streak of Mysterious Randy.

Mysterious Randy.jpg

It was always a “mystery” to me what a guy would tell his insurance and/or finance companies when he incurred about $10k damage at a short track.

I believe I would later drive it into a guardrail somewhere and then contact the authorities.

Hey, one could have two “accidents” in one night…

[QUOTE=OldSchool+;175346]It was always a “mystery” to me what a guy would tell his insurance and/or finance companies when he incurred about $10k damage at a short track.

I believe I would later drive it into a guardrail somewhere and then contact the authorities.

Hey, one could have two “accidents” in one night…[/QUOTE]

You are assuming it would be drivable after the race. A few years back a guy put his Mark 3 Conversion truck in the turn 3-4 wall at Ocala (asphalt). He not only hit the wall, he climbed it and came down hard. He was found to be drunk and it was his wife’s truck, and she was at work at the time.
A cop overheard him say he was going to report it stolen. The cop said “you better not”. A few weeks later a guy put a brand new Corvette in the back stretch wall. Destroyed it. Ocala was a tricky egg shaped track.
Sure miss that track…
-JIM-

And I was at East Bay the night the guy flipped his old truck and dumped about 20 gallons of fuel on the front stretch and just about got himself killed. These stupid antics are going to backfire real bad on a track one day.

I saw a guy run a nice 68 black grand prix at Bithlo.

He won a elimination round or two, then in the final pancaked the thing hard into the turn three wall–and never lifted. He just stayed in it and bounced along the wall all the way down the front stretch.

The car was done, and he lost.

And we all have more stories…

Sometimes I think to myself “Am I going to regret this later? And if so, maybe I should think about it now…”. I call it “hindsight in advance”.
I think other folks call it foresight, but I never had much of that…

At any rate, another Public Service Announcement from the friendly folks at KARNAC.

I have told this on here before but here goes.Back in the late 70s my old home track Columbus motor speedway in Ohio got the brilliant idea of doing the spectator races in the opposite direction. One little detail they overlooked was to close the pit exit gate.A guy took his fairly new ride and drove it right through the turn two pit gate and deposited it right on top of late model driver Ted Johnson’s car hauler that he had just brought to the track for the first time. ( previously Teddy had used an old gutted out school bus as a hauler) smashing the right front of the hauler and right side of the cab as it piggy backed cross ways.Pretty much used the guys street car up AND cost the Speedway to fix the damage on Ted’s hauler.Needless to say they never ran them backwards of the track again. Seemed like a good idea I guess.

Lets not forget September 2014 at Bronson Speedway. The loosing fan came out of turn 4 and lost control of his truck, steered to miss the wall, and ran over the flagman in the infield. He was probably dead when ejected out from under the rear of the truck. Can’t remember his name, but he was the flagman for TBARA at the time. Sad day.
-JIM-

bud howell