Jacob Hawkins runs last points race in Tucson Arizona Modified Midgets

On Nov 10 2007 Jacob Hawkins would take the last run of the2007 season in the #28 Modified Midget, at Tucson?s USA Raceway. Hawkins would start his heat race in the 2nd row inside, with the green flag waving the top three would set a blistering pace. Hawkins would have a fierce battle for second position; He would finish the heat race in 3rd.

Hawkins would find himself starting 4th row outside, Hawkins was looking to have another good finish to round out his year, with this being the last run of the 2007 season points race. Hawkins would take the green flag, and the race was already turning into a very fast paced high intensity race. With all the other drivers trying hard to get some there best finishes, and to possibly move themselves up in the points standings for the year.

Hawkins would find himself racing behind two cars that where battling very hard for 6th and 7th position, Hawkins would jump to the outside of those two cars to make the pass, Hawkins would have a lot of ground to make up. Hawkins would make it up to 5th before the checkered flag flew.

Hawkins was quoted to saying, I didn?t want to tear up the car on the last race, those guys in front of me where really fighting for position. The longer I stayed behind them the further away the leaders got, I didn?t know if I would be able to catch them once I got around the two cars that where battling for position.
WWW.jacobhawkins.com

And this has to do with Florida racing becauseā€¦?