Brian Finney Wins First Leg of Florida Triple Crown - Keene Takes Goodyear Challenge

News From Bill Green covering USA International:

Lakeland - Veteran racer Brian Finney out of Merritt Island used a late race pass on youngster Matt Bowers of Mount Dora to win the first leg of the FASCAR Florida Triple Crown sponsored by All Pro U-Pull-It. The winner and second place finnisher started side-by-side in the 11th row and paced each other through the field.

The field saw is first trouble on lap-2 as Jeremy Colangelo stuck his nose under Fain Skinner going into turn three. The bump turned Skinner into the outside wall and he became the ramp over which an unsuspecting Brad May would launch his unsponsored car into the air. One and a half rolls later, May exited his car aided by safety workers.

Being the leader was a problem the last 25 laps of the 125 lap event. (more later)

The Goodyear Challenge Series saw Weekie Wachee driver Daniel Keene, Jr in Victory Lane. He was followed by Jeremy Colangelo pulling double duty and third place finisher Jason Boyd in the Joe Winchell #2x ride.

The 2nd Leg of the Triple Crown returns to USA on August 2nd and the 3rd leg will be September 6th.

Great news Brian! Congratulations!

For those of you who don’t know the Finney family, they are about the hardest working racers in Florida, and certainly deserve the good fortune that came their way tonight at Lakeland.

Congrats, they are also some of the nicest people that I have ever met. I was having problems 4 or 5 years ago at Nss with a superstock and Mr Finney came over and helped me out. He ended up giving me a couple of pushrods out of his hauler to get me back out.