fascar rulebook

actually there not being penalized , there being given an opportunity to move up to a PAYING division and possibly advance their career . strictly stocks is a novice class . trophy only . not for experienced or veteran drivers . this is a common rule across the country and as it should be at all tracks . its called entry level for a reason . fascar is doing the right thing for the fans and all drivers .

[B]Who said anything about veterans/experienced drivers racing in the strictly stock novice class :confused: …I said the drivers meaning the rookies/novice drivers in this class who has raced init 3 years or less should’nt be penalized and made to move up if they “legally” win five races per season, it does’nt make them a veteran or an experienced driver just because they won five races in a stricktly stock that was’nt cheated up LOL,Now if they are excessivly cheating every week winning and getting away with it thats a whole different ball game your talkin about,then that is a problem with tech not policing the issue and letting the rules get out of hand and not dq’ing them which adverts to the suspensions recommended I mentioned in above post if they keep getting caught cheating and the same rule applies to everyone…What do they do in the other classes that race when one driver dominates it or wins more than five times?, what do they do for the fans and the rest of the drivers in those divisions?..LOL.

Whatever they decided to do is upto to them and time will tell how it turns out for everyone with that rule,wish you all lots of luck this year…Remember this is just my husband and I’s two cents so don’t shoot me LOL,we dont know anyone who runs in the strictly stocks on asphalt anymore we been on dirt for awhile so I did’nt comment on this trying to take up for anyone LOL…it is just that we never heard of a track making you move up if you win more than five times,just a honest opinion from us on it thats all nothing more :ernaehrung004: [/B]

no lincolns , sorry william !

from the rules:
“No rear wheel drive independent rear suspension V8 cars.”

rule book is up, one step forward.

arbitrarily throwing cars out, three steps backward.

it’s really curious, because if they were that desperate to get rid of the Mark 8 all they had to do was point out that it was Fuel Injected.
"Stock carburetor; 4 barrel maximum size. "

yes, they’ve still got the carb rule in there. :sprachlos020:

[SIZE=1]
i guess i shouldn’t point out, again, that this carb rule DQ’s almost every car at OSW[/SIZE]

[I]That sounds kinda crazy to make people move up if they win five races ,

[/I]this is an old rule that was removed a couple of years ago ( after they failed to throw out Rob Reynolds with a month to go in the season because “We’re not going to throw out the points leader” :fragend005: ).

Rob has since moved up to a Mini Stock … and doesn’t show up at the race track much any more.

four steps backward.

[B]D. If you borrow a car for points or otherwise, it must be within the same class.

[/B]what is this rule even for? you aren’t even going to be allowed to race in more than one class per season from now on?

what if you’ve won 5 Strictly races? are you done for the year?

or you can bring as many cars of your own as you want in any class you want but you can’t borrow any?

i don’t understand.

the only way this makes any sense is if they’re trying to keep Sportsman cars from being borrowed and run with Late Models or something.

D. Anyone, be it Car Owner, Driver, Crew Member and/or Family Member who performs an act or participates in actions deemed by FASCAR Officials as detrimental to the sport, including but not limited to verbal abuse of any FASCAR Official

i think back to that infamous chassis dyno incident and have to ask: “what penalties will FASCAR officials who verbally abuse competitors be subject too?” :engel016:

The lead car, inside pole position ( my bolding ), starts the race on restarts. All divisions will comply with a double file restart. The pole car can choose the inside or outside lane.

according to this rule, if the leader chooses the outside line he gives up the right to restart the race. curious.

3. NO WHEEL WEIGHTS ALLOWED IN ANY DIVISION.

i see somebody noticed my comment on wheel weights being legal in the truck class. :engel016:

[I]

there being given an opportunity to move up to a PAYING division[/I]

no they aren’t.

very few of the Strictly Stock cars can be moved “up” to any class. for instance, v6 cars aren’t legal for anything else. it’s not possible to go anyplace but Mini Stock ( the FASCAR class is known as “Mod Mini” or "4 cyl Late Model elsewhere ) for the 4cyls.

those that can would require a significant investment. a “cheater” metric car with a 350 would be the easiest.

you’re taking drivers who can’t afford to spend a whole lot of money and telling them to leave the track.

[I]
should’nt be penalized and made to move up if they “legally” win five races per season

[/I]especially when the fields are tending to 10 cars or less. it’s not going to be hard for somebody to win 5.
[I]

and possibly advance their career . [/I]

oh, brother. :anim_pound:

it’s a hobby, not a career. the “Little League” parents who are trying to turn their children into the next big thing are a big part of what’s wrong with short track racing.

strictly stocks are junkyard ENTRY LEVEL cars . the other classes are real racecars . thats why you have an entry level class to get experience in . not to make a career out of strictly stocks . if you win five times you have obviously done all you can in the class . time to move up . since you have been at volusia racing its understandable you havent seen how things have been at nss and osw . fascar has made a good decision to heal the wounds and repair the damage . they have to do whatever it takes to get the fans and racers back . leveling the playing field and enforcing the rules is the correct answer . example [ $ 2000 ] claim rule . keeps the cost down and stops the cheating .

not to make a career out of strictly stocks .

once again, very slowly this time:

[SIZE=4]IT’S

NOT

A

CAREER.[/SIZE]

easy todd ! wow maybe we should have worked alot harder on that waitress at dennys ! lol ! just a figure of speech man !

well i wish you’d stop trying to formulate rules off of a figure of speech. :grinser010:

formulate rules ? i dont think so . thats fascars job . all im saying , jmo that if your in a strictly stock for that many years , [lets try this ] your making a lifelong hobby out of it .that better ? lol ! what works for some might not work for others . as with any rule change some are pissed and some are happy . the fans complained , they listened , if its a step in the right direction im all for it . we need the fans and car count to get better . whatever it takes .

Citrus had a similar rule that required drivers that won 3 “hobby” stock races to move up to the “pure” stock division. The cars were basically the same so that wasn’t a problem. It made drivers that had the “hobby” stock division figured out run with tougher competition. I believe that it probably makes them better drivers in the long run. You never get better if you aren’t challenged. This year Citrus has combined the 2 classes so it isn’t relevant any more.

exactly ! the majority of nss strictly stocks were pretty much super stocks on street tires . bolt on some 8in slicks,a few upgrades and do some real racin .

I don’t know how many of you remember this but that is what they did years ago in the runabout class. You got so many wins, you had to move up period. Plus if you had moved up, you could not go back down to runabout and I saw quite a few drivers booted because they went back into a runabout after moving up. It didn’t matter if it was one race or twenty, they had gone up in class.

Then the economy got bad and the runabouts were thrown out for the strictly stocks which were really suppose to be strictly stock. Drive the car to the track, take out the headlights and race. But in time, the rules were lightened up because alot of the guys flat could not go up in class and they didn’t force it after so many wins and it got to be where anyone could drive a strictly stock no matter if he was a Sportsman driver, or Super Stock, or Mini Stock, he could go down and do it.

The runabouts really did get out of hand towards the end. Spending just as much money in them as a Super Stock because I had an idiot ex that did that. You would not want to know how much he spent on that runabout, it was crazy.

Strictly Stock should be novice, where someone new can come into racing and learn but when you have experienced racers also in the class, those beginners get very frustrated and leave and just quit. Seen that a few times also. When we had the Hurricanes on Saturday night, it made no difference then to Rusty what experience you did or did not have, you brought a car, you could run it. Whether that helped or not, I could not say but every track does need a totally novice class where new people can learn and not feel like they have lost before they even began. That was what was so cool about the Legends, that they had that novice class for new people, the Chargers. Many of those guys were much happier because they did not have the experience of a Legend driver and they were always going home with a damaged car and unhappy. The Chargers made them happy and made them want to race and come back because they felt they had a better chance with other novice drivers.

No one is ever happy with track rules but they are necessary and hopefully enforced because that does help people feel more equal and like they have a chance especially when they have never raced before in their lives. It truly is time that they have a total novice class and I wish them all the best of luck.

I’m assuming there’s no season championship or points kept in the strictly stock division, right? if you are essentially punished for winning races, points are irrelevant, right? I could see people slamming on the brakes in turn four trying to finish no better than second.

Ive been waiting for this

Well I’m reading the rules for strictly stock and giving my option at the same time. I hopes of getting your option at the same time.

CARS:Must be V-8 or 6 cylinder, full sized, American made car for the Strictly Stock Division. No rear wheel drive independent rear suspension V8 cars.

Should be open to anything that runs 4 6 or 8 cylinder cars. Independent v-8 cars? their goes all t-birds and cougars and mark 8’s counting OSW and NSS that rule alone killed 5 cars.

ENGINE: Completely stock engine for that year, make, model. Stock carburetor; 4 barrel maximum size. NO special ordered cars; NO high performance; NO boring: NO tinkering with engine. Heads: OEM, stock open chamber only for motor used in that year, make and model. METRIC CARS 305 C.I. MAXIMUM ENGINE

I agree with stock for year make and model…open chamber head only?..psst Mr. rule typer upper all 305’s have closed chamber heads stock…dee ta dee

BRAKES: MUST RUN REAR BRAKE LIGHTS IN BACK!!! come on I thought we were past this. HA I’m going to find the biggest red light i can. tehe

MISCELLANEOUS: May remove all flammables. Doors must be welded shut. Door panels may be removed to remove door glass only but must be replaced. Hood hinges must remain in stock location. All hoods MUST have hood pins; remove latches. Trunk MUST have hood pins; remove latch. All body sheet metal must be kept in place at all times. NO sheet metal screws ? use POP RIVETS ONLY.

Um door panels are mostly plastic and it says to put them back in? but remove anything that can burn? hmmmm:anim_pound:

Claim Rule: Any car can be claimed by anyone for $2,000. Owner of Claimed car may keep their seat and harnesses.

So I guess make it so cage, seat gauges,belts,window net,and fire extinguisher comes out in one piece

There is points. It’s all they race for

I’m assuming there’s no season championship or points kept in the strictly stock division, right?

i got an … 8th place trophy in Strictly for 2009? for showing up for three races?

so ya they are, or were, keeping points.

if you don’t keep points, there’s even less reason for a Strictly to buy a FASCAR license.

I could see people slamming on the brakes in turn four trying to finish no better than second.

this has happened in previous years.

another option is that Neil Kirby ( since Hindman’s Mark 8 has been outlawed, no legal v8 is competitive with the v6 Acura TLs / Probes / MX-6 class of cars ) could win 4 races by June and just not come back to the track for the rest of 2010.

then he could rinse and repeat in 2011. etc.

and it’s all perfectly legal by the FASCAR rules. you didn’t “force” anybody to do anything but come to the track less often. yippee!

but when you have experienced racers also in the class, those beginners get very frustrated and leave and just quit.

[SIZE=3]IF[/SIZE] the beginners ask questions of the experienced drivers and [SIZE=3]IF[/SIZE] the experienced drivers don’t act like 2 year olds and actually help the noobs you don’t have a problem.

[QUOTE=Jane;43575]I don’t know how many of you remember this but that is what they did years ago in the runabout class. You got so many wins, you had to move up period. Plus if you had moved up, you could not go back down to runabout

Strictly Stock should be novice class.[/QUOTE]

1. Then what do you do when everyone has won 5 or so races?

2. Stricktly stock is the lowest entry class therefore makes it novice.
    Money is what most people and cars need to move up.

No where close.
My car is exactly how chevy built it in 76’ of coarse minus interior and adding safety stuff and gauges

And with that rule, fascar will let the probes and hondas lead the way haha

[B]LOL…that was exactly our point also about the 5 win limit glad someone sees it :ernaehrung004:

We agree experienced or veteran drivers should not be racing in this class if it is made for novice drivers only,I think that is where some people are getting confused,I’m sorry just because a rookie driver who has raced in this class 3 years or less,and legally wins five races in a season does not make them an experienced or seasoned driver of any sort.

There is a novice class also on dirt at volusia the “4cyl.pure stock challengers” in order to race in this class you can’t have any experience at all on dirt or asphalt it’s for beginners only and they are only allowed to race in this class for three years max…if they choose to move up before the three years is up to another class that is thier choice but once they move up they cant move back down to it either,and Volusia usaly always has pretty good car counts of 15+ every week in that class,they dont make anyone move up just because they “legaly” won five races.
If it’s certain people getting away with cheating and winning every week that is a whole different story then it’s the tech and tracks fault for letting them do it and not sticking to thier rules which also discourages and causes the other drivers to quit.

Most people in this type of class does not have any extra money to move up just because they legaly won five races, My husband now races thunder stocks at volusia and this year my Son will also,we have two street/hobby stocks setting out back on jack stands one is a brand new one never raced he built at the beginning of last year and they just set there taking up space,Why because we cant afford hoosier 8" racing tires at about $140 bucks each that you have to buy atleast two or three of them every 3 to 4 races,plus all the high dollar motors and parts it would take to put in them to be atleast half way competitive with the others,Heck the only difference between them & sportsman is the 10" tire just about…there is guys putting $8,000 to 10,000 motors in them cars that is insane for a street/hobby stock…thunder stocks is a alot more affordable class for us and we can go out and have fun without spending a ton of money like he would if he was racing in the street stock class and is on $60 DOT tires that last all season just about. sorry to write a book jmo & 2 cents again LOL :cool:[/B]

This will be fun to watch…White flag is out, one more lap to go as the 89 of Hindman leads the 6.7 of McCreary and the 82, of Erb down the backstretch. Oh no! looks like are leader has had a malfunction of some kind because he is slowing to the topside of turn three! What’s This! It seem that the Ford Probe of McCreary has run out of fuel in turn 4, That leaves Jim Erb in the 82 as our leader! But Wait all of the cars tires have locked up??? Is this some sort of brake problem for the 82!!! Or an invisible force field for racers that want to race again next week!!!:grinser010: