floridastockcars.com is now www.floridaracinghistory.com/Eddie Roche's Books

Now the web site truly reflects its purpose… I’d like to thank everyone who has contributed so far… there is A LOT of work ahead…
Thanks also to our three new sponsors who came on board at Speedworld yesterday… Fleetwing (Jared and Pedie Allison), Jarrett Stump Grinding of Orlando (Dave Jarrett), and Orlando Special Effects (Andy Nicholls)… Together I hope we can continue to preserve Florida’s racing history…

Also, Eddie Roche has informed me that he still has several copies of his book Florida Motorsports Retrospective Vol. 2 available… Just e-mail me at announcerdave@usa.net and I’ll help you get in touch with him… You will also be able to directly purchase the books from our web site in the near fute… More good news from Eddie too… He is having a second edition of Vol. 1 printed and bound… hopefully ready by later this year…

www.floridaracinghistory.com

Yes, I was sort-of wondering of Mr. Roche and his two books, how much they would or would not be somewhat involved with the new site. Glad his efforts are not being cast aside, as I’m sure there would have been plenty of plaglarism if not included.
My first Volume Edition is falling to pieces, as it has been referenced time and again–more worn out than, (fill in the blank).
R.

Hey Roger, have been missing you at the races buddy!! Eddie Roche and I are working real close on helping each other… He gets to work in a “dream” world as the Head Archivist for International Speedway Corp. and it really keeps him busy so his books have been sorta “Put on the shelf” lately… I continue to get great response and support for the new site… Got some real nice support Saturday night from Kendirk Performance and 5-R Trailers… Also have heard from Walt Wimer up in PA… He spent a lot of time in FL and has a ton of good pix mostly from the '60s that he’s contributing for the site… Harold Frederick up in Ocala has already started mailing me some pix from his vast collection… It’s a lot of work but it’s a lot of fun too…

Eddie Roches book

Hey Dave, I would be interested in getting a volume 1 and 2 of Eddies books if they are available. I E-mailed Carol Andrews, Bobby Days ex-wife, to see if she knew how to get Bobbys old photos and she just E-mailed me that Bobby Had given Eddie his pictures before he died. So I guess you have a lot of Bobbys pictures. Let me know about the books and where to send a check.
Thanks Bob…

bob: e-mail me at announcerdave@usa.net and I’ll get you set up with Eddie…

Eddie Roche Books

I’M HOPING THAT HE STILL HAS 1 & 2 AVAILABLE. ALSO JUST PUTTING IT OUT THERE AGAIN THAT THE SOUTH FLORIDA FAIRGROUNDS IS PUTTING ON A REUNION FOR THE PALM BEACH SPEEDWAY DRIVERS AND PARTICIPANTS

LET ME KNOW CROWEGIRL5@AOL.COM