It's been 6 years...

I lost my best friend…

Six years…and no one has replaced Jack on a statewide level. He certainly filled his niche well and benefitted our sport.

I liked him! We would debate, argue & disagree, but when we would meet face to face it was always cordial and fun. Ultimately we were on the same team: to love and care for racing.

Does anybody have a racing radio/internet show anymore? I have not heard one for years.

radio

[QUOTE=Boneman;175421]Six years…and no one has replaced Jack on a statewide level. He certainly filled his niche well and benefitted our sport.

I liked him! We would debate, argue & disagree, but when we would meet face to face it was always cordial and fun. Ultimately we were on the same team: to love and care for racing.

Does anybody have a racing radio/internet show anymore? I have not heard one for years.[/QUOTE]

Sure miss him also. when it got quit he would call me to come and get every ones blood going. It would be nice to do one more time with the bone and his friend.

don62

It was a tough, visionary, job to put up this F’n place on the internets when he did. It was crazy sometimes at first, like the wild wild west, I’m sure he had a whole bunch of headaches because of this place. :slight_smile: RIP

l had someone mention a few weeks ago about Karnac being so laid back and not exciting like back in Jack Smith’s day… I agreed, we had lots of fun on this board… getting everyone’s blood pressure up a few points and just cutting up… miss those days… myself and one other (can’t think of his name) would raise hell with each other (planned attacks) just to keep things exciting. I guess we all just got old and don’t have the energy to entertain as we once did… OSF

I remember those days too. Wonder what happened to him?
Maybe his wife took his 'puter away when she seen something fishy there.:anim_pound: :natur008:
Awwww memories…
-Ge Um-

In honor of Jack I think we all should make some effort to bringing this board back to life… It was always fun to check in for the first time each day and see around 20 new posts or responses to previous posts, old photos and just good, plain fun stuff… I’ll put myself, Boneman and OSF in charge of this! I’ll be scanning some old stuff and will try and put it on here today…

old days

well I think I like it like it is. its nice now. got ride of those trouble makers and I alwase hated the cry babies
anyway. At the time I could do nothing but bite my lip and now there gone.
The bathroom wall has turned into the baby changing room.
I think a radio show with me and Jerry would get some spark back into the board. This time I would not worry about what the other tracks would think about what I said and at 70 yrs old Jerry and I could close the show with a arm wrestiling comp. What ya think.
ill ask Tuna to buy my gas. Heck he will drive me down there for this show.

Hows that

don62