Ocala Speedway Rained Out For Saturday

Saturday Racing Rained Out At Ocala
by BJ Cavin

The O’Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions and the Florida Mini Sprint Association were set to provide another exciting night of racing at Ocala Speedway, but nature has proven to have the final say in the matter. Officials from the O’Reilly All Stars and from Ocala Speedway have determined that the steady rain since 8 AM this morning has soaked the clay beyond the point where racing could be held tonight, and therefore have canceled the Saturday races. No make up of the events are planned.

Many fans and some racers had expressed a desire to postpone racing until Sunday afternoon, and officials had discussed that option. However, with the rain that has already fallen and radar indicating the much more is on the way, it was determined that the clay could not be worked into suitable shape for competitive racing in time for that option to be used and therefore was abandoned.

Fans will have a chance to see the O’Reilly All Stars at Ocala Speedway next season for the Winternationals, and the Florida Mini Sprints will appear at Ocala during the regular racing season.

I am Bummed

:frowning:

Sorry to hear this news. I took a vacation day today to attend. I guess i will have to drool over Winger’s photos and the few post’s of last nights action. Well, the next vaca day is for the Modified reunion. Jerry please do a NO-Rain dance for that event for us:anim_pound:.

I am bummed:(:smilie_bett:

I’m bummed also. I’m headed to the track in a few minutes to pick up my trailer. It will be later before I get any of last nights photos up.

This really was the best call in this case. its 3pm and still raining. what a crappy day for this much rain :frowning: