OSW - Great show last night!

For those of you who missed the action at OSW last night this was a GREAT night of racing. Not only did the modifieds have some great action, but the Superstock, Super Lates and Sportsman races were action packed as well.

Bobby Joe Woodley showed some speed last night in the 98 modified but got too aggressive and got sent back to the pack for tangling with the 30 car in an attempt to pass for the lead.

Shortly thereafter while trying to pass the #8 (Randy Froehlich) low he got loose and spun in to the grass. About 5 car lengths later, for no explained reason, the #8 also spun in to the grass. As far as I could tell there was no contact between the 2 cars, but Randy thinks he might have been helped.

For some reason this did not bring out a caution. Agreed there were only 2 laps to go, and only 5 cars total on the track, but most of us in the pit stands were looking at each other, saying “no caution? WHY???”

As fast and slippery as modifieds are, this incident needed a caution.

Other classes:
Patrick Conrad got past the 1 and the 88 early in the Super Lates and held on to the lead throughout the race. That guy is just plain FAST.

There were 20 or so supers and 13 sportsman. For some reason Dave Westerman is only listing 15 Superstocks on the Speedworld site, but there were more than that. Maybe some were not FASCAR members?

Matt Reynolds made his debut in the 77 Super Stock and he was a blast to watch. Lee Wagner made some “Jeff Gordon Talladega” moves to get to the front of the pack (lol he’s pissed I called them that) and he won the race, protecting his points lead.

The #3 (James Frisbee) was driving around dragging the right front fender for most of the race, when he got sandwiched into the wall in a big pile up in turn 1. He was hit from behind by Ron Macreary in the 24pk car, but there were four or five cars who pushed Ron up into him. One of those “OH MY GOD EVERYBODY IS CHECKING UP” deals.

The sportsman class had a lot of action, too. I was watching Whitney Poole (who was moving pretty well last night) and Justin Reynolds battle it out. Whitney suddenly came down the track and bumped Justin in turn 4. Reason unexplained and Whitney says she lost her brakes as a result of this incident.

Justin tried to continue around the track but it was not to be. He left the track during the ensuing caution with what appeared to be a steering problem.

Andy “Dr. Boom” Nicholls ran out of time, and Jason Foster held him off for his first Sportsman win in the #49.

All of it was exciting to watch. Got my money’s worth last night!

Fri night at OSW

It was a good night of racing but what would short track be without controversy?
I won’t comment on the rest but I just want to say one thing about the mod race.
Unfortunately the 98 did get the 8 barely on the left rear nerf bar as he spun.It was not intensional as he was trying to pass on the inside and spun.I was in the 8 mods pit afterwards and saw the tire mark on the bar.Thats just hard racing no more.:auto003: